Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There new single aint to flippin shabby!!!! The Day That Never Comes!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the full album which hits streets the 12th O BOY!!!!
    "Im here to chew bubble gum and kick azz......... And Im all out of bubble gum!"

Furcury Capri
    351 Windsor, GT40 heads, Mac Shortie Headers, Off Road H Pipe, Performer 351 Intake, Lunati Bracket Master Cam 512 lift/292 duration, 725cfm Road Demon Double Pumper, 8.8 rear w/3.73's, Crane Cams Fireball Hi-6 Ignition, and a T5...... For Now!! Muuuaaaahhhhhahahahaha!!

www.cardomain.com/ride/2883839

I heard it on the radio about 20 times yesterday in Louisville. I dont care for it to be honest, but then again I dont like any Metallica stuff.

Yeah i cant wait to hear the rest of the album .......it sounds pretty good

Well its not really super bad ass but it'll do. But it dosent matter if they pooped on a cd and sold it, it would still go platinum, and id buy it, cause apparently shit these days sound good.
    "Im here to chew bubble gum and kick azz......... And Im all out of bubble gum!"

Furcury Capri
    351 Windsor, GT40 heads, Mac Shortie Headers, Off Road H Pipe, Performer 351 Intake, Lunati Bracket Master Cam 512 lift/292 duration, 725cfm Road Demon Double Pumper, 8.8 rear w/3.73's, Crane Cams Fireball Hi-6 Ignition, and a T5...... For Now!! Muuuaaaahhhhhahahahaha!!

i'll want to hear it, i'm a big fan of the early stuff
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

I am also a fan of the early stuff. I thought this song was a solid 5 out of 10.
    1991 Mustang GT 5.0L (under the knife)
    1968 Camaro 4.1 L6 (for the moment)
    2002 Subaru WRX 2.0L turbo
    1998 F150 XLT 4.6L (getting fixed!)
    1992 Civic Si 1.6L (40+mpg)

The first half of the song is damn good but the second half is kinda choppy but still good. It definatly has that justice feel.

Furcury Capri

thats funny i felt the front half of the song was too fluffy..i liked the last half because they were cranking the ever loving bee gee sus out of the guitar.. old school metallica style. Its been quoted as a modern And Justice for All.. in my mind one of the best albums they ever did..
    ================================================== =========================
    1969 Firebird 400 Coupe -Pontiac 406
    Currently Mustang-less
    ================================================== =========================

My Apocolypse............. Not To Shabby!!!!

Furcury Capri

My Apocolypse makes me think of Battery!! Which is Awesome!!!!

Furcury Capri

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119

there is a link to the song on their website.

Far better than anything they have put out in their last couple of albums, but still not back to the old Metallica which is by far the greatest.

Though the S&M album is phenomenal

Metallica is still to this day my favorite band...their first 4 albums are very dear to me, especially And Justice For All...that in my opinion is the best Metal album ever written.

This new song...i dunno. It does sound better than anything since the Black Album, but i just think they're a different band and will never again be the same Metallica from back in the day. The slow parts at the beginning sound like typical current Metallica grooves, and then the last part where it gets heavy sounds very "Master of Puppetsish" to me. I don't care a lot about how they recorded it...the drums sound weird. I'm NOT gonna get my hopes up though...they burned me in '96 when they came out with Load...i waited for 6 F'in years for a new Metallica album and then got completely let down. I probably will give it a good listen when it comes out though.

Now...St. Anger...that album is a huge POS. I got it when it came out and gave it a good honest chance, and i didn't like it then. Now, about a month ago i picked it up again and i still can't listen to the whole album.
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 Kentucky State Highway Patrol SSP Coupe

362hp/364ft-lbs Tuned by Cincy Speed
    http://www.cincyspeed.com/
    Walk around/exhaust clip
    The Stang
    The CVPI

-David

The only way for them to be as good as they once was is for Cliff Burton to come back to life. Rob is as close as there going to get to Cliff. But Im good and I love the new stuff. It will get worse before it gets better!!

Furcury Capri

Quote Originally Posted by ricks_85_gt View Post
    The only way for them to be as good as they once was is for Cliff Burton to come back to life. Rob is as close as there going to get to Cliff. But Im good and I love the new stuff. It will get worse before it gets better!!

I completely agree. This is Metallica's first shot since St. Anger, and I think for their first try they hit the nail on the head, it will only get better from here. I listen to the CD on the way to and from work EVERY day, and I am telling you what, the more and more you listen to the songs... the more I get reminded of the first 4 albums. I dig it.

I just heard the entire album and sounds very much like the the first 4. I ve been a Metallica fan pretty much my whole life and this new album hit the spot for some new metal. Its by far their best since Justice for all. I highly suggest you get it. Ill have mine tomarrow.

Has it been released or are you guys getting it offline? SOMEONE GET ME A COPY!!! LOL
    -EVIL SSP-
    '85 Kentucky State Highway Patrol SSP Coupe

362hp/364ft-lbs Tuned by Cincy Speed
    http://www.cincyspeed.com/
    Walk around/exhaust clip
    The Stang
    The CVPI

-David

i was a fan of early metallica but i saw an interview with them one time and they said it didnt matter if their songs were good or not that their fans would still buy the albums and ever since then i dont like them just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by 07thorobrd View Post
    i was a fan of early metallica but i saw an interview with them one time and they said it didnt matter if their songs were good or not that their fans would still buy the albums and ever since then i dont like them just my .02
    Well, they are, afterall the creators of the songs, they can do them any way they please, and the way I see it is, no one has the exact same taste in music, so therefore in a sense there is a Metallica for everyone, some like the hard early stuff, some like the S&M, some like the newer stuff, and some even like St. Anger. When does an artist ask for your requests/opinions? I'll admit I like St. Anger, yes, it was different, BUT what band does the same thing over and over and over and over again? when you don't change and grow, you dont survive in the music industry.

And the way I see it, they had sooo much negative responses to St. Anger that they were almost forced to do another album. Hell if they wanted to they could have retired and not gave a shit. But instead they went back at it with a fresh slate, and damn, I think they did a fantastic job with it. I know its not exactly what the old Metallica was, but when you listen to the songs enough times and actually give them a chance, you catch your self thinking "Wow, that song reminds me of........." Heck I can't keep the cd out of my cd player!

All in all I think Metallica is definitely heading in the right direction to keep up with the music industry and other metal bands, and the next album after Death Magnetic will rock even harder!

Damn guys webn kept sayin all night that it would be on the shelves at midnight. well i got off at 12.30 and it wasnt out there....

Thread Information