Thread: My "new to me" Truck

My "new to me" Truck

Well, my buddy finally let loose of his old truck. Blown 393 and a bunch of other goodies. This thing pulls strong! Now she's mine, all mine (as long as the wife doesn't want to "borrow" it lol). If the truck looks familiar, yes it is Ralph Gabards old truck.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness"! 90LX Hatch. Gone but not forgotten! New Project "Dixie" as my boy named her. An 85 T-Top Hatch! Roll bar, Subframe connectors, Eibach Drag Springs all around, Lakewood 90/10's, Comp. Eng. 3way adjustable shocks, 8.8 w/ 4:10's. 429BBF is in the saddle. Glide is on the work bench... Lets hope for this year!!!

Good looking truck i've seen that one before isnt that one the lightning with the step side? Some dealer ordered it for his personal truck or something like that

Man when i was a kid and those trucks were new, i had a major hard on for'em...i wanted a flair side soooo bad. I'm not feeling the ground effects but very nice truck.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 Kentucky State Highway Patrol SSP Coupe

362hp/364ft-lbs Tuned by Cincy Speed
    http://www.cincyspeed.com/
    Walk around/exhaust clip
    The Stang
    The CVPI

-David

Nice, I love hot rod trucks. I dont like the ground effects either, but kinda adds a sleeper look to it. Makes you think an old mans custom conversion truck, til it spanks it off the line lol...
    Times not wasted if your wasted all the time

89 GT, just getting started with this lil whore!
    2006 GSXR 1000, new bike in the works
    2002 Hayabusa, a.k.a. The Punisher!!!
    2003 GSXR 600 a.k.a Her bike...
    Bootleg Racing

it looks like just a Flairside truck not a lightning
    Bottle Fed

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin1989 View Post
    it looks like just a Flairside truck not a lightning
    its a lightning.dealer installed the flare side bed for the original owner when it was new.
    91 GT -stockish(sold)
    99 MX-5

it does have that sleeper look, just not the sleeper sound . Hope to take it to the track some and see what it will do. Maybe take it to Cinci Speed Dyno Days too and go from there Thanks for the compliments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness"! 90LX Hatch. Gone but not forgotten! New Project "Dixie" as my boy named her. An 85 T-Top Hatch! Roll bar, Subframe connectors, Eibach Drag Springs all around, Lakewood 90/10's, Comp. Eng. 3way adjustable shocks, 8.8 w/ 4:10's. 429BBF is in the saddle. Glide is on the work bench... Lets hope for this year!!!

Thread Information