Thread: IM SCREWED WHY DOES MY CAR HATE ME???

IM SCREWED WHY DOES MY CAR HATE ME???

Well a while back some of you may remember that i had a ford racing harmonic balancer and broke it, Well i guess when it did that it bent the crankshaft, i have not been able to keep a belt on the supercharger and i can watch my lower pullie wobble when its idling so i removed the pully to fine the harmonic balancer does it too, remove the balancer and restart guess what CRANK IS BENT, I believe my car hates me cause now i have to take the engine back out and redo the bottom end basically, hopefully craig can hook a brother up. Im done nice way to spend memorial day huh??
    1993 GT
    Dont know what she will Run yet.

man that sucks sorry to hear that
    An obstacle is something a person sees when they take their eyes off the goal

dude that sucks im in the same boat,put all this money in my car,tubular everything up front,coil overs new oil pan,gasket well my rear main decides to take a shit on me so just think of it this way ur not alone
    82 f-250 project coming soon

so did your bent crank break the balancer or did the balancer hurt the crank?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Bone View Post
    so did your bent crank break the balancer or did the balancer hurt the crank?
    Wow a good question!

Seriously, that could be the reason your balancer failed. Hate to hear about anyone having car problems, hope yours works out for the better.
    Wayne Best

86 Trans Am, LG4, A4

crank steel or cast?

big power adders + cast cranks = usually running on borrowed time.

sorry to hear of your strife man.
    Scotty Mac

well its a stock crank that i had inspected and turned so i would say that the balancer hurt the crank but i dont know, and at this point it doesnt matter cause i have a new balancer and guess im getting a new FORGED CRANK
    1993 GT
    Dont know what she will Run yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 93gtstang View Post
    well its a stock crank that i had inspected and turned so i would say that the balancer hurt the crank but i dont know, and at this point it doesnt matter cause i have a new balancer and guess im getting a new FORGED CRANK
    well I'd have to agree with you on that then, Glad your getting things squared away and will have it up and running again.
    Wayne Best

86 Trans Am, LG4, A4

Thread Information