Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Dirty Dozen...SUGGESTIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by mcat View Post
    you mustang guy's are killin me. im an outsider looking in, not cus my junk is slow (it would be in the top half of the field), but its not a ford!! lets talk rules.. how many cars drove to the track atleast once this year? who has tags and insurance? rules are only as good as the people inforcing them..
    the whole "broke" issue is a joke too.
    do any sanctioning bodies in any motorsport remove your accomplisments if you break?
    do you only hold a class record if you dont break all season ?
    what if your car gets stolen ?
    or totaled "on the street".. does that make what you accomplished with it void?
    what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOSLY

continue.
    D
    See the issue is,I can throw a stroked windsor in my car and throw enough spray at it to put me in the low whatever the hell number I want.As long as I post a number Im good.But Im sure One or more of my rods will make a window in the block and there for Im broke.But since I posted that one number,Im at the top of the list with a busted ass car.That would not be cool for every one else.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    You already know the answer to that question, you guys just went though probably 10 pages over whether or not a bent header tube was considered broken. Then there's Robs car, was his seeping headgasket broken?

You guys are getting your panties wadded up all ready and this is the SUGGESTION thread.

To everyone pissy about the subject of spark plugs, if you feel like your motor is about to let go, you lift. Does somebody really need to explain this to you?
    Nobody said you can't check your plugs to make sure everything was ok. The statement was at this "event", or pre determined time frame for the "event", if you pop the hood your done. When you leave the rules open to interpretation, your begging for drama.
    As far as knowing when to lift....Building a 10 sec car and a 9sec car in the past three years has taught me when to lift. (just making referance to some past good times) I wasn't clear on when you were and were not aloud to check plugs. At a shoot out, OK. But if we do the no hood lift rule then why not three back to back passes w/o cool down time and then avg. the three runs like they do in True Street. OR just leave the rules alone and just determine what declares BROKE.
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

the whole "broke" issue is a joke too.
    do any sanctioning bodies in any motorsport remove your accomplisments if you break?
    do you only hold a class record if you dont break all season ?
    what if your car gets stolen ?
    or totaled "on the street".. does that make what you accomplished with it void?
    what if driver X runs 8.20 on his roof,his car is totaled, and he broke both legs? does that make it less of a feat? i sure would hate to lose out on a sticker cuz times are tough and i cant afford to fix a broken rearend,...SERIOSLY

continue.
    D
    BINGO! We have a winner. Seems most are more interested in trying to take something away from someone than just saying good job and giving them their earned spot on the DD. A bent header tube, a blown head gasket, broken diff., whatever, shouldn't cause you to lose your place on the dozen. You lose your spot by someone going quicker than you. Broke should mean catastrophic failure if anything, still don't like it.
    Last edited by Kwik92GT; 11-26-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    BINGO! We have a winner. Seems most are more interested in trying to take something away from someone than just saying good job and giving them their earned spot on the DD. A bent header tube, a blown head gasket, broken diff., whatever, shouldn't cause you to lose your place on the dozen. You lose your spot by someone going quicker than you.
    Agree
    Doug

Midnight (mid-nite') Mafia (ma'-fi-a) def: A group of friends of all ages with extremely fast street cars found lerking on a saturday nite. If you come across a member, walk away slowly and hide all your cash becuse they are known to be very dangerous and to relieve you of all your cash in a blink of an eye....

86 four eye 358ci windsor Holley EFI system, C-4 with a vortex V-1 T-trim at ???????? lbs of Boost

farorite quote "Good Lord!!!!" Chad393

BINGO! We have a winner. Seems most are more interested in trying to take something away from someone than just saying good job and giving them their earned spot on the DD. A bent header tube, a blown head gasket, broken diff., whatever, shouldn't cause you to lose your place on the dozen. You lose your spot by someone going quicker than you. Broke should mean catastrophic failure if anything, still don't like it.
    If it works like that im building a stroker with enough spray for 9 cars.I just hope it will last 1320 feet.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    Big thanks to:
    Cincy Speed.
    Killer Koatings.

