View Poll Results: Should the Dirty Dozen Forum be private?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • The DD Forum should be visible & accessible for the dirty dozen members only

8 9.30%
  • The DD Forum should be visible for all, but only dirty dozen members can post

26 30.23%
  • The DD Forum should be open to all SBZ members

48 55.81%
  • The DD Forum is not a good idea

4 4.65%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the SBZ Dirty Dozen Thread!

I wanted to put my .02 cents in if i may?

I would not be oppesed to a semi private forum. Like where The DD is the main members, but them other members are allowed to ask to join in and be able to post. That way say someone starts posting crap that gets on people nerve they can be outed.

I just got my 1st running mustang and i know it will be a year or two till i can be a contender on the DD. I do like reading and asking the occasional question to guys that have working combos. It will help me not waste money where i dont need it.

Basically the 12 on the list can vote and veto a guy that is a pita out. What do you all think of that? Thanks again for listening.

John

wow just wow! What is next voting on membership?

I sorta like seeing what makes a 8 to 10 sec monster "Tick".
    2006 GT "The Red Baron"

River Valley Mechanical Services
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Preci...00966923341883
    Autism Awareness:
    Show support and "LIKE" the page!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Racers...m/321047866784

I can dig the section visible to all, but only DD members can post. In that manner if a topic warrants enough interest, a non-DD member(s) can start a thread/post outside of the DD section.
    Big Speed is a quaint 20th-century idea . . . . like pay phones or print magazines.
    -Brock Yates

Quote Originally Posted by 2Kblacksleeper View Post
    I wanted to put my .02 cents in if i may?

I would not be oppesed to a semi private forum. Like where The DD is the main members, but them other members are allowed to ask to join in and be able to post. That way say someone starts posting crap that gets on people nerve they can be outed.

I just got my 1st running mustang and i know it will be a year or two till i can be a contender on the DD. I do like reading and asking the occasional question to guys that have working combos. It will help me not waste money where i dont need it.

Basically the 12 on the list can vote and veto a guy that is a pita out. What do you all think of that? Thanks again for listening.

John
    Once a person is outed, then they will just start another thread bitching, crying, etc etc. With the DD private, it would only be the members, bitching, crying, etc etc Seriously, Most of the DD members understand what it is to be on the List and I think, respect what Vinny started.
    There will be the "public" are to keep up on the Dozen and see who is doing what.
    The private area would/was going to be an area for a Current member to post up, "Hey, I have a intake gasket that is leaking, if I take my intake off to fix it am I off the list?" The other 11 would chime in and give their thoughts, withOUT a 100 other people (who arent on the list or even OWN a Mustang) giving their opinion. Im trying to keep the Drama to a minimum.

CONGRATS on your First Mustang JOHN!!! You should start a thread in the "Projects in Progress" area to show off your work.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    The private area would/was going to be an area for a Current member to post up, "Hey, I have a intake gasket that is leaking, if I take my intake off to fix it am I off the list?" The other 11 would chime in and give their thoughts, withOUT a 100 other people (who arent on the list or even OWN a Mustang) giving their opinion. Im trying to keep the Drama to a minimum.
    I like it.

I know some people AREN'T going to like the idea, but you can't please everybody. If you really want to read what is in there, get your car running faster. I completely understand the members of the DD wanting to "talk" without having to listen to a bunch of crying/whining from other members.

I could have just made the forum, gave access to only the dirty dozen members, but I wanted some input from other members.

Ok......So even though Ive been on the list off an on, every year, and I currently have the 7th fastest car on the site, and the fastest street car(gets raced on the street). I won't be allowed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Ok......So even though Ive been on the list off an on, every year, and I currently have the 7th fastest car on the site, and the fastest street car(gets raced on the street). I won't be allowed in?
    Are you currently on the Dozen?

When next years Dozen starts, the current Dozen members will be in the area. When you run YOUR Stang and make the number, you are in.

Pretty simple.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

I see it's another way to screw me over. Yes I should be a current member. BTW I did run MY stang.. It went a 9.94 thanks

So, at any given time...only 12 members will have access to the DD forum?
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

Why not allow top contenders for a DD spot

Seriously, Most of the DD members understand what it is to be on the List and I think, respect what Vinny started.
    There will be the "public" are to keep up on the Dozen and see who is doing what.
    The private area would/was going to be an area for a Current member to post up, "Hey, I have a intake gasket that is leaking, if I take my intake off to fix it am I off the list?" The other 11 would chime in and give their thoughts, withOUT a 100 other people (who arent on the list or even OWN a Mustang) giving their opinion. Im trying to keep the Drama to a minimum.:tard

thats sounds like a great idea to me

What about potential next year DD listers.IM shooting for a spot next year with this new stroker.Does that make me eligible this year (only a month left) or do I have to make a good 10 (shit maybe 9) sec pass next year?
    Last edited by facemelter71; 12-04-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

Quote Originally Posted by facemelter71 View Post
    What about potential next year DD listers.IM shooting for a spot next year with this new stroker.Does that make me eligible this year (only a month left) or do I have to make a good 10 (shit maybe 9) sec pass next year?
    My car runs 9's maxy just told me no two posts ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    My car runs 9's maxy just told me no two posts ago.
    He answered my question with that.I wil have to make a run next year to be in the private forum.Kinda sucks.But I need to get my car done.
    I cant believe Im going to spend that much money to be allowed access to a private forum.
    O well I wanted a spot on the dozen anyway.
    D.S.S. Pro Bullet 331.
    #13 Spring Street car shootout.
    Big thanks to:
    S&M Motorsports tuning and Fab.
    Cincy Speed.
    Hyper-Performance Motorsports.
    Killer Koatings.
    My other place.thestaginglane

yeah it's bs forsure

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So, at any given time...only 12 members will have access to the DD forum?
    Alright, lets fast forward to next year. There are 12 members of the DD. Lets say. I put on a NOS kit and go out and run a time that puts me in the middle of the Dozen? Since technically I would be knocking the 12th place person off of the list...does that person lose their DD forum privilege?
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

nope................Doesn't seem fair does it?

Let me get this straight. The forum would be for the final dd from each year, decided when the final dozen are named in Nov/Dec, any past dozen finalist is also allowed in to give opinions and input/help to the newer members, and the forum is private like the wicked women? Then if that is correct, I vote for it. That is, if my vote means anything. I don't believe that anyone who is competing for the final list throughout the year should be in the forum. They will have the normal dd post in the general section. This is just icing on the sticker if you will.

I think if you lock down a thread for the DD only it wouldn't get used very much

lol, i like the 3rd choice, let em see but not post, just give more fuel to here metcalf bitchin lol,

only,

another place lol
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Thread Information