Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Kwik92GT's How NOT to build a Project Car Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Thats Pretty FREAKIN COOL!!
    Thanks Craig, would have liked to had a better piece for the hat but had to use what I had after messing up the first attempt.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Turned out nice! What pumps did you do with?
    Thanks Brian, I'm using a Walbro 450 as my main pump and then I have the Walbro 525 kicking in when I get into boost, running them through the Dominator.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Should be plenty of fuel! Very nice set up for sure.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thanks Brian, I have more work in it than I probably should at this point and if I had it to do all over again it'd be a bit different but it is what it is at this point and should do fine for what I'm doing.

Monthly update: Still making slow progress whenever I get a chance, fuel system is ran and tested for leaks, got the flex fuel sensor in and wired, I've started the wiring process for the whole car as I had ripped out the original harness long ago (I've since put a modified factory harness back in ), all the lights, power windows, etc. are working again so now I'm wiring the ECU, fuel pumps, fans, and so on, I still have a ways to go before starting but we are getting there, there's a lot of "little" stuff that's more time consuming than anything else so I've made a list and just try to knock out one thing on the list each time I get to hit the garage. Nothing picture-worthy for this update but maybe I'll have something on the next one.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Progress is progress! Even if its little at a time.

I haven't had any luck finding a latch for you. Im still looking though. One of these days I need to go through all my parts and organize everything. I know I have found some things that I have bought over the years that I already had.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Slow and steady will finish the race.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Good to see you are still at this. Keep at it, you'll eventually get it done.

About to call Chip Foose or one of those types and see if they can lend a hand finishing this thing up! They get 7 days and you'll be racing!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    About to call Chip Foose or one of those types and see if they can lend a hand finishing this thing up! They get 7 days and you'll be racing!
    I'd be down with that!

Still working on it when I can, it's often only an hour here and there but it's something.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

That's better than what I get done!

Usually I walk out to the garage, contemplate what I am going to do, think about it for an hour as I toss it all around, then shut up shop cause I just wasted the only hour I had. Then bitch cause I didn't get anything done!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Not really an update but thought it was pretty cool anyways so decided to throw it in here, I was going through some boxes last night that I had pretty much forgotten I even had and came across this gem, it's actually still in really good shape.

Pic from that event, the car was a ton of fun to drive at this point, spent many many crazy nights in Middletucky, Columbus, and Dayton areas racing the skreets and just doing typical low rent hoodrat type shit. Had my very basic 357 with out of the box Vic Jr. heads, Trick Flow intake, and a custom hydro roller cam spec'd by Keith Craft (who built the engine), also had an NX Shark single nozzle wet kit on it. It was running 11.60s NA here (hot as fook that day lol), I had dialed it in to the 11.80s range and spent the day pacing guys to the stripe, redlit the final ,but, had a killer time, Craig put on an awesome event! The car typically ran high 11.40s to low .50s NA at this point and ran anywhere from 10.70s to 9.80s depending on how much I was spraying I never even so much as nipped a plug with it in this config, the car was just dead nuts reliable and I drove it any and everywhere.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Kwik92GT View Post
    Not really an update but thought it was pretty cool anyways so decided to throw it in here, I was going through some boxes last night that I had pretty much forgotten I even had and came across this gem, it's actually still in really good shape.

Pic from that event, the car was a ton of fun to drive at this point, spent many many crazy nights in Middletucky, Columbus, and Dayton areas racing the skreets and just doing typical low rent hoodrat type shit. Had my very basic 357 with out of the box Vic Jr. heads, Trick Flow intake, and a custom hydro roller cam spec'd by Keith Craft (who built the engine), also had an NX Shark single nozzle wet kit on it. It was running 11.60s NA here (hot as fook that day lol), I had dialed it in to the 11.80s range and spent the day pacing guys to the stripe, redlit the final ,but, had a killer time, Craig put on an awesome event! The car typically ran high 11.40s to low .50s NA at this point and ran anywhere from 10.70s to 9.80s depending on how much I was spraying I never even so much as nipped a plug with it in this config, the car was just dead nuts reliable and I drove it any and everywhere.
    Awww Man.....GREAT MEMORIES!!

When you get this new combination dialed in, it will be just as fun and reliable as the old. Just A LOT FASTER!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Awww Man.....GREAT MEMORIES!!

When you get this new combination dialed in, it will be just as fun and reliable as the old. Just A LOT FASTER!!
    I'm hoping for all of those things!
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Back when they was so fun! Seems that these cars have gotten so fast its took some of the fun out of it.

Either way, its going to be worth the wait Im sure.

Oh and I got that hatch latch for ya. Ill throw it in the truck and get it to you the next time Im up that way.
    1992 Gould GT project...

A LOT of fun Brian! The fast part and all the associated saftey, maintenance, etc. is part of it but the biggest part, for me anyway, was just biting off way more than I could chew and then changing my mind several times during this process. I was talking to Rick the other day about wondering where this thing would be had I just put it back together with my original mods and went on upgrading year to year from that point? I had my 393 shortblock from BES done, my heads had been ported by TEA, etc., all I needed to do was throw it together with the Spyder intake and put the nitrous plate on it vs the single nozzle. It is what it is at this point though so onward and upward. LOL

Thanks on that hatch latch, apppreciate it.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Updates needed!!!!

Cant wait to see this one ready to rock!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

I'm working on it! lol Nothing picture worthy at the time. Work shut it's doors for good back on the 6th so I have plenty of time to work on it currently. I'll try and keep this a little more updated over the next few weeks.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Man sorry to hear that... Sometimes when one door closes two others open.

At least this way you have plenty of time to work on it now.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Update time. Been getting a lot done, I had a good bit more to do than I realized but I'm making real good headway. It was looking like I was going to be able to do the first startup this coming weekend but that's not going to happen so my goal is to do the first start on Memorial weekend. I'm going to try and take more pictures and get them posted as I get stuff completed.

This is a quick pic I took of the mounting and wiring of the Leash dual relay board onto my Contour fan setup. I wanted to mount it on the bottom part of the shroud but after some more thought I decided to mount it up top so I can better see the fuses in case I'm having issues on the road. It's not as clean as I'd like but should still do the job.

Never mind about the photo, appears I can't link photos here anymore so this will probably be my last update.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

You should be able to still link the pictures here. Not sure what is going on there.

Don't abandon us just yet! I love seeing the updates on it!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thread Information