Quote Originally Posted by facemelter71 View Post
    If it works like that im building a stroker with enough spray for 9 cars.I just hope it will last 1320 feet.
    if you got the BALLS to do it , then you deserve it. those must be some great stickers

I have given this some serious thought and here are my proposals:

1) Any day or location is eligible (yes even KK) - you can make your best time at Gainesville if you want, but you still have to drive the car to a SBZ event.
    2) To be counted you must drive the car the last 5 miles to the track and back (if you trailer, you drop the car 5 miles away and drive in, and drive out go 5 miles and load back up. This would take care of determining who has a street car and who is broken.
    (Car could be driven on street tires and street set-up and changed to race mode at the track - I'm sure another SBZer would be more than glad to help you fetch the trailer).
    3) You still need another SBZer to witness your run(s) and your drive in and out.
    4) You lie - Goodbye - permanent exclusion from the list and future lists.
    5) You need to attend and DRIVE the car to any one or more ORGANIZED SBZ events.(Cruise-in, Dyno-Day, Track day, etc.)
    6) You make ANY mechanical repairs, alterations or improvements that would change the potential ET (make it quicker), you are off the list until you run again.

Other thoughts:
    a) Perhaps a time cannot be listed unless you run the same number (or within 10%) twice on two SEPARATE occasions (two runs the same day would not count).

Makes you work for it, makes it fair, and should knock out some of the potential questioning. What do you think?
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

if you got the BALLS to do it , then you deserve it. those must be some great stickers
    Yup that's all everyone is doing this for is a sticker
    One cam..

Im just makin a statement.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    Big thanks to:
    Cincy Speed.
    Killer Koatings.

If some LR throws a SHIT load of Boost or NOS at a Stock motor and runs just ONE TIME and their ET gets them on the list...THATS OK with you? How is that justified to all the other Dozen members?

I can see a conversation at a local cruise in....
    "I see you have a DD sticker on your car. Pretty cool"
    Thanks
    "So I hear all you have to do is run ONE TIME and put up a low ET and your on"
    Yeah, The DD kinda lost its luster when they allowed One Hit wonders.
    "Hell any LR can throw a shit load of NOS on a motor and survive one round."

Sorry guy, I will fight to keep one hit wonders off the list.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

lets say a "guy" makes a 7.50 pass first day of the year first pass on a new car, then never makes another pass all season , but drives it to the track every week and drives it to everysingle function! then shows up at your cruise in and has the same conversation. but ends the conversation with" i did what i HAD to do "
    silly cenerio's can be thrown up all day...it doesnt change the fact that , fast guy's will stay fast guy's, and will make tons of passes to try to be the faster guy. and sometimes shit breaks..the top 6 dd guys hasnt changed much in the past 3 years..

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Welcome new guy.

So do you have anything constructive to add?

NHRA, IHRA, NMRA, Etc.... All have paid and volunteer tech people, And yet every year you read multiple stories of " So and so got caught running nitrous", Or " Jim Bob had bigger valves and ported heads".. And think how mny didn't get caught ?? So how are a bunch of guys who are out for a sticker going to be able to tech themselves and determine who is broke, Who is cheating, Who did or didn't make it to an event ???
    I think ONE person should be in charge and WHAT THEY SAY GOES!!!!!
    This person would determine who is broke and who isn't... You want to be on the dozen ?? These are the rules.. Don't like it ?? Don't be on the list.. Person in charge determines your broke... Your BROKE!!! You start whining and bitching about being determined broke, Or your thoughts on who is broke... Your off the list.!!!
    Plain and Simple....
    Just my $.02..
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

heres my .02 this is not a national event, it should be simple like it has been(or supposed to be)! if you have to cheat your friends and fellow racers to get a damn sticker then you are BROKE(in the head) and shouldn't be on the boards or at any events anyway!!! yes a lot of people want a DD stricker, I know I do, not because I'm better than anyone, but because of what it stands for to me. it's a honor to be part of what vinny started so all that said! if there is to be rule changes then how about this

I think that the top 15 or 20 from this year get together and go over the rules and let them hash out the 09 DD setup!
    there has been alot of people comning up with different formats which is nice to think about but, with the site as big as it is now there is no way to please everyone so leave it to the the DD list and contenders for list at the end of each season to decide how the next year will be handled!!!!
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Horse View Post
    I have given this some serious thought and here are my proposals:

