Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

Well I know of one getting a 500+ big block but I had not heard about a 600+. There is no replacement for displacement.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Well I know of one getting a 500+ big block but I had not heard about a 600+. There is no replacement for displacement.
    Crackas are crazy for a Sticker!!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    PM me what you said.

Suggestions should not be deleted.
    LOL....I just seen your name is black again

Although I heard there is a 600+ ci getting dropped into the fram rails of a DD Stang.
    That wouldn't be a calypso colored car would it?
    ">

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    That wouldn't be a calypso colored car would it?
    No....But since you know something, spill it!!

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    Sure there is, its called boost

Then how about a class for True Street Radial tires? DOTs? Slicks only? Manually Shifted Cars? Automatic cars?
    Vinny wanted to see the areas 12 Fastest Street Mustang/Capri. Period.

Vinny called Cincinnati home. Holly calls Cincinnati home. (New Richmond actually) so TS and E2O are local to Cincinnati.
    I would say 9 out of 10 of SBZ from the Dayton area run at TS also.
    I dont have a problem with KK and I think a DD shoot-out at KK would be cool. But if you want to be on the Dozen, ONE shoot out is NOT gonna cut it.
    PINKS car was also tested at TS.

Very good suggestions, keep em coming.

But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.
    Well let's see we have the Dirty Dozen
    the Other Dozen
    The Wicked Women

So I dont see where it would be out of line to have a N/A Dozen.
    Just a way to get more people involved. And why not have the DD run on a DOT tire? This is the fastest street cars

So whats next then? You have to live in the greater Cincinnati area to be on the dozen?

I didn't say a "shootout" at KilKare I think times posted at KK should count twords the DD and you would still have to show up at the shootout.
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

Why do you think I got out of the Dozen!! I swear, babies are less expensive!!

Although I heard there is a 600+ ci getting dropped into the fram rails of a DD Stang.
    Its a 552 with 2 kits. NOT 600
    XTREME 8.5
    HOUSE OF HORSEPOWER
    S & M MOTORSPORTS
    BARKER MACHINE & FAB
    MAC TOOLS Sam Tino

Quote Originally Posted by 91lxnos View Post
    So I dont see where it would be out of line to have a N/A Dozen.
    Just a way to get more people involved. And why not have the DD run on a DOT tire? This is the fastest street cars

So whats next then? You have to live in the greater Cincinnati area to be on the dozen?
    Seems like a few people are suggesting minimal rules and guidelines, but you would like more??
    Splitting the Dozen into different categories NA or PA would, I think, be degrading to some. Oh some arent fast enough to be on the Dozen, but they are running NA so SBZ made a special designation just for them....Its kinda like when Little League teams dont win, they still give them some kinda of trophy to make them feel OK....Well this isnt the Little League. Guys bust their ass to be on the DIRTY DOZEN and splitting it into two categories would take away from it. When someone sees a DD sticker on a car, it doesnt say, NA or PA. It says that person is one of the 12 fastest cars in the Tri-State area, PERIOD.

DOT tire as in A true Radial? ET STREET? ET STREET DRAG RADIAL? For the past 4 years there has never been a restriction on tire and there shouldnt be now.

As far as KK, as long as a fellow SBZ active member is witness to the run, I wouldnt see a problem with it. I was just saying that if there is going to be a Running of the Dozen, then KK would be a cool addition for other people to witness the Dirty Dozen. So maybe have one at E2O, TS and KK??

Quote Originally Posted by mfoss View Post
    Its a 552 with 2 kits. NOT 600
    Well gee...Im sorry, I shouldve said 552!!

An NA dozen kinda sounds like the special Olympics! If you are so proud of being NA build a bad ass NA car that will run with the PA cars. 12 fastest street cars period, no one gives 2 shits about how much juice or boost just ET!

NA cars special Olympics. Ha I know alot of NA cars that could put a stomping on half that list!

I think leave the rules simple the way they were designed. I think everyone should just be honest with what they are doing. If you dont have license and Insurance you shouldnt be on the list. If your car is broke you shouldn't be on the list. If you dont follow the simple rules you are not only fooling yourself you are screwing your friends. I quit posting up my numbers because of all the B.S. that comes with the Dozen.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Timido View Post
    NA cars special Olympics. Ha I know alot of NA cars that could put a stomping on half that list!

