Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR is getting rediculous!

NASCAR is getting rediculous!

NASCAR is getting rediculous! Why not call it the "Chevy Cup"? Chevy is just flat walking away with the season! Apparently NASCAR is not even REMOTELY concerned about "parity" like NHRA, NMRA, and every other racing sanctioning body...

EIGHT of the top ten cars today were Chevys. Guess where they finished? First through eighth. Lucky race? Chevy has EIGHT of the top ten in points. By the Grace of God (and some consistency) the only other two are Fords.

This is pathetic. Wake up NASCAR... it is not a fair fight!
    RALDIRIS RACING

P1 P2 P3 P4 P5

vinny5oh 1969-2007

Its all Ghey now anyway
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

I cant stand the new way of determining the top ten for the season. It is more like top ten for the end of the season, but only the best 10 from the firsst part of the season get to participate in the points for the last part of the season. Does it sound like Im rambling? Mabbe it was because of my Trouser Cheese Bunt Cake I was making today. im glad it wasnt hot out.
    I love F bodies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Its all Ghey now anyway
    x2. It's like a freaking soap opera now.
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
    x2. It's like a freaking soap opera now.
    And what do you know? You got a goofy name anyways.
    I love F bodies!!

I agree,it sucks. NHRA all the way. But it has it's goofy moments also. But at least they pull wheelies!!
    I just want a car with air.... lol

I haven't watched a single Cup race since Daytona.

The best racing that's been on TV this season so far has been Formula One. It's been some of the best racing I've ever seen (and by far the best F1 since the Senna/Prost days in the late 80s)...today's French GP was awesome to watch.
    Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by dedpedal View Post
    And what do you know? You got a goofy name anyways.
    I guess that is supposed to be something against me??

duh, nevermind, I see what you are talking about
    Last edited by WhiteT; 07-01-2007 at 11:09 PM.
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
    I guess that is supposed to be something against me??

duh, nevermind, I see what you are talking about
    In my favorite Cracker voice "BWHHHAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAHHHAAAAA"
    Thank god SOMEONE got it.
    I love F bodies!!

damn Kevins...

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I haven't watched a single Cup race since Daytona.

The best racing that's been on TV this season so far has been Formula One. It's been some of the best racing I've ever seen (and by far the best F1 since the Senna/Prost days in the late 80s)...today's French GP was awesome to watch.
    Formula One has more technically advanced cars but is a parade lap race. Juan Montoya said as much in an interview last week. But that's just my opinion.

Chevy doesn't have an advantage in the car of tomorrow except for the drivers and teams. The cars are the same. The Chevy teams have those cars figured out much better than the Ford or Dodge guys. Edwards and Newman had issues in the pits and it cost both of them top ten finishes.

Going around in circles for lap after lap in cookie cutter cars - I'll pass! I have tried several times to get into Nascar, I just can't bring myself to do it. The only thing interesting are the wrecks...
    Last edited by mach_u; 07-02-2007 at 07:50 AM.
    RIP Vinny50
    '04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 - 309RWHP/325RWTQ (N/A) ~ 12.4 @ 111 Mph (N/A) - Sold 10-11-08
    Born in New Zealand - Made in America

AJ "McTire-Fryer" McKean
    *** My VB Garage *** My Website ***
    "As far as size, I would say anything larger than AJ's is too big." - Dedpedal

How can you tell its a Chevy - what makes it any different than the Ford/Toyota/Dodge? Car of the Future? Reminds me of one big IROC race except each team can have their engine built (to a very rigid set of rules). Face it - the bodies are the same, its only paint and stickers now.
    Its all about the $.

I'm bored with it, I think I'll go hang out at Florence or Lawrenceburg.
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

The only thing ford/chevy/dodge/toyota on those cars anymore is the sticker on the front end.
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

I stopped watching after #3 passed away! It's been going down hill ever since then!
    2008 ZO6 Corvette

MGW Short Throw Shifter, Hallteck killer Bee II CIA, 2” Primary StainlessWorks Long tube headers and X pipe, Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust, TR6 NGK plugs, LG G7-X4 cam, bronze guides, Titanium ultra-light retainers, Ferrea Stainless Steel Exhaust Valves, LG High lift valve springs, C5-R timing chain, .040 Decked heads, COMP Cams LS rocker arm trunnion kit, McLeod RXT Street clutch, McLeod flywheel, Hawk performance ceramic pads and a S&M Motorsports Dyno Tune.

Quote Originally Posted by 02mingryGT View Post
    Formula One has more technically advanced cars but is a parade lap race. Juan Montoya said as much in an interview last week. But that's just my opinion.
    You haven't watched it this season then. Normally I would agree with you, but this season the racing has been fantastic. Alonso and Heidfeld had a dual for about 20 laps yesterday where they were passing each other multiple times per lap, and this new kid Lewis Hamilton is amazing...the next Senna. Unbelievable racing, and the coverage on Fox is great. Watch the British GP at Silverstone next Sunday...it'll be worth it.
    Faster, faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Quote Originally Posted by 02mingryGT View Post
    Chevy doesn't have an advantage in the car of tomorrow except for the drivers and teams. The cars are the same. The Chevy teams have those cars figured out much better than the Ford or Dodge guys. Edwards and Newman had issues in the pits and it cost both of them top ten finishes.
    yes the body is the same, but the nose panels are different by make, and chevrolet has a new engine this year. i know the setup has everything to do with getting through the turns, but when one brand of car outruns another on the straits, it an obvious advantage.
    what pisses me off the most about is, that if it were ford, dodge or hell, even toyota dominating like the chevys have, CRAPCAR would have made changes long ago to make the little bowties happy. they cry the most when the loose, and CRAPCAR tailors the races to them. anyone remember back in the late 80's-early 90's? if ford won more than 2 races in a row, CRAPCAR would make ford raise the roof and the spoiler and air dams, while allowing the GM's (used to be pontiacs and buicks along with chevy) to lower theirs, then CRAPCAR allowed GM's to win the next 6 races before giving ford back some of what they took away.
    it all comes down to what's good for chevy is good for CRAPCAR.
    i follow it on the web, but i refuse to waste ANY of my time watching this chevy parade!
    i can get the same kind of bias reading "car craft" or "hot rod" magazines.
    i do think it would be cool if other classes of racing would do the F1 start!
    that is cool as hell! fuck a pace start...go from a dead dig!! get going or get ran over!
    Scotty Mac

I thought the race was pretty interesting....Gordon tries to run down Hamlin and on the last turn of the last lap Hamlin gets loose,Gordon almost passes him. I'd like to have seen a few Fords up front, but the actual racing is better this year.
    95 Mustang GT
    Only 9,900 miles
    3.73s, pulleys, BBK coldair, SLP LM1 and a B&M shifter

F1 start and real cars that someone can actually buy at a dealer (the way it use to be). Now that would be interesting.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    F1 start and real cars that someone can actually buy at a dealer (the way it use to be). Now that would be interesting.
    at least a car that LOOKED like one you could buy!
    these stupid COT's look like the trucks in the truck series with shorter deck lids. they should name them rancheros, and el caminos...lol.
    Scotty Mac

Thread Information