Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction Control , ABS help

Traction Control , ABS help

I have a 00 GT. The ABS light is on and I can't get the traction Control off?? I just bought the car a week ago and really want to get this fixed. I believe it may be nothing more then a sensor but can not find out for sure. Everything runs and drives fine but the lights are on...I was driving it the other day hit the traction control to turn it off and it went off along with the abs light, however as soon as I turned the car off and back on my buddy the 2 lights were back!! I was reading that I need to pull the codes for the ABS but after talking with the guys from Autozone and Advance they can not pull codes from ABS...That sorta leaves me stuck....any help would be great. I am planning on lowering here in a couple weeks and would like to get this repair done before moving on...Thanks for any help or suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by ashnic View Post
    I have a 00 GT. The ABS light is on and I can't get the traction Control off?? I just bought the car a week ago and really want to get this fixed. I believe it may be nothing more then a sensor but can not find out for sure. Everything runs and drives fine but the lights are on...I was driving it the other day hit the traction control to turn it off and it went off along with the abs light, however as soon as I turned the car off and back on my buddy the 2 lights were back!! I was reading that I need to pull the codes for the ABS but after talking with the guys from Autozone and Advance they can not pull codes from ABS...That sorta leaves me stuck....any help would be great. I am planning on lowering here in a couple weeks and would like to get this repair done before moving on...Thanks for any help or suggestions...
    Where you located?Can help ya out Monday on my lunch hour.Free..
    Love Fords but also partial to Chebbies

I am up near Dayton...but would gladly try to come down if that would be cool...

I am up near Dayton...but would gladly try to come down if that would be cool...
    Yeah not a problem.Let me know.

Keep in mind that unless you have a tune to disable the traction control, that you will have to turn off the traction control with the button each time you start the car.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

my 04 does same thing, no abs light though, but if you turn TC off, as far as i know, after shutting your car off and turning it back on, TC will will engage again, you have to turn it off everytime you start the car
    hondas are like tampon's, every pu$*y needs one

the sanitary engineere

95 5.0 blown-. vibrant red GTS, soon to be boosted, anyone wanna help?
    04 40th ann. vert gt- stock- tuned

Well I have bought the traction control black box...but hitting the TC control button right now does nothing..

hitting the button a light should turn on, means traction control is dis engaged, if the light comes on an your cars traction control is still on, then a new module should be between 100 or 200 bucks from ford, you could find a nice used one for 75 buck or so, or junk yard for 20 or 30
    Last edited by stang5slow; 05-06-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

the sanitary engineere

when you turn your car on i dont remember if the light is on or off for the TC button as i have not drove my 04 for about 2 months, so i dont rememebr, but either way around, it sounds like a traction control module

the sanitary engineere

The off part of the button is alway's lit up...hit the button and nothing happens...I will say I have hit it twice and it went off and the abs kicked off as well...so you think it could be the traction control module?

It could be a simple wheel speed sensor, traction control and abs use the same sensors

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    It could be a simple wheel speed sensor, traction control and abs use the same sensors
    yep,1 wheel speed sensor code can disable the traction control.

Ok, where can I get the codes read? I took it to advance and the zone...can't read abs codes...

Going to have to be a dealer or someone with the right scan tool

Haven't had any trouble with my TC but twice in the past 2 weeks my ABS light stayed on. Went out the next time I started the car but it had me worried a bit.
    GONE: 2003 Mustang GT

Current ride:
    2004 Mercury Mountaineer
    AWD
    4.6 V8

The traction Control light has me concerned...If "OFF" is lit up does that mean traction control is activated or deactivated? I know the times "OFF" light has went out the ABS light has went out as well..

When off is lit then the TC is disabled. If it is off then TC is on. It sounds like you might have an ABS wheel sensor on the fritz.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    Going to have to be a dealer or someone with the right scan tool
    I offered for free,but hes a good distance away I suppose..

Yea thanks a bunch 8banger but trying to get down thru the week is really difficult as I work mon-fri...if there is anyway you could look at it on the weekend I would be there...The "OFF" is usually alway's lit up so I guess Traction control is off and staying off? Because I can hit the button and nothing happens...but like I said the couple of times the OFF has went out the ABS light went out as well...

Yea thanks a bunch 8banger but trying to get down thru the week is really difficult as I work mon-fri...if there is anyway you could look at it on the weekend I would be there...The "OFF" is usually alway's lit up so I guess Traction control is off and staying off? Because I can hit the button and nothing happens...but like I said the couple of times the OFF has went out the ABS light went out as well...

Yep same here M-F, 8-5 so I understand..I'll give it a shot!....maybe next weekend?Let me know.

Thread Information