Thread: This is very wierd for me to say...

This is very wierd for me to say...

But, I think I actually like you guys. Let me explain;

Last weekend, me and some buddies had some run-ins with a couple v-dubs. Long story short, we won, they had excuses, and it basically ignited another, subtle battle between swov and CSS. I, because I try to stay somewhat diverse, signed up on Swov (southwest ohio volkwagens) and started to poke around.

Well, what do I find? Pretty much an assembly of close minded, VW or die people, with nothing but excuses as to why there cars don't perform like others.

That basically sparked me comparing that board, to others of similiar fashion (brand specific forums). Throughout my different car ownership, I've visited many different boards, for info and discussion etc.

I must say, I enjoy this the most out of any of them, and I don't even have a Mustang! There are some people I could do without (Goo/Goo catcher etc), but as a whole, I think you guys are a good bunch of people.

You always seem open minded to other peoples cars/projects, and most importantly, YOU RACE. Whether it be on the track, or my favorite, the street. If you lose, you lose. No excuses about extra wieght, gearing, appearance, you just give props and move on. The people I have LOST to (recently firestang), nothing but respectful, and have a good understanding of what being into cars as a hobby is all about.

CSS is still my home base (I'm a ricer, what can I say), but I really do enjoy this place.

Thanks guys!
    -Mike-

"Spending money I don't have, to buy stuff I don't need, to impress people I don't know"

Yea I actually just signed up here as well to see how they are compared to the other forums. And from just surfing and reading post, I think I like this one as well.

? thanks ? glad to stay true.
    Bryan Mikolay > Cancer.

I would rather have a group of my peers pass judgment on me, before six of my friends carry me.

FOMFRacing.com

Awww Mike your so nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Moontang View Post
    Awww Mike your so nice...
    I heard you found an STi for me to race, where he at!? The civic is hungry
    -Mike-

"Spending money I don't have, to buy stuff I don't need, to impress people I don't know"

Aww Mike, you big softy... Just don't try and touch my ass @ the BW&R cruise this Thursday!
    RIP Vinny50
    '04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 - 309RWHP/325RWTQ (N/A) ~ 12.4 @ 111 Mph (N/A) - Sold 10-11-08
    Born in New Zealand - Made in America

AJ "McTire-Fryer" McKean
    *** My VB Garage *** My Website ***
    "As far as size, I would say anything larger than AJ's is too big." - Dedpedal

Quote Originally Posted by mach_u View Post
    Aww Mike, you big softy... Just don't try and touch my ass @ the BW&R cruise this Thursday!
    What? Me? I don't remember that
    -Mike-

You know, there is a cure for your ricer syndrome. Just check out the cars/rolling chassis section in the classifieds. Relief should be felt immediately.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

Mike I like it here as well. I will always give props to a nice car or nice running car Mustang or not.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Yea! His boy friend will get pissed!
    I think we should call this smile the AJ from now on!

Back on topic! This is a great group of people. No matter what they drive
    2008 ZO6 Corvette

MGW Short Throw Shifter, Hallteck killer Bee II CIA, 2” Primary StainlessWorks Long tube headers and X pipe, Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust, TR6 NGK plugs, LG G7-X4 cam, bronze guides, Titanium ultra-light retainers, Ferrea Stainless Steel Exhaust Valves, LG High lift valve springs, C5-R timing chain, .040 Decked heads, COMP Cams LS rocker arm trunnion kit, McLeod RXT Street clutch, McLeod flywheel, Hawk performance ceramic pads and a S&M Motorsports Dyno Tune.

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    You know, there is a cure for your ricer syndrome. Just check out the cars/rolling chassis section in the classifieds. Relief should be felt immediately.
    An 03/04 Cobra is on my list of cars to own.
    -Mike-

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    But, I think I actually like you guys. Let me explain;

Last weekend, me and some buddies had some run-ins with a couple v-dubs. Long story short, we won, they had excuses, and it basically ignited another, subtle battle between swov and CSS. I, because I try to stay somewhat diverse, signed up on Swov (southwest ohio volkwagens) and started to poke around....

CSS is still my home base (I'm a ricer, what can I say), but I really do enjoy this place.

Thanks guys!

Vinny made sure this was a fun and exciting place for everyone to enjoy. Not just the cool Mustang people.

Hope we can keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LR 01 Cobra View Post
    Yea! His boy friend will get pissed!
    I think we should call this smile the AJ from now on!
    Hey I wasn't the one holding hands and skipping with Matt and Kings Island...
    RIP Vinny50
    '04 Screaming Yellow Mach 1 - 309RWHP/325RWTQ (N/A) ~ 12.4 @ 111 Mph (N/A) - Sold 10-11-08
    Born in New Zealand - Made in America

AJ "McTire-Fryer" McKean
    *** My VB Garage *** My Website ***
    "As far as size, I would say anything larger than AJ's is too big." - Dedpedal

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I must say, I enjoy this the most out of any of them, and I don't even have a Mustang! There are some people I could do without (Goo/Goo catcher etc), but as a whole, I think you guys are a good bunch of people.

You always seem open minded to other peoples cars/projects, and most importantly, YOU RACE. Whether it be on the track, or my favorite, the street. If you lose, you lose.
    Thanks Mike! Always nice to have good feedback about this site. Vinny built Stangbangerz to bring friends together who have a common interest, and it worked! We met some of our closest friends from this website.

He visited CSS too, he liked to get on there and razz you guys. It didn't matter what kind of car you raced/drove to him, as long as you were having fun, he was happy!

It's not the same around here without him, but Vinny was a very unique person and he brought a lot of personality to this board. His presence is VERY missed by a lot of people.

Sorry to get off topic, but compliments about SBZ just make me think of Vinny. I can just hear him at the cruise-ins.... all these cars would be coming in packs, and he'd look over at me and wink and say "I did this" (meaning bringing everyone together).

Hey I wasn't the one holding hands and skipping with Matt and Kings Island...
    That's because you can't skip with your pants down around your ankels!
    2008 ZO6 Corvette

MGW Short Throw Shifter, Hallteck killer Bee II CIA, 2” Primary StainlessWorks Long tube headers and X pipe, Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust, TR6 NGK plugs, LG G7-X4 cam, bronze guides, Titanium ultra-light retainers, Ferrea Stainless Steel Exhaust Valves, LG High lift valve springs, C5-R timing chain, .040 Decked heads, COMP Cams LS rocker arm trunnion kit, McLeod RXT Street clutch, McLeod flywheel, Hawk performance ceramic pads and a S&M Motorsports Dyno Tune.

Quote Originally Posted by LR 01 Cobra View Post
    That's because you can't skip with your pants down around your ankels!
    sounds like you speak from experience
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Thread Information