Thread: Can't get t-3650 out

Can't get t-3650 out

I cannot get this darn transmission out. I have a block of wood and jack under front of oil pan to try and tilt engine back. I am sure I have all the bolts out, cable off, starter out. Even with a come a long around back of tranny I cannot get it more than about 1/2 inch off of engine. What the heck am I doing wrong? Is it common for the input shaft to get that stuck?
    "If your car is making a funny noise, turn the radio up. That pesky noise will go away." Douglas Barry Pendleton

If you've got everything unhooked it should slide off! I swapped one in a buddys 01 Cobra. Look again, something must still be connected.
    good luck!
    2008 ZO6 Corvette

MGW Short Throw Shifter, Hallteck killer Bee II CIA, 2” Primary StainlessWorks Long tube headers and X pipe, Billy Boat Fusion Exhaust, TR6 NGK plugs, LG G7-X4 cam, bronze guides, Titanium ultra-light retainers, Ferrea Stainless Steel Exhaust Valves, LG High lift valve springs, C5-R timing chain, .040 Decked heads, COMP Cams LS rocker arm trunnion kit, McLeod RXT Street clutch, McLeod flywheel, Hawk performance ceramic pads and a S&M Motorsports Dyno Tune.

make sure you got all the little bolts out of the flyweel shield and you did take the starter off right. May be a dumb question but you never know.
    How do you make a ford fast?
    Put a chevy motor in it! Lol
    Todd

I just figured it out. Dang longtube headers are hitting on passenger side. I had to be all the way under looking up to see it. SO now I've got to pull the whole k member to get the header off and the tranny out. Good thing I've got vacation week after next. Hope its not too cold.
    "If your car is making a funny noise, turn the radio up. That pesky noise will go away." Douglas Barry Pendleton

if you need some extra hands shoot me a PM

Thread Information