Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Got in a little bit of legal trouble...

did you say norwood? you done for the first 2 times you go to court, they are thieves there.

bout 15 years ago they game me some bs reckless op ticket pulling out of frisch's when i used to manage there they told me i pulled out too fast or some bull crap

so, i go to court, of course then they have to get the officer

so, i go back to court, tell them, yeah, i know i was speeding (on the lateral after leaving), i said it was clear, midnight, no other cars on the road, i admit speeding, but reckless op?

judge goes guilty? i'm standing there flabergasted, like wtf?

so, i talked to my divorce attorney at the time, she told me i could file an appeal and have it moved out of norwood to hamilton county, so i did that

i go to court, of course they have to get him again, lol, so between # 3 and 4 court appearance, i left a message for the officer, he called i asked him if we could maybe knock it down to speeding, he said yeah, (they used to eat free at frisch's all the time lol) and there ya go
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Beef, sounds like broke Norwood already moved it downtown.........

BMV

I agree with Silver Bullet, call BMV and try and get your L's fixed before court date, most of the time you can plea out to other offences EX..speeding, wreckless, if you were also cited for being under suspension. Thats really all the courts want is you to be valid and have insurance...If you show to court with newly valid L's and proof of insurance on the day you got pulled over, Judge is happy...So bring copy of insurance.
    If cop doesnt show to court, they will drop the speeding/wreckless opp, but will never drop the suspended license.

I would get a Lawyer, they wont charge that much for this kind of legal work, as its something most of them do day in and day out dealing with people's driving issues.

Also Norwood Cops dont HAVE to go to court for stuff like this as do Cincy P.D does, and HMSO.

Quote Originally Posted by angieriou View Post
    I agree with Silver Bullet, call BMV and try and get your L's fixed before court date, most of the time you can plea out to other offences EX..speeding, wreckless, if you were also cited for being under suspension. Thats really all the courts want is you to be valid and have insurance...If you show to court with newly valid L's and proof of insurance on the day you got pulled over, Judge is happy...So bring copy of insurance.
    If cop doesnt show to court, they will drop the speeding/wreckless opp, but will never drop the suspended license.

I would get a Lawyer, they wont charge that much for this kind of legal work, as its something most of them do day in and day out dealing with people's driving issues.

Also Norwood Cops dont HAVE to go to court for stuff like this as do Cincy P.D does, and HMSO.
    Yea, I'm going down to 1000 Sycamore tomorrow, to get the release of forfeiture, so I can go to the DMV and get my license back. Court is on wednesday.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Since when?
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Since Norwood can't afford to pay the overtime

if they get a subpoena they have to go they don't get a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Black92LX View Post
    if they get a subpoena they have to go they don't get a choice.
    Most agencys dont get subpoenas, mainly in Hamilton CO, becase of case loads, they get notifed, which means its up to the Department to ensure the officers go.

Most agencys dont get subpoenas, mainly in Hamilton CO, becase of case loads, they get notifed, which means its up to the Department to ensure the officers go.
    Sure in preliminaries but if it goes to a hearing where in EVERY charge even violations you have the right to face your accusor, which comes at a hearing or trial depandant.. The officer will be subpoenaed at one point or another. Then if you don't show you have to provide just cause as to why you weren't there and sorry but because I am not getting paid for it won't fly.

This is why contracts are good! All my off duty court (which is all since I am 2nd Shift) is overtime. And I get at least 2 hours no matter what even if I am only there for 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Black92LX View Post
    Sure in preliminaries but if it goes to a hearing where in EVERY charge even violations you have the right to face your accusor, which comes at a hearing or trial depandant.. The officer will be subpoenaed at one point or another. Then if you don't show you have to provide just cause as to why you weren't there and sorry but because I am not getting paid for it won't fly.

