Thread: Tire question

Tire question

I am curious as to what tire's the members of the Dozen use? Is just about everyone on slicks or are there guys who use street tires, or DOT Drag radials or Bias Ply's? I'm currently running 275/50/15 Mickey ET Street Radials but might switch to slicks soon to to bust through that 11 second barrier into the 10's.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    I am curious as to what tire's the members of the Dozen use? Is just about everyone on slicks or are there guys who use street tires, or DOT Drag radials or Bias Ply's? I'm currently running 275/50/15 Mickey ET Street Radials but might switch to slicks soon to to bust through that 11 second barrier into the 10's.
    I run a set of 28x10.5 stiff wall M/T slicks. You should pickup alot of ET by switching from a DR to a slick with your heavy stick car. Try to find a set of 26x10 stiff wall M/T slicks to use on your car. Most nmra p/s and r/s guys run the 26 stiff wall.
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

Funny you should mention that Jeff. I'm going to be borrowing a set of the stiff wall slicks from from Mike Bell. to put on my other set of XP rear wheels.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Where is the best place to pick up drag radials around cincy or is it better to order online and have put on locally?

Quote Originally Posted by djom1cincy View Post
    Where is the best place to pick up drag radials around cincy or is it better to order online and have put on locally?
    Craig can hook you up at Cincy Speed.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    John I was running 275/40/17 MT DRs before. I run MT ET Streets (bias ply) 28 by 11.50 by 15. I haven't completed my suspension with a 28" tire yet, but close. The bias ply def hook better (esp with a heavy manual car). They will "walk" alot more than a DR on the big end.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

I agree with Jeff a stiff wall et drag would be the best for your setup. If you must drive it to the track then go with the ET STreet bias ply.

I'm very happy with my hoosier quick time pros. They are dot legal, and i've went 1.43 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    I'm very happy with my hoosier quick time pros. They are dot legal, and i've went 1.43 on them.
    Just imagine how fast you would go if you would take the skirt off and leave the big pills in the car.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Just imagine how fast you would go if you would take the skirt off and leave the big pills in the car.
    OH SNAP !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Just a little gun shy with all the trans problems i've had this/last yearIn due time my good man, you will see some serious numbers in the next few weeks

Thread Information