Before anyone says anything, I don't wanna hear anything about how I'm an idiot, I already know.

Last night, I went to a work fundraiser/happy hour at Monty's on Montgomery road in the wood. So, I know that I have a speeding ticket from a little bit ago, that I haven't paid, and I kept putting it on the back burner, because I'm trying to get completely out of debt right now, so I can buy a house.

So turns out, my license is suspended and I didn't even know. So I'm leaving Monty's to go home, and realize I forgot to pay my tab back at Monty's. So I drive back there, and what do you know the speed limit is freakin' 25mph on a 4 lane road through there, and I was probably going 45. Next thing you know, I see flashing lights behind me. I pull over, cop comes up, asks me if I know my license is suspended, I said I had no idea. He asks me if I had anything to drink, and asks me to step out of the car. He does the pen in front of my face test, and I pass that fine, so I hop in the back of the cop car. He tells me that my car is going to get impounded, and another cop pulls up, and they both search my car, I said I was fine with that, what do I have to hide....

So he gets back in the cop car, and radio's in, and asks another officer if this offense requires the car to be towed. Luckily, the officer says no, whew. So I call a friend to come pick me up, and the cop drives me up a few blocks and drops me off at the BP to be picked up by my buddy. Next thing you know, he's giving me a wreckless op ticket???? WTF? I'll admit, I was definately speeding but in absolutely no way driving wrecklessly. I'm decently responsible, never had a dui, but do have a couple speeding tickets, and the cop says that this will put me at 12 points, but since this is my first wreckless op offense, I can ask the judge to take that class, and get two points knocked off, and I won't have my license suspended.

Is it worth it to get a lawyer? He didn't clock me, and my court date is November 7th at 1:00. Any ideas? Is it just his word against mine?