Thread: Makita cordless drill and impact combo...

Makita cordless drill and impact combo...

I picked up a nice package at Home Depot last night. Ive been shopping and comparing cordless drills and 3/8" drive type cordless impacts for the last few weeks. I seem to use these a LOT at work and borrow them from my coworkers on a daily basis. Since I use them a lot I wanted something tough and reliable so it will stand up to the abuse. I shopped Mac, Matco,Snap On, Craftsman and a few other places. I just couldn't seem to get a fair deal or get exactly what I wanted. I wanted a nice drill and an Impact that were of the same manufacture and used the same type battery so they would be interchangeable. Apparently thats a lot more to ask for than you'd think.

So the other day I head to the Homes Depot. Homes because of all the Mexicans that work there. j/k I find myself in the tool isle and a Makita cordless drill catches my eye. Its then I remember using one just like that, that Tim Duncan had when we were working on the PINKS car. So right there I call ma boy Timmah and chat for a few. He tell's me about the combo deal they have and I find it and check it out. Just what I had been looking for, damn!

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...egoryID=501763

So I picked one up along with a bunch of different chucks to fit the impact. I got home and decided to charge the battery's so I could use it today. Holy Shit, the battery's only take 15 min. to charge, too cool! the charger is tough and high tech looking too. SO i get to work this morning and had to try out my new shit. I put the 1/2" chuck in the impact and slipped on a 19mm socket . It passed the ultimate test! zipped off a set of lug nuts with no problem! I couldnt believe a 1/4" style cordless would have the ass to do that much but it does. I guess the 18volt battery's are better than the old school 12volt stuff I'm used to. Needless to say, I'm very happy with it and highly recommend this kit.

I've been lookin for a 18v Bosch impact to go with my 5 piece set.
    No one owes you anything,
    Hold your head up..... Not your hand out!!!

Jason

just about every mechanic where i work has a makita and hell yeah they got balls, but i dont like the fact that the sockets slip right off when you point the gun down.....
    '04 SVT Cobra -Billetflow 2.76,MAF extender, MAC H, NGK TR6, Steeda Tri-Ax
    '03 Kenne Bell GT-SOLD-Steeda tri-ax,3.55 gears, mac cai,bbk longtubes, bbk X and magnapack exhaust
    404rwhp 407rwtq-Tuned by MD Motorsports
    '00 Mustang (Stock) -SOLD

Thumbs up

Makitas are

Buddy of mine gave me an old one (7-8yo) and it STILL kicks butt!

Quote Originally Posted by vypastang View Post
    just about every mechanic where i work has a makita and hell yeah they got balls, but i dont like the fact that the sockets slip right off when you point the gun down.....

The one I bought has a locking chuck. You have to use two hands to get anything off it.

Thread Information