Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got accosted by Kareem Abdul...

Got accosted by Kareem Abdul...

As many of you know, I install window tint on flat glass for a living. In my never ending journey to cover the tristate area in protective film, I tend to have alot of strange and wonderful adventures and experiances. Well, let me catch you all up on my meaningless meanderings.
    All last week Ive been downtown at the Carew Tower filming glass in vacant shops so people wont see the empty spaces so clearly. My boss was helping and we finnished this part last night about 8:00. We were standing in a parking lot discussing the next days work and general bsing about that job when this tall lanky black guy walked up to us. I could tell from his gait that he was a crack head and sure as shit clings to my butthair he started panhandling my boss. He told him that he used to play for Arizona and fell on hard times and only had a quarter to get on the bus. After a few stern "NO"s from my boss, the cracked out bum turned to me. To understand my frame of mind, I was hopped up on energy drinks and smoothies and not in the best of moods. I wasnt more than 6 feet from the boss when this guy starts begging for loose change from me. Now, he only has a dime to make a phone call and he played for UC.
    That was my cue to morph into Krazy Kevin. I went off on him. I said that I worked hard for a living and barely got by and that my boss was a tightass that made me pay for my own parking and that it was an insult to me to be asked to give what little cash I had left to some worthless athelte who couldnt keep his mouth off the crack pipe. "But I played for UC aint that worth something?" he asked. At that point I could have killed this dude and not had a bit of remorse. I replied with a rather loud voice "I dont give a fuck about UC, they suck and your a prime example why. besides, I root for UK"
    "Im going to my van and getting a big stick and beating you black and blue. "
    He actualy took a couple of steps toward my van with my when I turned and said"Youre allready halfway there so Ill just beat you till your blue. " I dont think he belived me till I pulled out a fiberglass 4 foot straight edge . At that point he must have realized that I wasnt going to give him tree fitty and ran.
    I honestly didnt think a crackhead had that much energy to run that fast unless there was a free sample of crack at the end of the block.
    My boss watched the whole thing and the only thing he could say was "I really thought you were going to hit him.
    So if anyone sees Kareem around downtown panhandling, let him know that theres a big stick waiting with his name on it.
    I love F bodies!!

LOL...so did your boss offer you change for parking?!
    I love my crazy friends!!!
    Kim

hahaha you did the right thing Kev. You need to take a video camera with you on your next adventure. Love the black and blue joke

i can't stand vagrants!!!!
    Being that I work downtown I deal with lots of them.
    Unfortunatly the begging must be in my presence to arrest them for that, but 95% of the time they are drunk so they go for that.
    Hard working people that are downtown to SPEND money don't need these bums bothering their good time and the businesses don't need it either.
    Downtown we have a lot of restaraunts with sidewalk seating they all happen to be on the north side main street. Well there is one fella that goes asking people trying to eat for money. He rarely drinks so I would just have to scoot him away but he would always return.
    So I did a little thinking and I banned him from the entire Northside of Main Street. If he wants to be on Main street that is fine he just is on the South Side. But he has no valid reason to be on the North Side. So if he is on the North Side he goes for Criminal Trespass!
    That makes a lot of happy business owners

Quote Originally Posted by Black92LX View Post
    i can't stand vagrants!!!!
    Being that I work downtown I deal with lots of them.
    Unfortunatly the begging must be in my presence to arrest them for that, but 95% of the time they are drunk so they go for that.
    Hard working people that are downtown to SPEND money don't need these bums bothering their good time and the businesses don't need it either.
    Downtown we have a lot of restaraunts with sidewalk seating they all happen to be on the north side main street. Well there is one fella that goes asking people trying to eat for money. He rarely drinks so I would just have to scoot him away but he would always return.
    So I did a little thinking and I banned him from the entire Northside of Main Street. If he wants to be on Main street that is fine he just is on the South Side. But he has no valid reason to be on the North Side. So if he is on the North Side he goes for Criminal Trespass!
    That makes a lot of happy business owners
    thank you for doing your job sir

Quote Originally Posted by bobtsgt View Post
    hahaha you did the right thing Kev. You need to take a video camera with you on your next adventure. Love the black and blue joke

Did the right thing? Threaten to beat his ass because he asked for change? What if the bum didnt take off running, then what? Catch a case because the guy wanted to eat that night?

