Thread: Applebees in Eastgate

Thumbs down Applebees in Eastgate

We ended up there yesterday for Father's Day lunch with Rachel's dad. It was a horrible experience. Right of the bat our server Pam S. came out with attitude, everything we wanted brought a sigh from her. The food took forever to get out(soups, salads, pasta) and when it finally came out it was cold and messed up. We had to fight for refills on drinks also. The sad part is they weren't that busy - perhaps the staff was hung over? After working at Eastgate O'Charleys for the last 5 yrs I'm usually pretty understanding about food service but this was ridiculous.
    RIP Vinny50
    '04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 - 309RWHP/325RWTQ (N/A) ~ 12.4 @ 111 Mph (N/A) - Sold 10-11-08
    Born in New Zealand - Made in America

AJ "McTire-Fryer" McKean
    *** My VB Garage *** My Website ***
    "As far as size, I would say anything larger than AJ's is too big." - Dedpedal

I am not a big fan of Applebees. But you get bad service every now and then, wherever you go, including O'Charleys. I have had bad service there a time or two. I keep going back though, I can't stay away from their rolls! Same thing with Quaker Steak, their service always sucks, but I still love their food!

I like TGIF's new menu, you can now get smaller portions of stuff, which works out well for me, I eat like a bird any more.

we used to eat at Applebee's alot, but a year or so ago, they changed the entire menu, and it sucked and havent been back since.
    Scotty Mac

I understand you will get bad service now and again, I'm always one to go back and try again. (Believe it or not, I've had bad service at O'Charley's before, but it depends on the server). But this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It was very frustrating to try and do something nice for your dad and have a nice relaxing lunch, only to have it be very stressful. I love Applebee's Soup & Salad and 1/2 price appetizers, other than that I don't go there much. I'll probably go to the one Beechmont instead, there service seems to be better.
    My name is Rachel...

"Shopping is my cardio!" Carrie Bradshaw - Sex and the City

"I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde." - Dolly Parton

2008 Chevy Aveo - Daily Driver

Formerly Owned:
    1965 Shelby Cobra - Factory Five Replica
    2006 Black F-150 XLT
    2003 Torch Red GT
    2002 True Blue GT

havent been there for months cuz the last time we wer there we got sick and the service was horrible. i dont like them very much. everything that we ordered was wrong. They poo
    SouthSide Custom Exhaust
    2002 Mustang GT
    :As far as I know - It's stock
    "You can have it in any color as long as it's Black"- Henry Ford
    R.I.P Vinny5oh 1969-2007
    Tuned By Modular Depot
    ~Josh~ MYVBGARAGE

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOTGTGIRL View Post
    I understand you will get bad service now and again, I'm always one to go back and try again. (Believe it or not, I've had bad service at O'Charley's before, but it depends on the server). But this was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. It was very frustrating to try and do something nice for your dad and have a nice relaxing lunch, only to have it be very stressful. I love Applebee's Soup & Salad and 1/2 price appetizers, other than that I don't go there much. I'll probably go to the one Beechmont instead, there service seems to be better.
    Yeah I've always had good service at the one on Beechmont - I think I'll just go there from now on.
    RIP Vinny50
    '04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 - 309RWHP/325RWTQ (N/A) ~ 12.4 @ 111 Mph (N/A) - Sold 10-11-08
    Born in New Zealand - Made in America

AJ "McTire-Fryer" McKean
    *** My VB Garage *** My Website ***
    "As far as size, I would say anything larger than AJ's is too big." - Dedpedal

I went to Applebee's about a year ago on a Sunday afternoon for half-price happy hour, and was informed that they no longer did the 4-7PM happy hours on weekends, just the 10-close. I've only been back once since. I kind of doubt they were losing money from that, it was just a way to squeeze more profit out. I've only been back once since.

The only reason I used to go to Applebees was because they were non-smoking. Now that everywhere this side of the river is, I see no reason to go there anymore.
    Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

That's the reason you spend $25.00 at Meijers. Go home, and fire up the grill. It should feed several adults, and children (including drinks). Grandma always said," The world went to pot, when people starting going to the bathroom indoors, and going out to eat". I tend to agree, my .02, Mike

Thread Information