Thread: T-3650 removal. How many bellhousing bolts?

T-3650 removal. How many bellhousing bolts?

My car TOTALLY ate the clutch at the dragstrip a few weeks ago. I still don't have the clutch because I wanted to add an aluminum flywheel at the same time. When I jacked up the car there was clutch disk material hanging out the drain hole at the bottom. Anyway. I've got a jack under the engine and another under the tranny. Driveshaft, crossmember both out. Ive got the 2 bottom bolts on the metal plate between engine out, and 3 bolts on drivers side and 2 on passengers side out. I have 2 bolts out of starter. The starter wont come out and I cannot separate the engine and transmission. I have raised and lowered both jacks. Am I missing some bolts in the bellhousing or starter? I don't want to jerk on any prybar so hard the whole thing squishes me. I even pried the clutch fork forward hoping it might release something. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    "If your car is making a funny noise, turn the radio up. That pesky noise will go away." Douglas Barry Pendleton

There are 3 starter bolts on the 4.6-5.4 motors. The one that is hidden is very hard to get to.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

be careful of the hidden bolt and make sure not to snap it.

Thread Information