Nothing like jumping on the bandwagon.

thats freakin sweet i wish i could've been there the last bum that asked me for change i told him see that subway there you go in go to the manager and ask for an application then you'll have plenty of change
    An obstacle is something a person sees when they take their eyes off the goal

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1995gtcpe View Post
    Did the right thing? Threaten to beat his ass because he asked for change? What if the bum didnt take off running, then what? Catch a case because the guy wanted to eat that night?

UM, WHAT DID YOU SAY?

Have you ever been panhandled on the streets of Cinci? Do you REALLY think the money will go for food? I'm sorry but you must be a bit naive if you do think that way.

The first time I was PH, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. I was a sucker! The next time was in front of the Wendy's and I offered to take the bum in and buy him a 99 cent burger, he refused and started to become irate and started yelling and cursing at me... Guess he was pissed b/c I wouldn't give him money to support his booze habit.

I'm sorry but life is all about choices. They made the choices that got them living on the street and I do not feel sorry for them. I'll buy 'em a burger but I won't merely hand them loose change to feed their addiction.

I wish I was there to see it Kev'. Kudos to you! Next time, grab the vid cam!

There we go, you just got it started.

Kim

Oh c'mon kevin. I have seen you beg for money.
    Originally Posted by vinny5oh
    That's why this place was created, to give the local Mustang community a place to hook up! Job done.
    Can't hardly believe we'll be on our 5th year already!
    Rest in peace Vinny5oh.

Quote Originally Posted by ricmcusa View Post
    Oh c'mon kevin. I have seen you beg for money.
    At least the guy in the pic is honest!

with At least he is honest.
    Originally Posted by vinny5oh
    That's why this place was created, to give the local Mustang community a place to hook up! Job done.
    Can't hardly believe we'll be on our 5th year already!
    Rest in peace Vinny5oh.

OK You obviously never met me nor read alot of my rants, they tend to start with something in my day and end up something way different. So, just for you, Ill let everyone in on a little secret.
    I got panhandled by a guy who said he played for Arizona and UC. I told him no and to be on his way. He left.
    Somehow. I think the way I told it the first time seems a bit more humorous.
    Thanks for reading tho, really.
    I love F bodies!!

Quote Originally Posted by dedpedal View Post
    OK You obviously never met me nor read alot of my rants,
    because you've cut wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back on them!! maybe you should come with a warning label?!
    Kim

Then you beat his ass with a big stick. Cops come and haul him off to jail where we pay for him to eat and sleep. Pretty much a win/win situation.

I have to go downtown quite often while I am driving the limos. They bother the hell out of me. I had to take some kids to Fairfields prom at Music Hall..This one bastard came up to the car and just kept talking. He wanted to know if I was hungry and that he had a damn turkey sandwich if I wanted to buy it. Finally I told his ass that I was getting pissed and to get the fuck away. So he saw one of the Music Hall valets jogging bye to go grab a car. Dude drilled the valet right in the damn back with the sandwich..It was pretty damn funny..
    Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by 95redstang View Post
    I have to go downtown quite often while I am driving the limos. They bother the hell out of me. I had to take some kids to Fairfields prom at Music Hall..This one bastard came up to the car and just kept talking. He wanted to know if I was hungry and that he had a damn turkey sandwich if I wanted to buy it. Finally I told his ass that I was getting pissed and to get the fuck away. So he saw one of the Music Hall valets jogging bye to go grab a car. Dude drilled the valet right in the damn back with the sandwich..It was pretty damn funny..
    hahaha that is pretty funny. you should have bought the sandwhich

Quote Originally Posted by 95redstang View Post
    Yeah you could have just done the right thing asshole and bought his sandwich, man.... you know he needed money for gas or rent. What the hell is wrong with you????? JFWY

Dam! Should have bought the sam--eeche so dude could buy a dime rock!

Thread Information