Thread: grinds goin into gear

grinds goin into gear

91 lx 5.0, grinds going in first and reverse, is it the clutch cable ????

clutch is starting to pull about a 1/4 off the floor , if i take it to 2nd and put it in first it goes right in same with reverse i go from 5th to reverse , so what could this be..

do you have the factory clutch quadrent still? if so it probably broke they are made of cheap plastic
    Coilovers, h-pipe and flows, triax shifter, saleens, 4:10's, brembo/hawk brakes, and a few other things.
    Best ever 13.930 @100 mph w/Nitto drag radials, and one big ass telephone pole

Quote Originally Posted by ATimpe View Post
    do you have the factory clutch quadrent still? if so it probably broke they are made of cheap plastic
    yeah its factory cable and quadrent.. i pushed all the way to floor and pulled it up it clicked but never adjusted so will a new cable fix the problem or will i need a quadrent also thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 92BlackStang View Post
    yeah its factory cable and quadrent.. i pushed all the way to floor and pulled it up it clicked but never adjusted so will a new cable fix the problem or will i need a quadrent also thanks
    Sounds more like a quadrant issue than the cable. Look up under the dash, and check to see if the quadrant is cracked or broken.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    Sounds more like a quadrant issue than the cable. Look up under the dash, and check to see if the quadrant is cracked or broken.
    ok will go do that ina few, if the quadrent is broken do i need to replace the cable also or just the quadrent or both

ok just went and looked at the quadrent it doesnt seem to be broke but like i said i tried to pull it up and adjust the cable and it doesnt do anything so is it just a stretched cable if so what causes that ??

replace them both b/c the new quadrent is one piece and non-adjustable, I also recommend getting a firewall adjuster also along w/ a new cable and quadrent
    Coilovers, h-pipe and flows, triax shifter, saleens, 4:10's, brembo/hawk brakes, and a few other things.
    Best ever 13.930 @100 mph w/Nitto drag radials, and one big ass telephone pole

Quote Originally Posted by ATimpe View Post
    replace them both b/c the new quadrent is one piece and non-adjustable, I also recommend getting a firewall adjuster also along w/ a new cable and quadrent
    alright thanks guy, thread can be deleted now thanks sbz

Thread Information