Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
    **That means, you show up to SBZ events
    **you show up to SBZ get-togethers
    **you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Running of the Dozen (there should/will be a few of these)

-Local T&T at E20 or TS with fellow SBZ members (these are our local tracks)

-A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders.

Now somehow we have to come up with a Technical definition of "Blow up"
    This is a very Grey area and it needs addressing. I believe all the other "rules" are easy to understand. so lets concentrate on the last one.

Blown up, Broke....
    If you have a HOLE in a Piston, You are Blown up, broke.
    If you have a car that wont go in gear and or move because the trans will not allow it, YABU/B.
    If you have to pull your engine out of the car for any reason, YABU/B.
    If you change heads because you smoked a head gasket, YABU/B AND you changed your combination.
    If you have to pull your SC or Turbo off to have it serviced, YABU/B.

Those are just a few I could come up with. I know there are many others.

So lets here everyones suggestions.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    If you change heads because you smoked a head gasket, YABU/B AND you changed your combination.
    Changing heads, and changing headgaskets are two different things. If you smoke a headgasket but the head is ok and your able to bolt it right back on, that should be ok. If you hurt the head and the head has to be serviced/replaced, or you switch to another set of heads, I agree with it being a combo change.
    I'm not cocky, I'm just faster than you!

-If you have a car that wont go in gear and or move because the trans will not allow it, YABU/B.
    The only problem I see with this is 9 times out of 10, if you break a 5 speed (stock ones anyway) you will still, almost always, have 4th gear. I've seen many many 5 speeds broke and even as bad as seeing parts sticking out the side of the case, and the car still have 4th gear and move under it's own power. I would say you clarify that if you lose ANY gear, counting reverse, it's Broke.

I agree, head gaskets are part of routine maintenance. Some may not agree, but we are going to be looking and an unbelievable DD in 09' and part of big boost and big spray is head gaskets. Since ford decided on the head bolt configuration that they did, alot of your big boost cars are going to lift the head and push a little water from time to time.

So how do the other members of the DD determine that the offender that pushed a HG only replaces it without doing any head work??

It sure does suck that we actually have to Police this and keep people honest. But I guess that is what comes from having the List that Everyone wants to be on.

The only suggestion I have is that you pick the dates for the dd shootout early in the season, and everyone that wants to be on the list is there, no exceptions. You don't run you don't make it. JMHO. Make three of them in a row, anyone should be able to make arrangements with work schedule or whatever to be there with a few month's notice, and if you don't show, well then maybe you are YABU/B.

Here is how I see it -

Broke is: Something happened and you cannot make another run (or drive it home). Headgaskets, plugs, etc. are to be considered normal maintenance items for the high horsepower world, but only if they are maintenance items. In other words if you blow a gasket and it puts you on the trailer - you are broke.
    If you change the gasket (not because it put you on the trailor) to give yourself the confidence you'll be OK for the next run you are OK (not broke). Yes this can get a bit fuzzy, but lets be honest, treat each other like adults and do the right things.

Getting upset over bragging rights and a sticker - maybe that should be considered as broke.

I am all for keeping it simple, keeping the basic rules as is and letting the chips fall where they may. I don't see how everyone can be made happy with any rule change, some folks are hurt by them, some are helped. Leave it the way it is, pull up your big girl panties and deal with it (no offense meant WW).
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Black Horse View Post
    Here is how I see it -

Broke is: Something happened and you cannot make another run (or drive it home). Headgaskets, plugs, etc. are to be considered normal maintenance items for the high horsepower world, but only if they are maintenance items. In other words if you blow a gasket and it puts you on the trailer - you are broke.
    If you change the gasket (not because it put you on the trailor) to give yourself the confidence you'll be OK for the next run you are OK (not broke). Yes this can get a bit fuzzy, but lets be honest, treat each other like adults and do the right things.

Getting upset over bragging rights and a sticker - maybe that should be considered as broke.

I am all for keeping it simple, keeping the basic rules as is and letting the chips fall where they may. I don't see how everyone can be made happy with any rule change, some folks are hurt by them, some are helped. Leave it the way it is, pull up your big girl panties and deal with it (no offense meant WW).
    I agree... leave it the way it is..... Just give some definitions to add clarity to what is broke or not....

Also, I agree on a new rule..... You bitch and moan... your broke....

