Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The vert goes under the knife

The vert goes under the knife

Well I drove the car to Victory Fabrication monday, we got started swapping out the S-trim for the drivers side ysi. I'm also adding a front mount intercooler and going blow through meter. The car should be back on the street by thurs, then I'm going to do a valve spring swap and get it back to Jeff @ Precision Autosports to make sure the tune is safe. The ysi will be slowed down, but it should still make alot more power than the S(which is still for sale by the way).

I'll try to post some pics once it's installed.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

Can't wait to see "Spiderman" back in action!!!! Just in time to own the streets of Bowling Green and their women!!!!!!!!!!
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

what block are you using in that thing?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

It's a mexican block. It's made 637 rwhp on race gas and cogs (5 speed). My goal for this year is to make enough power to dip in the 9's, on pump gas and 8 rib belt. Next year I plan on having a boss block, then step up the power.

We hit a small snag today with blower clearance and an accesory bolt. Tomorrow the bracket will get milled about .150" and that should take care the clearance issue.

So now were probably looking @ Friday. Once we can actually mount the blower we'll get started on the tubing. The intercooler is already mounted(with help from 93hulk), and bolt issues have been mostly sorted out.

Ray @ Victory Fab (victoryfab.com) has been a huge help in getting this sorted out. This would take me forever to get mounted if it was at my house. He's been involved with efi renegade for years, so he is very well versed @ custom blower mounting. He has been the crew cheif for Bob Kurgan on numerous occasions.

My brother has been a big help also, he has a cnc mill @ his house,Greyhound precision.com. He modified a vortech spacer for me so that I can still use my comp eng. engine strut. He now has some very nice software for his mill that does awesome custom engraving in aluminum. He's tz250 on here, feel free to pm him with questions about custom parts or engraving.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    It's a mexican block. It's made 637 rwhp on race gas and cogs (5 speed). My goal for this year is to make enough power to dip in the 9's, on pump gas and 8 rib belt. Next year I plan on having a boss block, then step up the power.

We hit a small snag today with blower clearance and an accesory bolt. Tomorrow the bracket will get milled about .150" and that should take care the clearance issue.

So now were probably looking @ Friday. Once we can actually mount the blower we'll get started on the tubing. The intercooler is already mounted(with help from 93hulk), and bolt issues have been mostly sorted out.

Ray @ Victory Fab (victoryfab.com) has been a huge help in getting this sorted out. This would take me forever to get mounted if it was at my house. He's been involved with efi renegade for years, so he is very well versed @ custom blower mounting. He has been the crew cheif for Bob Kurgan on numerous occasions.

My brother has been a big help also, he has a cnc mill @ his house,Greyhound precision.com. He modified a vortech spacer for me so that I can still use my comp eng. engine strut. He now has some very nice software for his mill that does awesome custom engraving in aluminum. He's tz250 on here, feel free to pm him with questions about custom parts or engraving.

i love your vert....got any bigger pics?
    Ryan Grove

07 Jetta Wolfsburg edition 2.5
    04 Explorer xlt

Wtb fox coupe or hatch roller for ls swap.

" if one more bolt breaks I'm going to start welding parts on "

Yeah post some pics.

YEAH!!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Patience young grasshoppers...he said he would.
    Fast verts rock!
    Someday I may have one.
    I love my crazy friends!!!
    Kim

We got the blower mounted where and how we want it, the tubing is all cut, tranny cooler is relocated. Ray will post pics soon.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Damn I can't wait to see the match up!!!!!! So is it going to BG or not????
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

Hopefully, I want to swap the valvesprings, and get it back to the dyno, and then (if it's still running) off to BG
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Oh yeah, you would think this thing is a construction worker, because of the way it whistles.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Looks good... should be fast! Why not use your cog setup on this?
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

$120 a belt, Renegade cars run 8.50's on a 8 rib belt. So if I can get the car to run low 9's next yr on a 8 rib I'll be happy.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Wow! I only thought they was $50 a belt..... Since your post I have also been checking up on them.... it sounds like they are Hard on everything.
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

Lookin good...hope to see it in BG
    94 Cobra, 9.54@141.17 1.32 60' -1.29 best...kennebell 2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGXfeucShE (sold)
    90lx(Flamer)stock 302 iron gt-40's tf stage 1 cam Dynoed 328h 342t 11.57@115.06 (sold)

89 coupe 302 iron gt-40's, 373-363 NO NOS! 10.88@123.3 (Retired)

"New combo"... NA 363, tf 190 11r's, 5spd 9.93@137.88, 3275 lbs (ac/ps)

Seen it today in person. SWEET!!
    Xtreme Outlaw Series
    S&M Motorsports llc
    Precision Turbo
    Performance Torque Converters
    Leash Electronics

Ive also got some in process pics of brians set-up that ill put up in the next couple days.
    Ray McIntire

Mafia GodFather

VictoryFab1@yahoo.com

I got to see it the other day, looks awesome!!! I think I may have to step up the jetting a little

Thread Information