Thread: 96 honda accord. Great beater!!!

96 honda accord. Great beater!!!

I bought this a week or so ago off a buddy who needed some cash. I really don't need it so i am gonna sell it. Its a 96 Honda Accord DX. Just your basic car. Manual doors, windows. Has A/C, and it works great. 192,000 on the car. Allan Nott Honda in Lima OH put a new motor in at around 60,000 miles i believe. I have the paperwork for it. I just put a new exhaust from the cat-back on a couple of days ago. The only problem is, now i can hear the heat shield on the cat rattling. that WILL be fixed soon, drives me nuts!! Also has a new battery. Sony CD player. It has a couple of dents and the clear on the roof is starting to fade, but other than that, is a good looking car. The interior could use a good shampoo, but is also in great shape. Car runs and drives awesome!!! I have been driving it the past few days and really like it. I just want some money to put down towards a house. I'm asking $1900 OBO. Thats about $500 below book value for FAIR condition.
    Here are the pics.

I also have both owners manuals and all the service records from the previous owner
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD.......you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences

Seems like a pretty good deal.

I love how the speedo goes to a buck 40 haha

does new motor have 60k on it or was a new one installed at 60k

it was installed at 60K. So it has about 130k on it.
    Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD.......you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences

Question

Quote Originally Posted by corey331 View Post
    it was installed at 60K. So it has about 130k on it.
    Sup Corey ?

How many miles are those Honda engines good for ???

Whats goin on man? my mom has a 95 with 280,000 on the original motor. And its still running strong. they run like a damn diesel.... forever!!!!

Arrow

Whats goin on man? my mom has a 95 with 280,000 on the original motor. And its still running strong. they run like a damn diesel.... forever!!!!
    Just working my ass off as usual and trying to survive 3rd Shift!

280k on an original gasser is unreal! Is it a 4 or 6 cylinder your mom has ?

Speaking of diesels....I "pondering" selling my 98 Dodge Ram w/Cummins Turbo-Diesel. I "may" be downsizing to get rid of the payments on it. I would probably replace it with something like your Honda here. Just in the preliminary stages of planning my downsizing right now.

Maybe, just MAYBE considering selling my 91 GT Vert in the mix as well. I'm thinking I would like to end up with an older economy-commuter car, old Ford 4x4 P/U and another Fox Body 5.0. ?????

BTW, here's pics of my Diesel... http://katmanduonline.net/pics/98_Ram/

Mom's is a 4 banger. And that truck is pretty bad ass!! If i didn't have my lightning, i would consider taking that off your hands!!

Arrow

Mom's is a 4 banger. And that truck is pretty bad ass!! If i didn't have my lightning, i would consider taking that off your hands!!
    Thanks man.

It "was" badder before I HAD to put a muffler back on it! The wife refused to ride in it if I didn't. Hmmm....that may NOT have been a bad thing either! Sounded like a high performance semi.

It's got a good bit of engine mods on it. Best I can figure, it's cranking out around 375HP and over 650lbs of TORQUE.

Thing flat out FLYS from 40-90MPH! The mid-range power is UNREAL! That's when the turbo really gets spooled up! It's like a runaway freight train!

Now that I think about it more...I "may" NOT sell it after all!

could you PM me your number, my friends parents are looking for a car for his sister
    1995 Jeep Wrangler 5spd
    1971 Jeep J20, 360 AMC V8, 4 spd lifted with all the bells and whistles
    1993 Ford F350 crew cab, ex military truck, cummins 12v swap
    1995 F350 crew cab 4x4
    1993 Ford F600
    1978 Jeep grand cherokee 2D
    1970 Honda 350 Scrambler
    2004 BMW M3, summer/nice day driver

SOLD!!

Thread Information