Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Yes I totally agree, you lunch your transmission and it's definitely not broke, you loose an axle at the track and the car is perfectly fine. hahaha

Trying to define broken is obviously going to be a struggle. This is exactly why you cant pop your hood in true street. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here because its obvious that no one agrees with me on it, but you can probably all now recognize why it is the way it is. When you let everyone determine what is broken to themselves, you'll always find people serving their own interests.

This isn't True Street!!!

Again these were just some Ideas to get suggestions going..
    If you remember my post I said it was my Opinion, So I don't expect everyone agree with me..
    So instead throwing up a comment about my idea/opinion like you did, Why not try to add something constructive instead ??
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Trying to define broken is obviously going to be a struggle.
    When you let everyone determine what is broken to themselves, you'll always find people serving their own interests.
    That is so true. That is why we are looking at suggestions that a Majority can agree on.

I would also like to see the DD contenders out somewhere other than the track, say at least once a month. That way we could confirm the "street" in their status.

Keep the suggestions coming, good or bad.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post

If you remember my post I said it was my Opinion, So I don't expect everyone agree with me..
    So instead throwing up a comment about my idea/opinion like you did, Why not try to add something constructive instead ??
    Thanks for your suggestion, it is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by k062693w View Post

I have, which is why I gave the disclaimer. Not picking on you, I can agree with some of the stuff you suggest. What I'm pointing out is how in your mind a broken transmission doesn't mean your car is broken. In others minds melted plugs are fine. So um, where do you draw the line? The no popping hood rule fixes all of that period. Again, I know this isn't true street. Hell, to satisfy all you guys who like to repeat yourselves, I'll add it to my sig for future reference.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

So um, where do you draw the line?
    Get rid of the line.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Get rid of the line.

I think that getting the DD contenders out more will show them driving the cars and not being trailor queens, as someome stated earlier. if you go and read the first page of the DD list where vinny is quoted vinny talks about driving to the track. my suggestion is to have the DD list meet a couple times throughout the year and have a cruise to show that they are still street worthy as well as track ready!!! then at the end of the year have a final cruise to show that the cars on the list are not broke!!! that would end the year end bitchfest!!!!
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Best Idea Yet !!! IMO
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

i have been reading through this and all i can say is wow! i tried my best to do two thing this past year, compete in the DD and run UMTR but i blew it up lol. now she is running again and i am ready for next year.

i have watched a couple of the shoot outs and man there are some awsome cars out there, but to see them show up on trailers is kind of a downer.

if the DD is the fastest street cars!!

then wouldnt Broke mean oh shit i cant drive it home!

becouse if im not mistaken you are supposed to drive it to the track, so just make easy you have to be able to drive the car home.

seems so simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by adragon72 View Post
    i have been reading through this and all i can say is wow! i tried my best to do two thing this past year, compete in the DD and run UMTR but i blew it up lol. now she is running again and i am ready for next year.

i have watched a couple of the shoot outs and man there are some awsome cars out there, but to see them show up on trailers is kind of a downer.

if the DD is the fastest street cars!!

then wouldnt Broke mean oh shit i cant drive it home!

becouse if im not mistaken you are supposed to drive it to the track, so just make easy you have to be able to drive the car home.

seems so simple to me.
    Not true exactly. My car is out almost every weekend and I drive it around making passes in it all the time but come race day I load it up and go racing. Saves on Race gas money for one. You can't just get it at any station. I like having the peice of mind that if something was to happen I can just load it up and head home. I race almost everytime the track is open I know what it is like to be stuck at the track begging for someone to come and get you

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Not true exactly. My car is out almost every weekend and I drive it around making passes in it all the time but come race day I load it up and go racing. Saves on Race gas money for one. You can't just get it at any station. I like having the peice of mind that if something was to happen I can just load it up and head home. I race almost everytime the track is open I know what it is like to be stuck at the track begging for someone to come and get you
    i feel ya on not having a trailor i had to beg for a ride when mine blew up.

ofcourse at the time i read the rules and that is why mine was not there, also there is alot of thing i could do to my car for race day that i couldnt do for the street.

i was just under the asumption that you had to run it at the track in street trim. but assuming makes me an ass i guess lol.

any way was just a suggestion.

i hope we get this all figured out cause im ready to race lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Me too! Thanks for the tow! (You too Rich!)

I agree with Metcalf on this one. I have a trailor and will always take my car to the track on it. That doesnt mean it doesnt get street driven. I would feel like a real tool if I had a trailor and had to ask someone else for a tow. We could always have a little street cruise from the track to a destination and back to the track when we have the shootouts.

that would be cool MFIELD
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

I know this is gonna piss people off but i hate to tell ya that its not legal to use a full drag slick on the street thus taking 90 percent of the people off the list. If the dd is not for street vehicles on street type tires then its not even a fastest street car list. As far as broke list.... if your car wont go down the track and run within a tenth or so depending on weather its broke. If you need to trailer your shit to the track its broke. Its supposed to be for street cars right? Then drive it on the street. There are alot of us guys who wouldnt mind a n/a list but then we would be second fiddle. I dont wanna be on the list with a bunch of 11.50 cars Kevin

I didnt think of the tires Kevin, I run ET streets

Well My car has slicks and it gets driven on them all the time. I don't even have street tires.

i agree with the trailer deal,it would suck to be stranded at the track,plus i bought it to use,pretty sure even vinny had a trailer lol!
    i guess im alot easier on the broke stuff cause i do all my own stuff,i can fix the trans. almost as quick as a headgasket.rebuild a rearend even quicker.
    i ran at all three tracks this year in the 10's with no rollbar and never got asked to leave.
    streetcars dont have rollbars ,but racecars do.should they be disallowed?

Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    i agree with the trailer deal,it would suck to be stranded at the track,plus i bought it to use,pretty sure even vinny had a trailer lol!
    i guess im alot easier on the broke stuff cause i do all my own stuff,i can fix the trans. almost as quick as a headgasket.rebuild a rearend even quicker.
    i ran at all three tracks this year in the 10's with no rollbar and never got asked to leave.
    streetcars dont have rollbars ,but racecars do.should they be disallowed?
    Me and this guy here is on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    I agree with Metcalf on this one. I have a trailor and will always take my car to the track on it. That doesnt mean it doesnt get street driven. I would feel like a real tool if I had a trailor and had to ask someone else for a tow. We could always have a little street cruise from the track to a destination and back to the track when we have the shootouts.
    This is a cool idea for the shootouts. I know that this isn't true street, but i'm sure that most, if not all of the DD cars could do it

Thread Information