Terry
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

Deleted, off topic
    Last edited by Black Horse; 11-25-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Off topic

Stick to suggestions, not finger pointing.
    Last edited by Silver Bullet; 11-25-2008 at 01:59 PM. Reason: off topic

How about a

Power adder DD
    and
    All Motor DD

you can only be on one list.
    (This is from another board) and it mite allow for some nice competician in the all motor arena.
    How many all motor combos made the dozen in the past 3 years?
    Just a thought
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
    **That means, you show up to SBZ events
    **you show up to SBZ get-togethers
    **you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Running of the Dozen (there should/will be a few of these)

-Local T&T at E20 or TS with fellow SBZ members (these are our local tracks)

-A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders.

Now somehow we have to come up with a Technical definition of "Blow up"
    This is a very Grey area and it needs addressing. I believe all the other "rules" are easy to understand. so lets concentrate on the last one.

Blown up, Broke....
    If you have a HOLE in a Piston, You are Blown up, broke.
    If you have a car that wont go in gear and or move because the trans will not allow it, YABU/B.
    If you have to pull your engine out of the car for any reason, YABU/B.
    If you have to pull your SC or Turbo off to have it serviced, YABU/B.

Those are just a few I could come up with. I know there are many others.

So lets here everyones suggestions.
    Why is KilKare not coinsidered a local track??
    ALOTE of SBZ members run at KK
    So if someone were to run say a 9.50 at KK and go to TS and have not as good of luck with traction and slow to a 9.90 then they have to use the 9.90 for the DD.....SBZ is bigger then just Hamilton, and Colrain Twsp. Hell we tested The PINKS car at KK I think that was a pretty big statement for SBZ.
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

So how do the other members of the DD determine that the offender that pushed a HG only replaces it without doing any head work??

It sure does suck that we actually have to Police this and keep people honest. But I guess that is what comes from having the List that Everyone wants to be on.
    basiclly if they make improvements to their heads then their car should be faster...So there numbers should get better

Deleted, off topic

Quote Originally Posted by 91lxnos View Post
    How about a

Power adder DD
    and
    All Motor DD

you can only be on one list.
    (This is from another board) and it mite allow for some nice competician in the all motor arena.
    How many all motor combos made the dozen in the past 3 years?
    Just a thought
    Then how about a class for True Street Radial tires? DOTs? Slicks only? Manually Shifted Cars? Automatic cars?
    Vinny wanted to see the areas 12 Fastest Street Mustang/Capri. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by 91lxnos View Post
    Why is KilKare not coinsidered a local track??
    ALOTE of SBZ members run at KK
    So if someone were to run say a 9.50 at KK and go to TS and have not as good of luck with traction and slow to a 9.90 then they have to use the 9.90 for the DD.....SBZ is bigger then just Hamilton, and Colrain Twsp. Hell we tested The PINKS car at KK I think that was a pretty big statement for SBZ.
    Vinny called Cincinnati home. Holly calls Cincinnati home. (New Richmond actually) so TS and E2O are local to Cincinnati.
    I would say 9 out of 10 of SBZ from the Dayton area run at TS also.
    I dont have a problem with KK and I think a DD shoot-out at KK would be cool. But if you want to be on the Dozen, ONE shoot out is NOT gonna cut it.
    PINKS car was also tested at TS.

Very good suggestions, keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    basiclly if they make improvements to their heads then their car should be faster...So there numbers should get better
    But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.
    Last edited by Maximus; 11-25-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Vinny called Cincinnati home. Holly calls Cincinnati home. (New Richmond actually) so TS and E2O are local to Cincinnati.
    I would say 9 out of 10 of SBZ from the Dayton area run at TS also.
    I dont have a problem with KK and I think a DD shoot-out at KK would be cool. But if you want to be on the Dozen, ONE shoot out is NOT gonna cut it.
    PINKS car was also tested at TS.

Very good suggestions, keep em coming.

But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.
    Agreed

Deleted, off topic
    Screw that......It was definitly not off topic..........Deleting posts to make things one sided is BS...........What a joke

Screw that......It was definitly not off topic..........Deleting posts to make things one sided is BS...........What a joke
    PM me what you said.

Suggestions should not be deleted.

Then how about a class for True Street Radial tires? DOTs? Slicks only? Manually Shifted Cars? Automatic cars?
    Vinny wanted to see the areas 12 Fastest Street Mustang/Capri. Period.
    I can see both sides to that, but it does suck to know that I would have to spend mega bucks to have a shot at the top spot with an all motor car. Not to mention it wouldn't even come close to being a streetable car.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I can see both sides to that, but it does suck to know that I would have to spend mega bucks to have a shot at the top spot with an all motor car. Not to mention it wouldn't even come close to being a streetable car.
    Why do you think I got out of the Dozen!! I swear, babies are less expensive!!

Although I heard there is a 600+ ci getting dropped into the fram rails of a DD Stang.

Thread Information