View Poll Results: Should the Dirty Dozen Forum be private?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • The DD Forum should be visible & accessible for the dirty dozen members only

8 9.30%
  • The DD Forum should be visible for all, but only dirty dozen members can post

26 30.23%
  • The DD Forum should be open to all SBZ members

48 55.81%
  • The DD Forum is not a good idea

4 4.65%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the SBZ Dirty Dozen Thread!

Welcome to the SBZ Dirty Dozen Thread!

Craig suggested making a separate forum for the Dirty Dozen. I talked to John, so we are going to "try" this.

We were thinking that we would still have the public DD list and who is doing what, but the current 12 members could chat in their own area without "outsiders" bitching or moaning about anything and everything. They could also post up what they are doing (as in maintenance) and if they are potentially broken or not.

Should this forum be moved to the racing area instead of the lounge?

We are debating a few issues and want some input. Please let me know your thoughts/ideas. Thank you!

i like the idea
    #9 on the DD 2008
    my 10.86@ tri-state http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggtILfvmZF4

VINNY..... YOU MAY BE GONE BUT YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a good place for the fast wheels up folks to congregate!
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

i like the idea i think it should be for active members of the dirty dozen and past members of the dirty dozen . give everyone somthing to shoot for if you make the final list you get a free pass to the fourm . cant forget the ones that came before ya !!!
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

I don't think poeple will vote to" not" be able to see a thread. I do like the idea though.
    94 Cobra, 9.54@141.17 1.32 60' -1.29 best...kennebell 2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGXfeucShE (sold)
    90lx(Flamer)stock 302 iron gt-40's tf stage 1 cam Dynoed 328h 342t 11.57@115.06 (sold)

89 coupe 302 iron gt-40's, 373-363 NO NOS! 10.88@123.3 (Retired)

"New combo"... NA 363, tf 190 11r's, 5spd 9.93@137.88, 3275 lbs (ac/ps)

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    i like the idea i think it should be for active members of the dirty dozen and past members of the dirty dozen . give everyone somthing to shoot for if you make the final list you get a free pass to the fourm . cant forget the ones that came before ya !!!
    That's a good question.

I'm going to wait for Craig to get on here and see if I put all this out there correctly. He may need to clear a few things up.

Quote Originally Posted by kennebellcobra View Post
    I don't think poeple will vote to" not" be able to see a thread. I do like the idea though.

I think people that are striving for and/or are on the dirty dozen list would LOVE this idea.

QUOTE=Holly;428787]

I think people that are striving for and/or are on the dirty dozen list would LOVE this idea.[/QUOTE]

I love the idea too...I'm just saying the people who are not in the running for the DD will vote for all sbz to see it and there are a lot more people that won't be able to see it than will be able to.
    94 Cobra, 9.54@141.17 1.32 60' -1.29 best...kennebell 2.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAGXfeucShE (sold)
    90lx(Flamer)stock 302 iron gt-40's tf stage 1 cam Dynoed 328h 342t 11.57@115.06 (sold)

What if you were on the list at some point through the year? Or would it be just the final 12?
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

I like the idea of a forum for the dozen, although I'm not for making some forums private. There's a possibility I'm going to be a dozen contender this yr, and I'd like to be privy to the discussions.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    There's a possibility I'm going to be a dozen contender this yr, and I'd like to be privy to the discussions.
    That just made me spit pop out of my nose!!!

JFWY Rick !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What if you were on the list at some point through the year? Or would it be just the final 12?
    Kinda what I'm wondering. The list will change throughout the year. If your on early in the year are you good for the whole year or will there be like check points to change out members? I like the idea, just not sure how its going to work.

I like this idea also, but of course I would, I wasn't on the list this yr. I would like to talk with other DD members without listening to opinions of new members (w/o mustangs). It does seem a tad elitist, but I can see the functionality of it.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

I do like Jason's idea of past members too!

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    I like this idea also, but of course I would, I wasn't on the list this yr. I would like to talk with other DD members without listening to opinions of new members (w/o mustangs).
    If anyone thinks the whining and crying is bad now for a "sticker"...wait till there is a special password involved. It will be cut throat!!!
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

How about you make it to were we can read the post but those not on the dd cant post, I will never have a car fast enough for the dd, money just isnt there, but I love to read the stories on here about dd and like to read whats going on.
    89 GT AUTO < WTF WAS I THINKING?

[QUOTE=1992MustangDW;428817]How about you make it to were we can read the post but those not on the dd cant post,

JOSH
    J&J RACING
    JJRACING2008.COM
    5.67@125
    Limited 8.5
    BBF&NOS

I also like the idea of being able to read but not post. I don't have a mustang/capri but I do enjoy reading the post's.
    SLP STB; LT; catted Y; custom built exhaust, RPM trans w/ 3600 Vig, Richmond 3.73, Spohn Front & Rear Swaybars, Torque Arm and SFC, BMR PHB, Lakewood LCA. TSP LS6 Stg 2.5 Heads and TRQRV2 Cam, Best pass 11.85 @ 116.

sounds like a good idea after some details get worked out.

I was thinking the current members only. BUT adding the Past members would/could add to the conversation. Would be beneficial in determining who is broke, what is broke...A self-policing if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by kennebellcobra View Post
    I love the idea too...I'm just saying the people who are not in the running for the DD will vote for all sbz to see it and there are a lot more people that won't be able to see it than will be able to.
    I screwed up. I was wanting the DD area to be for the Dozen members only. The first post was to be for the current Dozen Members only. THEY were going to vote on whether the area is public or private.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    I like the idea of a forum for the dozen, although I'm not for making some forums private. There's a possibility I'm going to be a dozen contender this yr, and I'd like to be privy to the discussions.
    Many forums have "private" areas.

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    I like this idea also, but of course I would, I wasn't on the list this yr. I would like to talk with other DD members without listening to opinions of new members (w/o mustangs). It does seem a tad elitist, but I can see the functionality of it.
    It is elitists. Why do you think there is so much bickering. People bust their ass to be on the Dirty Dozen.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

I like using it as a private forum and sharing info.. Also for discussing what is broke and not, as a tool. It makes since. No offense to anyone, but I hate when a "15" second guy wants to tell a 8-10 second guy what he considers maintanence and such.
    2008 2019 2020 2021 2022 #1 Of The Dirty Dozen
    2018 #2 Of The Dirty Dozen

2024…. Changes coming! How much HP? ALL OF IT!

Thread Information