I think leave the rules simple the way they were designed. I think everyone should just be honest with what they are doing. If you dont have license and Insurance you shouldnt be on the list. If your car is broke you shouldn't be on the list. If you dont follow the simple rules you are not only fooling yourself you are screwing your friends. I quit posting up my numbers because of all the B.S. that comes with the Dozen.
    That would be a Perfect world, not SBZ.

If we had a n/a dozen i would be higher than 3rd on it but it would not make me any cooler . Its about being fast not how you get there . Start having classes just makes slower cars make it on the list and down grades it . As far as the whole broke thing .I think this is realy the first time in 4 years it has been a problem and it is not a problem till the end of the year . One of the resons some people dont even post a number till the end of the year . If you make 2 back to back shootouts at the end of the year ( i would like to see one with a run off . one cool ass race . ) And have a mod there .And when it goes in the trailer and a mod says it not broke than its not . Dont make the shoot out dont make the final list . I think there should be a shootout once a month . Only times for the shoot dates count . Gets everyone toghter a few times a year and everyone can find a way to make one off them threw the year and you can use that as a qualifing lader for one big shoot out at the end of the year . Then ladder them bitches up for another prize .that way you have to be at the shootout to make the list . You dont show not on the list . If you want on the list you will take a vaction day . .
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Remember, the title of this thread is, "suggestions", nothing set in stone

My .02

A few years ago people threw a fit to have the "Other Dozen", I put my 17 sec truck on there as a joke, and it made it. That list was a big buzz for about a week, now no one cares. Adding another dozen is pointless, as said before, if you can't run with the big dogs stay on the porch. I'm not trying to be rude by that statement, But, the dozen is about people stepping up to meet the challenge, not accommodating lesser achievements.

Kilkare should always remain on the list, it just makes sense. Quite a few 513 guys make it to KK throughout the year. SBZ may be a Cincy based site, but there are alot of Dayton guys here too. And since Vinny's name was dragged into this argument, he invited us to this site as well.

I don't like rule changes, I don't see the need. I think there will be bickering in this thread every year regardless of the rules. And if rules start getting changed, people will bicker more, because they will think it will further their argument. If the rules never change, people will eventually catch on, and bitch less. I don't like that I don't have a 12" pecker, but I deal with it.

I do like the idea of posting shootouts early, it would make it easier for me. I have to work 3 Sat.'s a month usually, so that would help. But that's not a rule, just courtesy.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

Quote Originally Posted by Timido View Post
    Congrats, Me too! So why make a seperate list for them? If they can run with the big boys let them run. It's all about being one of the twelve fastest street cars PERIOD.

I agree with the setting dates early for the shootouts. it's easier to make plans that way.
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Seems like a few people are suggesting minimal rules and guidelines, but you would like more??
    Splitting the Dozen into different categories NA or PA would, I think, be degrading to some. Oh some arent fast enough to be on the Dozen, but they are running NA so SBZ made a special designation just for them....Its kinda like when Little League teams dont win, they still give them some kinda of trophy to make them feel OK....Well this isnt the Little League. Guys bust their ass to be on the DIRTY DOZEN and splitting it into two categories would take away from it. When someone sees a DD sticker on a car, it doesnt say, NA or PA. It says that person is one of the 12 fastest cars in the Tri-State area, PERIOD.

DOT tire as in A true Radial? ET STREET? ET STREET DRAG RADIAL? For the past 4 years there has never been a restriction on tire and there shouldnt be now.

As far as KK, as long as a fellow SBZ active member is witness to the run, I wouldnt see a problem with it. I was just saying that if there is going to be a Running of the Dozen, then KK would be a cool addition for other people to witness the Dirty Dozen. So maybe have one at E2O, TS and KK??
    well one ot of three aint bad.
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

i thought the rules were fine,just need to define brakeage is all that seems to be a prob.
    a get together at all three tracks is a good idea ,i think advance notice is definately needed for more to have the opportunity to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    i thought the rules were fine,just need to define brakeage is all that seems to be a prob.
    a get together at all three tracks is a good idea ,i think advance notice is definately needed for more to have the opportunity to participate.

exacly what he said.
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

Thread Information