man some of these rules are soundin crazy,
    no poppin the hood
    no ckin the plugs
    no changin tires
    hot lappin
    cant trailer it
    crazy crazy
    nhra cert.
    go run in the nmra they thrive on limits and restrictions or anyother sanctioning body ,this is SBZ!!!
    the rules vinny stated should be kept in place.period.
    breakage should be defined by a group of guys,so no one person is looked upon as the bad guy.
    for example
    if you break your trans repair it,still on,change to a glide -stick-c4 off.
    break an axle or rearend just repair it ,still on.
    blow a head gasket,repair it still on , burned the head, you broke it, off.
    burnt a plug and your back in business,still on.
    changing jets or get it retuned still on.
    changing tires for any reason still on.
    fuel pump went out fix it still on.
    things like headers-exhaust, t/body,fuel pump size,mass air meter etc. are not a big deal.
    obviously you have a rod knockin your broke,changing cams or heads or intakes would be a combo change and your off till next time at the track.
    repairs would have to be in a timely manner.
    easy right?
    plugs ,gaskets ,jetting/tuning are all part of going faster.
    i drove my car on the streets a bunch even used the a/c and with the same slicks or streetslicks.
    it should be as it has been since the beginning run whatcha brung
    Last edited by bbfstanger; 11-27-2008 at 03:35 PM. Reason: gears allowed

Im off to Thanksgiving Dinner as well. So if this thread gets out of hand, Ill deal with it when I get back.

If you are a Newbie, I ask that you tell the rest of SBZ who you are before you start posting suggestions. Its a jesture of good intentions and respectful to the long time members here. If you dont like that idea, I ask that you hit delete and move on.

Thanks,
    Craig
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    no poppin the hood
    no ckin the plugs
    no changin tires
    hot lappin
    cant trailer it
    crazy crazy
    nhra cert.
    go run in the nmra they thrive on limits and restrictions or anyother sanctioning body ,this is SBZ!!!
    breakage should be defined by a group of guys,so no one person is looked upon as the bad guy.
    for example
    break an axle or rearend just repair it ,still on, change gear off .
    things like headers-exhaust, t/body,fuel pump size,mass air meter etc. are not a big deal.
    obviously you have a rod knockin your broke,changing cams or heads or intakes would be a combo change and your off till next time at the track.
    easy right?
    i drove my car on the streets a bunch even used the a/c and with the same slicks or streetslicks.
    THANK YOU!! THIS is what Im looking for!!!

hell, my best pass this year was driving it to the track letting air out of the tires running it then driving it home !!! but it has a cage does that make it a race car, it also has harnesses in it, does that make it a race car? or does the fact that I drive it on the street make it a street car? or does it mean I have a fast street car that is safe on the street or at the track but is capable of race car numbers? there is two much stuff being said in this suggestion thread that is not suggestion but comments or what seams to be attacks on the DD list, and what should or should not be a street car!!!!!! this whole thread was to give suggestions not to give your opinion on this past years DD list!!! So how about we get back to suggestions and keep the belley acking till the end of next yeras list lol!!!!
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    no poppin the hood
    no ckin the plugs
    no changin tires
    hot lappin
    cant trailer it
    crazy crazy
    nhra cert.
    for example
    break an axle or rearend just repair it ,still on.
    easy right?
    best yet!!!!! leave the rules alone if vinny wanted more rules or different one he would have done it!!!!!!!!! if you dont understand the rule or like them dont try to be on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

To me a street car is something you will get in and drive around weather it is street legal or not.Most of our cars are uncapped on slicks but thats how we drive them around.

At some tracks they are lax on their liscense requirments. Hell, if TT (Twisted Twins) suspension was right, it would be easily in the 9s. My NHRA liscense is expired. I even told dude that, but the track let me run anyway. So whats your point?
    Everyone copmpeting in the Dozen has to have another rule now?? Its not our responsibilty to check for liscenes.

Thanks[/QUOTE]
    actually craig your arrguments are actually helping mine and fasthawks points..if this is for street cars like the examples you have given. then ALL the cars on the list should be street cars. and what about my point of nhra/ihra legal ? if a track wont let a guy run anymore ,is this concidered broke?
    i.e. you cant run again unless you change something...
    if you cant run due to license issue , is this concidered broke?
    i.e. if a "one hit wonder" meets ALL criteria for the list ,but on his only pass he goes 9.00 w/out a license and is told he cant run again. does it count?
    i would really like to know..
    we cant put up ligitemate suggestions for next year if we dont have ALL the answers
    D
    Last edited by mcat; 11-27-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Thats not true. you can show up and tell them you don't know what your car will run and at least make one pass

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Thats not true. you can show up and tell them you don't know what your car will run and at least make one pass
    i bow to your mastery of non-sequitur arguement!

mcat, I have a question for you. Do you and fasthawk own, or race Mustangs?

If no, then "see ya"!

If yes, then lets see what you bring to the table.

Craig has asked, "who are you"? If you don't want to say it on the board, he said you could PM him.

