Thread: HELP ME !!

HELP ME !!

Ive been hearing some bad press on SPEC lately.

Does anyone know of some alternate brands to look into? Is spec a good brand? What about Centerforce Dual Frictions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Aaron

Where are you hearing bad stuff? ALOT of people on this board run them and they do really well. I have the stage 2 and it has been trouble free for 300+ passes, but I am not really hitting it with alot or power.
    TIM

2017 Mustang Ecoboost 4cyl automatic

11.94 @ 115

I loved the spec stage 3 clutch I use to run behind my 347. It held up great even on the spray...1.4 60's and low 10 sec passes. If you read enough crap on the internet you will find someone that has had problems with almost every product. Most of the time they are caused by improper installation or user error.
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

I've had a dual friction in my car for the past 6 years with no problems. Spec makes some great clutches though. I wouldn't worry about what you read online.

I have heard stuff from a friend or two on SPEC, however, Fbody guys don't seem to like SPEC...

I plan on about 450-475hp max, and probably a little less than that in tq, would a SPEC2 suffice for an all around street/strip car?

It will probably be 75%street driving, 25%b strip...

I have been talking to a friend of mine, he had the SPEC3 in a 2001 Firehawk and said it felt just like the stock LS6 clutch after the break in period. I think Im leaning towards that one at this moment in time. Anything I should be aware of?

I would go for Spec Stage 3. I have driven cars with both 1 -2-3 at the track and I like the Stage 3 And quit listening to the Fbody guys all they know how to do is tear up their weenie clutchs and rear ends.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

I have a Spec 3 for my car. I'll let you know as soon as the damn thing is all put together..
    Shawn

I would go for Spec Stage 3. I have driven cars with both 1 -2-3 at the track and I like the Stage 3 And quit listening to the Fbody guys all they know how to do is tear up their weenie clutchs and rear ends.
    Best friend drove a Firehawk...I honestly don't know how I ended up with a Mustang, but things happen :P

Ill probably get a 3, it seems that its not harsh to drive, and since everyone seems to like them, it should be here in a week or so.
    Last edited by 2-8-1; 05-07-2007 at 10:36 PM.

I have spec stage 3 in my 95 gt with turbo kit. The peddel is a little stiffer than stock but thats it. I was launching at 5500rpm it hooked awsome. I drove it to and from the track I also drive it almost every day so get it, love it, launch it. Stage 3 all the way!!!!!!!!!!!
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

so get it, love it, launch it.
    awesome. Will be ordering in a week or so. Thanks for the help everyone!

Thread Information