1) Any day or location is eligible (yes even KK) - you can make your best time at Gainesville if you want, but you still have to drive the car to a SBZ event.
    2) To be counted you must drive the car the last 5 miles to the track and back (if you trailer, you drop the car 5 miles away and drive in, and drive out go 5 miles and load back up. This would take care of determining who has a street car and who is broken.
    (Car could be driven on street tires and street set-up and changed to race mode at the track - I'm sure another SBZer would be more than glad to help you fetch the trailer).
    3) You still need another SBZer to witness your run(s) and your drive in and out.
    4) You lie - Goodbye - permanent exclusion from the list and future lists.
    5) You need to attend and DRIVE the car to any one or more ORGANIZED SBZ events.(Cruise-in, Dyno-Day, Track day, etc.)
    6) You make ANY mechanical repairs, alterations or improvements that would change the potential ET (make it quicker), you are off the list until you run again.

Other thoughts:
    a) Perhaps a time cannot be listed unless you run the same number (or within 10%) twice on two SEPARATE occasions (two runs the same day would not count).

Makes you work for it, makes it fair, and should knock out some of the potential questioning. What do you think?
    Yeah but you told me to give you my info and you would post it up...But then I got told to get lost.....I'm sure If I can trust you anymore........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    Next year is going to be a fast list for sure you will have 5 or 6 cars over 1000 hp and this is what makes this list so cool .Every year people change there combo to get faster and to have a new challange .Hell even the top spot on the list has already sold his blower to put a big turbo on it and thats what is all about . Just what vinny wanted FAST ASS STREET CARS !!!!!! not a bunch of rules . Keep it simple stupid is a great saying . With all the cars coming out next year is going to be fun
    1. silver bullit new big turbo low 8
    2. 93 coupe big turbo low 8
    3. mfoss 600" with 2 kits low 8
    4. mustangoutlaw coming back 8somthing
    5. jim svt 8 something
    6. me putting on my 2nd stage mid 8
    7. ibstrokin car out and running 8 something
    8. kennybell ?????????? you know he is going to step up
    with all these cars being able to go this fast its going to be a blast to see if they car get it done . And thats what this list is all about lets not mess it up with a bunch of drama . PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chad393na puts an auto back in it (eventually), sprays the balls off it, goes 9.??, then drives it 50 miles home on the slicks he drove to the track on

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    Chad393na puts an auto back in it (eventually), sprays the balls off it, goes 9.??, then drives it 50 miles home on the slicks he drove to the track on
    HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    You already know the answer to that question, you guys just went though probably 10 pages over whether or not a bent header tube was considered broken. Then there's Robs car, was his seeping headgasket broken?

You guys are getting your panties wadded up all ready and this is the SUGGESTION thread.

To everyone pissy about the subject of spark plugs, if you feel like your motor is about to let go, you lift. Does somebody really need to explain this to you?
    Nobody said you can't check your plugs to make sure everything was ok. The statement was at this "event", or pre determined time frame for the "event", if you pop the hood your done. When you leave the rules open to interpretation, your begging for drama.
    Rick all I can say to that is when mine let go this year there was absolutely no warning at all. No noise, no detination, nothing. And it was going to be the best pass of the year based on the et and mph when it crossed the finish line.

I like the rules the way they are, the only thing I dont like is someone running there car all year and having a catostophic failure near the end of the year and not having time or money left to fix it. I of course am a little biased as this happened to me. If I would have just let my car sit the whole rest of the year I would be 9th on the list now. Lets please keep this simple and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    [LIST=1][*]silver bullit new big turbo low 8[*]93 coupe big turbo low 8[*]mfoss 600" with 2 kits low 8[*]mustangoutlaw coming back 8somthing[*]jim svt 8 something[*]me putting on my 2nd stage mid 8[*]ibstrokin car out and running 8 something[*]kennybell ?????????? you know he is going to step up
    PICK YOUR BROTHER UP DONT PUSH HIM DOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Umm dont forget, Rob@RRC new motor W/ big turbo low 8's

Quote Originally Posted by Rob@RRC View Post
    Umm dont forget, Rob@RRC new motor W/ big turbo low 8's
    lol didnt you say small turbo
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

Thread Information