Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

I threw this idea out a few years ago...

To be on the DD list, you must make your pass at an officially sanctioned Stangbangerz DD event. There could be 3 or 4 "events". Have 1 early in the season, 1 in July, 1 in October, and an early November. You could also have these at the different tracks...E20, TS, and KK.

Keep it simple...
    1. You must make your pass at one of these "events"
    2. You must have a current registration/insurance card
    3. slicks/trailers are ok
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

Quote Originally Posted by slow94gt View Post
    Congrats, Me too! So why make a seperate list for them? If they can run with the big boys let them run. It's all about being one of the twelve fastest street cars PERIOD.
    I never said anything about a seperate list for them.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

I'm with Rich on this one. If everyone made their passes at a sanctioned (sbz) event, then anyone in the running would have to be there. There would be plenty of witnesses to determine what is or isn't broken and you'll take the honesty out of the equation.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

It would make for a HELLOFA show also!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

But if someone drops a valve and fixes it but says they only puked a HG... This is where the problem lays. Dis-honest people dis-respecting members.[/QUOTE]

If caught, banned from future list? Hopefully that is all anyone on here would need to keep honest.
    When the turbo's spinnin', you ain't winnin'!

Quote Originally Posted by bkstang95 View Post
    If caught, banned from future list? Hopefully that is all anyone on here would need to keep honest.
    Banned from a list? More like BANNED from SBZ. I hate a dishonest LR Mofo!!

Bare with me for a second.

According to dictionary.com, the meaning of broken is.

bro⋅ken
       /ˈbroʊkən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [broh-kuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb
    1. pp. of break.
    –adjective
    2. reduced to fragments; fragmented.
    3. ruptured; torn; fractured.
    4. not functioning properly; out of working order.

5. Meteorology. (of sky cover) being more than half, but not totally, covered by clouds. Compare scattered (def. 4).
    6. changing direction abruptly: The fox ran in a broken line.
    7. fragmentary or incomplete: a broken ton of coal weighing 1,500 pounds.
    8. infringed or violated: A broken promise is a betrayal of trust.
    9. interrupted, disrupted, or disconnected: After the phone call he returned to his broken sleep.
    10. weakened in strength, spirit, etc.: His broken health was due to alcoholism.
    11. tamed, trained, or reduced to submission: The horse was broken to the saddle.
    12. imperfectly spoken, as language: She still speaks broken English.
    13. spoken in a halting or fragmentary manner, as under emotional strain: He uttered a few broken words of sorrow.
    14. disunited or divided: Divorce results in broken families.
    15. not smooth; rough or irregular: We left the plains and rode through broken country.
    16. ruined; bankrupt: the broken fortunes of his family.
    17. Papermaking, Printing. a quantity of paper of less than 500 or 1000 sheets.

To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Bare with me for a second.

According to dictionary.com, the meaning of broken is.

bro⋅ken
       /ˈbroʊkən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [broh-kuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb
    1. pp. of break.
    –adjective
    2. reduced to fragments; fragmented.
    3. ruptured; torn; fractured.
    4. not functioning properly; out of working order.

5. Meteorology. (of sky cover) being more than half, but not totally, covered by clouds. Compare scattered (def. 4).
    6. changing direction abruptly: The fox ran in a broken line.
    7. fragmentary or incomplete: a broken ton of coal weighing 1,500 pounds.
    8. infringed or violated: A broken promise is a betrayal of trust.
    9. interrupted, disrupted, or disconnected: After the phone call he returned to his broken sleep.
    10. weakened in strength, spirit, etc.: His broken health was due to alcoholism.
    11. tamed, trained, or reduced to submission: The horse was broken to the saddle.
    12. imperfectly spoken, as language: She still speaks broken English.
    13. spoken in a halting or fragmentary manner, as under emotional strain: He uttered a few broken words of sorrow.
    14. disunited or divided: Divorce results in broken families.
    15. not smooth; rough or irregular: We left the plains and rode through broken country.
    16. ruined; bankrupt: the broken fortunes of his family.
    17. Papermaking, Printing. a quantity of paper of less than 500 or 1000 sheets.

