Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Charminator

The Charminator

Well I was going to go with a wild NA setup. A great deal came along and so I am joining the FI class instead.

I am getting a Gen I Whipple. It is a satin finish (it looks purtee). Its the HO kit, intercooled etc. Was a complete kit minus the GT500 system. I will be running a BAP and 10 lbs.

The plan is to run close as possible to 11.5x without going faster. I am not ready for a cage for Shirley yet. I will have Ken whip up a great tune for it and hit the rollers.

Also adding a lineloc kit. Adding some skinnies and fatties for the track 165s up front and 28 by 11.50 by 50 MT ET Streets(Thanks Craig). Going to try the Roush vent gauge pod for the boost gauge.

I usually don't post up much on my car but I am pretty stoked. Even though my car will become a whining cry baby.

Oh will be getting the kit mid Feb and, installing soon after I get it. Will post up pics then.

Thanks
    Dale
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

sounds bad ass Dale!! Can't wait to see, and hear it

Ha Ha...whining cry baby!! Sounds cool.
    Keith
    If you agree, pass it on.
    If you can read this - Thank a teacher!
    If you are reading it in English -Thank a soldier!!
    Keith Decker. Carpet cleaning MoFo!!
    I got a coupe!!! Picture me doing the Happy Dance!!!

My coupe PICS!!!!

Well I have my 39 lb injectors coming,BAP. Got a boost gauge and ordred this vent gauge pod http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro..._Shipping.html. I have seen one on other car and was very clean. Going try and get the stock pulleys powdercoated since I have to take off the purdy UDPs. My ET Streets are due in anyday(thanks Maximus). If my stock clutch screams foul I will get the Roush P51 clutch plate and let her rip.

Keep the tune happy, I'd hate for you to break one of those powered metal rods. Sounds like a killer project man.
    Eric

Don't race it if you're afraid to break it.

We will tune it safe around 450 rwhp. I would like to keep the block in one piece till the car is paid off. Then all bets are off.

alright dale! pumpin up the power!
    post some pics when you get the blower on.

That cars going to move out! 11's are fun!
    Joe

Going to be COOL Dale!!!
    2003 Cobra Md tuned (SOLD)
    2004 Cobra Md tuned (Faster than the 2003) #10 on the Dirty Dozen (2007)
    10.77 @ 132.7 Mph

gonna be fun to drive!

Sounds great!

OK folks here are some results from 15" wheel experience so far on the s197.

I bought the Jegs pro stars 15 by 4 with 1.75" bs and 15 by 8 5'5" bs. It has been said that 3/8" spacer would fit over the GT brakes. I didn't measure it out but seemed unlilkely. I took off my brackets and rotors.

I went to where my buddy Gary was working. I upgraded his rotors and brackets to GT. And I stole his! j/k he agreed to the swap (he has a v6). He was excited as he just put his GT swaybars on last night and loved them! I have not spoke him tonight to see how the brakes felt. There is a significant difference on teh brackets and obviously the rotors are 1" smaller on the 4.0.

Got back to my brothers garage where Shirley was in a perpetual wheelie. Placed the smaller brackets and rotors on.

Now I did not buy spacers when I got the wheels I was determined to make them work without a spacer. I tried the rim on the front and rubbed. I pulled out the grinder and got to work.......

I worked the calipers as much as I thought was safe. The results......

Well I could not get the fronts to work without a spacer. I measured out some washers to 1/4". No rubbing and no issues. If one were to get more aggressive with the grinder, it may work. With a 1/4" spacer the rim did not appear to tuck outside the fender.

I get the tires mounted tomorrow morning. Fronts get 165/80/15 radials and the rear get MT ET Streets 28 by 11.50 by 15 in the rear.

The finish on the wheels is OK. Its not on par with Bogarts etc, but for 1/4th the price that is to be expected. Not to say they look bad, I am pleased with the purchase. I am just trying to give an unbiased opinion for anyone interested in this option.

I am itching to run these at the track. I will not be able to give any info on them vs. my previous setup. My car will be completely different NA vs FI, 26" vs 28" rear tire,DR vs Bias ply.

So hope this helps anyone investigating a 15" drag wheel combo. I will post pics as soon as I can.
    Dale

Why not 10" on the rear, I'm sure there is plenty of room under there.
    ">

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy View Post
    Why not 10" on the rear, I'm sure there is plenty of room under there.
    The only rims that wide with a correct bs (7.5") are Bogarts etc.. I can't afford to shell out that much $$ on 2 rims. I would have rather had a 10" wide rim but I'm on a pretty tight budget.

Also tires are mounted and look sweet. Its to cold for me to switch out rims and take pics. Will get to them when it is a little warmer.

Pics of the wheels and tires mounted.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks GREAT!! Now get it back in the garage!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Looks GREAT!! Now get it back in the garage!!
    We've got a new lab puppy. So until I get the fence put up, she gets teh garage. Help me get that stinking fence up!

Just put her (puppy) in the camper
    2006 GT. Ford Racing Suspension, LCA's, Panhard Bar, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, Pypes LT's w/ O/R H-pipe, CAI, Zex Nitrous, Custom Stage 2 Cams.

2006 GT. Ford Racing Suspension, LCA's, Panhard Bar, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, Pypes LT's w/ O/R H-pipe, CAI, Zex Nitrous, Custom Stage 2 Cams.

Thread Information