This is why contracts are good! All my off duty court (which is all since I am 2nd Shift) is overtime. And I get at least 2 hours no matter what even if I am only there for 5 minutes
    I agree

If it is my day off... I get 3 hours ot., if I hold over from third shift, I get 5 hrs. OT!
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

Any info or an outcome?
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    Any info or an outcome?
    I'm leaving in about two hours.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Well, not sure if its good news or not yet, but I paid my unpaid speeding ticket, got my license valid, and am going to the LIP class on december 12th, for my driving under suspension, and reckless op. After I complete the class, I will have to go back to court, and I'm not sure if I will get both reduced or maybe even dropped???
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

the suspension should be dropped, dunno about the reckless op.

Most judges are very harsh on driving under suspension if it's your first time and you try to get it fix. Lucky I got mine taken care of before court, didn't need no LIP

Exclamation

How did your case go? I hope well. I know this advice is after the fact but here I go anyway. I won't give you any more advice on the lawyer thing, you thankfully received plenty. But letting the officer search your car, bad move. I know you didn't have anything to hide but never allow anyone to search your vehicle or home without a search warrant. It is your right!! Being nice to the officer got you no where. Also, did he ask to search the vehicle before or after he gave you the citation? By law, they need to give you the citation and tell you that you're free to leave before requesting to search your vehicle. On the other hand, if they are going to tow your vehicle, they may do an inventory search of the car and anything they find is permitted as evidence in court. As a former law enforcement officer, I can tell you that searches such as this one produce lots of good evidence. It's a freeby, no PC (probable cause) required. The reason the officer must tell you that your free to go is so you don't have the fear of getting the book thrown at you by not being a nice guy and letting them search your car. It has been viewed in many courts, including Hamilton County, as a type of coercion. If the officer did not follow the rules for your stop and you haven't finished in court yet, please let your attorney know. Lastly, please don't misunderstand where I'm coming from on the search thing. I'm very pro law enforcement and I don't want criminals getting a free pass, but the law is the law. The deck is stacked in favor of the bad guys but the police need to be better and play by the rules.

I hope this helps you with your current problem or in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliMan View Post
    How did your case go? I hope well. I know this advice is after the fact but here I go anyway. I won't give you any more advice on the lawyer thing, you thankfully received plenty. But letting the officer search your car, bad move. I know you didn't have anything to hide but never allow anyone to search your vehicle or home without a search warrant. It is your right!! Being nice to the officer got you no where. Also, did he ask to search the vehicle before or after he gave you the citation? By law, they need to give you the citation and tell you that you're free to leave before requesting to search your vehicle. On the other hand, if they are going to tow your vehicle, they may do an inventory search of the car and anything they find is permitted as evidence in court. As a former law enforcement officer, I can tell you that searches such as this one produce lots of good evidence. It's a freeby, no PC (probable cause) required. The reason the officer must tell you that your free to go is so you don't have the fear of getting the book thrown at you by not being a nice guy and letting them search your car. It has been viewed in many courts, including Hamilton County, as a type of coercion. If the officer did not follow the rules for your stop and you haven't finished in court yet, please let your attorney know. Lastly, please don't misunderstand where I'm coming from on the search thing. I'm very pro law enforcement and I don't want criminals getting a free pass, but the law is the law. The deck is stacked in favor of the bad guys but the police need to be better and play by the rules.

I hope this helps you with your current problem or in the future.
    He asked to search my car, LONG before he gave me the citation. I'll see what happens on my next court date though, pretty much everything that could have gone in my favor, has.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Actually a PO only needs probable cause to search your vehicle not a warrant.

That is correct. I should not have stated only a warrant could be used. You need PC to obtain a warrant which in my opinion would be the best way to search a vehicle. As with a warrant, the officer can search for certain items related to a criminal offense he or she believes has been committed. If they don't have PC they can ask your permission to search the vehicle once you are free to go. I believe the big difference is officer's ability to search the vehicle for evidence related to specific criminal activity and where that evidence could actually be hidden as opposed to an open invitation to search every square inch of the vehicle when you give permission for the search.

I understand your point on that believe me. But if you have nothing to hide then I would be okay with giving the permission. Of course if I had something in the car then I wouldn't give permission. A lot of it depends on what your getting pulled over for. If you get pulled over for dui and you are they're going to search your car, period.

Thread Information