Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    Dude, That sounds complicated
    Drink a couple more beers and it will work out!! LOL!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

[QUOTE=Maximus;426794]Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.
    But then again, more rules. Curious to see how the Past Dozen Members feel about this.
    QUOTE]

I don't like it. I have to use it to tune the power for the track. That is why I paid $$$$ for the system. I like to use it to monitor the car and make sure everything is in line. That just seems silly.
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

[QUOTE=Silver Bullet;426817]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Hmmm...so you are saying that at the DD shoot-out, NO underhood, No laptop, No tweaking of ANY kind between rounds? Thats Hard Core.
    But then again, more rules. Curious to see how the Past Dozen Members feel about this.
    QUOTE]

I don't like it. I have to use it to tune the power for the track. That is why I paid $$$$ for the system. I like to use it to monitor the car and make sure everything is in line. That just seems silly.
    I don't know where that came from, I said don't pop the hood. If your broken, no tuning on the laptop will fix it.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

I think maybe someone(s) should be designated as final say as to weather your broke or not. Plus it should be someone that is not well known to the so called "Crowd". JMO
    2006 GT "The Red Baron"

River Valley Mechanical Services
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...00966923341883
    Autism Awareness:
    Show support and "LIKE" the page!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racers...m/321047866784

To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.[/QUOTE]

If your shit is fast you need to work on it . I change plugs every 2 passes . This is the dozen not true street . True street is a race and the dozen is all year . I guess you cant change the oil all year or its broke or put air in your tires or its broke . The rules are fine the way they are just try to get everyone to more shootouts . If its not broke dont fix it . No matter what rules you come up with fast guys will still be fast !!!! you can add all kind of rules trying to get slower guys on the list but all that does is muddy it up With all the drama it aready starting not to be worth it .
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Next year is going to be a fast list for sure you will have 5 or 6 cars over 1000 hp and this is what makes this list so cool .Every year people change there combo to get faster and to have a new challange .Hell even the top spot on the list has already sold his blower to put a big turbo on it and thats what is all about . Just what vinny wanted FAST ASS STREET CARS !!!!!! not a bunch of rules . Keep it simple stupid is a great saying . With all the cars coming out next year is going to be fun
    1. silver bullit new big turbo low 8
    2. 93 coupe big turbo low 8
    3. mfoss 600" with 2 kits low 8
    4. mustangoutlaw coming back 8somthing
    5. jim svt 8 something
    6. me putting on my 2nd stage mid 8
    7. ibstrokin car out and running 8 something
    8. kennybell ?????????? you know he is going to step up
    with all these cars being able to go this fast its going to be a blast to see if they car get it done . And thats what this list is all about lets not mess it up with a bunch of drama . PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    Next year is going to be a fast list for sure you will have 5 or 6 cars over 1000 hp and this is what makes this list so cool .Every year people change there combo to get faster and to have a new challange .Hell even the top spot on the list has already sold his blower to put a big turbo on it and thats what is all about . Just what vinny wanted FAST ASS STREET CARS !!!!!! not a bunch of rules . Keep it simple stupid is a great saying . With all the cars coming out next year is going to be fun
    5. jim svt 8 something
    with all these cars being able to go this fast its going to be a blast to see if they car get it done . And thats what this list is all about lets not mess it up with a bunch of drama . PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason that is one of the best/POSITIVE post I have seen in a long time! Agree totally.....

On another note, who posted this:To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.[/quote]
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

At least there are some SUGGESTIONS coming from other people now. There is nothing set in stone so I hope nobody gets upset.

There should be a few DD shootouts during the year thou. It would be cool to see EVERYONE come out to see some Fast Mustangs & a Capri. It would also allow fellow members to show off their Stang as well.

Keep it civil and keep the suggestions coming.

5. jim svt 8 something
    It's only 552" DAMIT! Wish everyone would get it right!
    HOHTTFMF!

2013 8.5 CHAMPION!

And mines just a little turbo
    HOHTTFMF!

2013 8.5 CHAMPION!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Bare with me for a second.

According to dictionary.com, the meaning of broken is.

bro⋅ken
       /ˈbroʊkən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [broh-kuhn] Show IPA Pronunciation
    –verb
    1. pp. of break.
    –adjective
    2. reduced to fragments; fragmented.
    3. ruptured; torn; fractured.
    4. not functioning properly; out of working order.

5. Meteorology. (of sky cover) being more than half, but not totally, covered by clouds. Compare scattered (def. 4).
    6. changing direction abruptly: The fox ran in a broken line.
    7. fragmentary or incomplete: a broken ton of coal weighing 1,500 pounds.
    8. infringed or violated: A broken promise is a betrayal of trust.
    9. interrupted, disrupted, or disconnected: After the phone call he returned to his broken sleep.
    10. weakened in strength, spirit, etc.: His broken health was due to alcoholism.
    11. tamed, trained, or reduced to submission: The horse was broken to the saddle.
    12. imperfectly spoken, as language: She still speaks broken English.
    13. spoken in a halting or fragmentary manner, as under emotional strain: He uttered a few broken words of sorrow.
    14. disunited or divided: Divorce results in broken families.
    15. not smooth; rough or irregular: We left the plains and rode through broken country.
    16. ruined; bankrupt: the broken fortunes of his family.
    17. Papermaking, Printing. a quantity of paper of less than 500 or 1000 sheets.