If spelling and grammar were criteria, for the dozen, YOU sir, wouldn't stand a chance!

~ JEFF ~

'04 Mach1

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    Rick all I can say to that is when mine let go this year there was absolutely no warning at all. No noise, no detination, nothing. And it was going to be the best pass of the year based on the et and mph when it crossed the finish line.

I like the rules the way they are, the only thing I dont like is someone running there car all year and having a catostophic failure near the end of the year and not having time or money left to fix it. I of course am a little biased as this happened to me. If I would have just let my car sit the whole rest of the year I would be 9th on the list now. Lets please keep this simple and fun.
    I hear ya Mike. Do you think it was the plugs that caused all that carnage? You were pushing a stock block pretty far.

Honestly I don't even know why this thread exists. Looks to me that anyone who has an opinion gets flamed for voicing it.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by mustang8998 View Post

If spelling and grammar were criteria, for the dozen, YOU sir, wouldn't stand a chance!
    wow, that sounds to me like a personal attack. are we at the point of personal attacks?
    have we lowered ourselves to personal attacks?
    at no time in this thread have i attacked anyone!
    i have not once made fun of your cookie cutter slow ass car! i dont even think i refurred to you at all... but you come at me with the grammer spelling crap!
    its a shame ! a damn shame

i am not trying to start a argument , all i intended to do was ask a ?. seems to me some are getting mad & that pretty much answers my ?. i do not have a mostang and yes one of the the 2 cars is fast enough to make the list the other is not due to it is a na car that does get drove a lot . the story about driving with slicks & open headers i have not seen out on the street or events i have been to besides at tristate in the pits.i have debated this for a long time with people. every has their on deff of a street car / race car that can be driven on the street just asked which one the dd is.yes turbos have made it easy to be fast and driveable.just wonder what the real rules are because some people do not have the buget to build a race car or would rather drive them thats why there needs to be more than one class real street cars & so called street cars most people no the difference they just wont admit to it.

So a Mustang that has a valid tag, is insured, drives to cruise ins, work, on the street, etc etc, BUT cant race on a certain track because its too fast..that shouldnt be on the DD list? THATS FUNNY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    So a Mustang that has a valid tag, is insured, drives to cruise ins, work, on the street, etc etc, BUT cant race on a certain track because its too fast..that shouldnt be on the DD list? THATS FUNNY!!
    i think i lost you Craig im saying it does belong on the list. im saying if it put up the number anytime between the open and closed date of the DD it should be on the list no matter how many times it does it. i was just throwing up cenerio's of why numerous hit may not be made... and im sorry for the mis-spelling and shotty grammer!
    but at least my car is fast!!1

that sounds like a street car to me but i doubt that car makes the list but it is possible. the rules what you let in or out is up to you that is what we are trying to figure out, like i said turbos make it easier to do but not every one has the $$$$$$$ to do power adders. thats why i said there sould be to classes.

Quote Originally Posted by mcat View Post
    i think i lost you Craig im saying it does belong on the list. im saying if it put up the number anytime between the open and closed date of the DD it should be on the list no matter how many times it does it. i was just throwing up cenerio's of why numerous hit may not be made... and im sorry for the mis-spelling and shotty grammer!
    but at least my car is fast!!1
    The last statement was funny. ( but at least my car is fast!!1)
    XTREME 8.5
    HOUSE OF HORSEPOWER
    S & M MOTORSPORTS
    BARKER MACHINE & FAB
    MAC TOOLS Sam Tino

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    that sounds like a street car to me but i doubt that car makes the list but it is possible. the rules what you let in or out is up to you that is what we are trying to figure out, like i said turbos make it easier to do but not every one has the $$$$$$$ to do power adders. thats why i said there sould be to classes.
    Not everyone has the money, but you do. So come off some of it. I still have a little n2o kit for ya. Come get it.
    XTREME 8.5
    HOUSE OF HORSEPOWER
    S & M MOTORSPORTS
    BARKER MACHINE & FAB
    MAC TOOLS Sam Tino

Not everyone has the money for a car, should we start a public transportation class. Or we could start a self powered class, but then we would have to divide it into categories: bicycle, skateboard, rollerblade, kick'n go, pogo stick, unicycle, green machine. Even then, the one legged guys would claim they were at a disadvantage and would want subcategories.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

Quote Originally Posted by mcat View Post
    wow, that sounds to me like a personal attack. are we at the point of personal attacks?
    have we lowered ourselves to personal attacks?
    at no time in this thread have i attacked anyone!
    i have not once made fun of your cookie cutter slow ass car! i dont even think i refurred to you at all... but you come at me with the grammer spelling crap!
    its a shame ! a damn shame
    Ahh, did I hurt your feelings Bunky?

Where was there a personal attack? Did I call you a name? Come on, cheer up man, your a big boy, aren't you?

I'm just wondering where you are coming from. You seem to want some input here, but you don't have a dog in the fight either!

And you don't have a clue, as to what I have now.

~ JEFF ~

'04 Mach1

Thread Information