To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.
    Change plugs? As in if you melt one? Seems more like maintenance to me.

Whoa...So if someone removes a plug after a run to "read it" its broke??

Im liking the Shoot-out deal. But, who would "save" their car just for those events and who would hammer down week-end after week-end??

Think true street. Who goes to a race to tune their car? You've got every opportunity to test and tune the car, but at these particular events you come ready to put down the # with your car dialed in.
    Last edited by Rick93coupe; 11-26-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    Change plugs? As in if you melt one? Seems more like maintenance to me.
    That's exactly the point Chad, if you melt a plug, I would have to say its probably broken or " not functioning properly ".
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

That's exactly the point Chad, if you melt a plug, I would have to say its probably broken or " not functioning properly ".
    Not true at all. In Rengegade, their ideal pass melts the ground strap off the plugs. And they replace/check plugs after every pass. Also the guys that run heavy spray should check their plugs every pass, to keep from catastrophic failure( cough, Doug ).

Let's face it, a 8 or 9 sec car takes alot more maint. Sometimes minor disassembly is required to keep up maint./safety.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

Think true street. Who goes to a race to tune their car? You've got every opportunity to test and tune the car, but at these particular events you come ready to put down the # with your car dialed in.
    Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.
    But then again, more rules. Curious to see how the Past Dozen Members feel about this.

I like following the list throughout the year and seeing who is stepping up and who broke.

No new rules, FTW
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    Not true at all. In Rengegade, their ideal pass melts the ground strap off the plugs. And they replace/check plugs after every pass. Also the guys that run heavy spray should check their plugs every pass, to keep from catastrophic failure( cough, Doug ).

Let's face it, a 8 or 9 sec car takes alot more maint. Sometimes minor disassembly is required to keep up maint./safety.
    I see your point, but we're not talking Renegade, have to follow a strict guideline and push your car to the very edge type of deal here.
    I do agree there's more maint the faster you get, but we're also talking about making a couple of passes at a get together and trying to get your best run.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.
    But then again, more rules. Curious to see how the Past Dozen Members feel about this.

I like following the list throughout the year and seeing who is stepping up and who broke.
    Again, these are only my thoughts and for that matter I don't really have a dog in the fight. I'm just trying to help come up with a more foolproof way to cut down on the bitchfest that happens every yr.

Again, I'm thinking true street type rules. You needed to pop your hood to fix something and your done. Seems pretty cut and dry to me. Every yr guys conformed to that idea and put down better #'s than the last, so you know it works.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

The deal with the Dozen has always been your best pass of the year. Many times guys run there best pass when the conditions are good, when you have a set day to perform, you never know what weather or track condition you will have.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

It does create an even playing field though.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    The deal with the Dozen has always been your best pass of the year. Many times guys run there best pass when the conditions are good, when you have a set day to perform, you never know what weather or track condition you will have.
    Can you imagine the Bitchfest when someone doesnt hook at the track on a certain day? They ran 8.50, but a week later they could only muster a 9.70 on the same track. Oh I can hear my ears ringin already.

How about we have a list that starts when the local tracks open. We update it weekly and have everyone on it. On a set date, to be determined months ahead of time, we take the top 20 and have a run off. At the end of the day, the top 12 that are still running/driving are GURANTEED a spot in the Final running of the Dozen. Then we do another Running of the Dozen and start again. Top 12 move on to the Final Running. and one more time. Near the end of the year, all 36 Dozen would meet at E2O for an all out Dozen Slug-fest...Oh yeah. Each top 12 that "qualify" for the Final Run, they will be exempt and placed on the FINAL RUN to the DOZEN list. That way new and guys on the bubble will have a chance to step up!
    We could start at TS, then KK, then to E2O and the last one will be run at E20 in the fall. Probably like November.

When the dust settles, we will have our Dirty Dozen.

Or we could leave things alone and make the moderators job much easier.

Either way, there will be only ONE list.

Dude, That sounds complicated
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Thread Information