To me, if you need to change plugs, replace head gaskets or do anything that requires wrenches to get your car down the track again, its fucking broken. If you go at it with a philosophy like that, you get rid of most of the grey areas.
    Let's see Hmmmmmmm............make a run and don't check my plugs to risk being knocked off the list and risk not getting my $2.00 sticker.......or Make a run and check my plugs and loose my spot on the list and my $2.00 sticker but save my $10,000.00 invested motor well, you do the math. I've been there and done that, I DO check my plugs now running a carb combo and spray makes it mandatory to check plugs. But I guess I could not check them have them melt down, and start a nasty chain of events and next thing you know I'm across the track and in the side of andther SBZ car. But Hell I GOT MY STICKER!!!!!!!!!
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

5. jim svt 8 something
    Quoted for truth. The original dozen list had full out race cars on it if I recall. I understand wanting to keep it "street" cars and keeping it to participating members (even though I probably don't fit the written rule of it) but a lot of these "rules" are what's causing the problems. You're still talking about what "broke" is, it's subjective. Just like the question, what is a "street" car? It's all in how each individual looks at it. K.I.S.S.

Keep the list going all through the year for members at local tracks, sprinkle a few DD shootouts in throughout the season, and have FUN. If you're slow don't try to bring the fast guys back down to you, fast guys will always be fast. Also, there's track fast and "street" fast so what does it matter. Someone is always faster/quicker somewhere, get over it.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Do you think the DD could self-police itself?

Say #3 pops a head gasket/has a seal go out in the trans/has a fitting break off/breaks an axle/etc/etc BUT they have it fixed that day(after the track closes) or the next day. (there were no issues with the engine) Are they off the list? I think it should be up to the other 11 to vote (publicly) on it.

IMO, I say he would be broke and have to re-run to get a new ET

Comments? Ideas?

Say #3 pops a head gasket/has a seal go out in the trans/has a fitting break off/breaks an axle/etc/etc BUT they have it fixed that day(after the track closes) or the next day. (there were no issues with the engine) Are they off the list? I think it should be up to the other 11 to vote (publicly) on it.

Comments? Ideas?
    Not one of the other 11, but I'd say they shouldn't be taken off the list permanently if all they did was repair what was broke. If the combo changes because of breakage, (like having to change to a DIFFERENT trans or change to a new set of heads) then they'd have to get back on by running it again. Something like an axle being replaced doesn't really change the combo. JMO.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    Not true at all. In Rengegade, their ideal pass melts the ground strap off the plugs. And they replace/check plugs after every pass. Also the guys that run heavy spray should check their plugs every pass, to keep from catastrophic failure( cough, Doug ).

Let's face it, a 8 or 9 sec car takes alot more maint. Sometimes minor disassembly is required to keep up maint./safety.
    Why ya gotta bring up the past......In the imortal words of Greg Barnett "I don't think you have enough octane in your gas, if it starts to feel funny get out of it" BG (06) So what do i do It feels funny in the burnout so I go balls out all the way 1320' Well needless to say I learned my lesson all the time building a new motorThat was some fun times back then!
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

Comments? Ideas?
    You already know the answer to that question, you guys just went though probably 10 pages over whether or not a bent header tube was considered broken. Then there's Robs car, was his seeping headgasket broken?

You guys are getting your panties wadded up all ready and this is the SUGGESTION thread.

To everyone pissy about the subject of spark plugs, if you feel like your motor is about to let go, you lift. Does somebody really need to explain this to you?
    Nobody said you can't check your plugs to make sure everything was ok. The statement was at this "event", or pre determined time frame for the "event", if you pop the hood your done. When you leave the rules open to interpretation, your begging for drama.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    You already know the answer to that question, you guys just went though probably 10 pages over whether or not a bent header tube was considered broken. Then there's Robs car, was his seeping headgasket broken?

You guys are getting your panties wadded up all ready and this is the SUGGESTION thread.

To everyone pissy about the subject of spark plugs, if you feel like your motor is about to let go, you lift. Does somebody really need to explain this to you?
    Nobody said you can't check your plugs to make sure everything was ok. The statement was at this "event", or pre determined time frame for the "event", if you pop the hood your done. When you leave the rules open to interpretation, your begging for drama.
    Well,next year,Im not running a hood.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Quote Originally Posted by facemelter71 View Post
    Well,next year,Im not running a hood.
    You should be a lawyer!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

you mustang guy's are killin me. im an outsider looking in, not cus my junk is slow (it would be in the top half of the field), but its not a ford!! lets talk rules.. how many cars drove to the track atleast once this year? who has tags and insurance? rules are only as good as the people inforcing them..
    the whole "broke" issue is a joke too.
    do any sanctioning bodies in any motorsport remove your accomplisments if you break?
    do you only hold a class record if you dont break all season ?
    what if your car gets stolen ?
    or totaled "on the street".. does that make what you accomplished with it void?
    what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOUSLY

continue.
    D
    Last edited by mcat; 11-26-2008 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcat View Post
    you mustang guy's are killin me. im an outsider looking in, not cus my junk is slow (it would be in the top half of the field), but its not a ford!! lets talk rules.. how many cars drove to the track atleast once this year? who has tags and insurance? rules are only as good as the people inforcing them..
    the whole "broke" issue is a joke too.
    do any sanctioning bodies in any motorsport remove your accomplisments if you break?
    do you only hold a class record if you dont break all season ?
    what if your car gets stolen ?
    or totaled "on the street".. does that make what you accomplished with it void?
    what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOSLY

continue.
    D
    Welcome new guy.

So do you have anything constructive to add?

Thread Information