Thread: 06 gt sloppy 5spd trans?

06 gt sloppy 5spd trans?

My friend test drove a 5spd 06 GT and he says the trans has alot of slope in it. It has 30k miles on it. My friend knows what he's talking about so I don't doubt him, but I wanted to see if any of you guys have expierenced the same thing or that this is normal for this trans. Thanks

No its not. The tranny is notchy but no slop. The stock throws are on the long side but again no "slop".
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    No its not. The tranny is notchy but no slop. The stock throws are on the long side but again no "slop".
    Dittos on this. Took a while to get used to mine after driving an 02GT for four years.

The really big difference that I noticed was the throttle response. The S197 is a "drive by wire" throttle body, the first of it's kind on the Mustangs to my knowledge. All previous Mustangs have had cable style throttle linkage setups. This also tends to lend to timing in shifting and throttle IMHO.

Get it looked at before taking the plunge. Mine has 32000 on it. I drive somewhat aggressive but I do not power shift. I don't launch at he track @ 4500 RPM on DR's. I do have fun though. THe recent 3500 miles is with the "one little bolt on" mentioned in my signature. Even with this, the tranny feels tgood, but the clutch is getting upgrades this spring along with some other re-enforcement upgrades to the power train.

Hope this helps.

The shifter can get sloppy if the bolt that connects the rod that runs from the remote shifter to the transmission gets loose. I'd check that and get an aftermarket shifter, the stocker blows big fat monkey nuts.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    I'd check that and get an aftermarket shifter, the stocker blows big fat monkey nuts.
    Now that's funny no matter who reads it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    I'd check that and get an aftermarket shifter, the stocker blows big fat monkey nuts.
    AGREED! When I switched over to my Hurst Billet/Comp it was a night and day difference. My only regret was that I didn't do the swap sooner! haha!

Damn Hurst had this shifter on back order for a year or more. I heard it was due to them putting them in the Saleens' and Shelbys first?

Thread Information