Vehicle: 1994 Ford Ranger XLT
    Milage: 165,xxx
    Name: James

I'm putting my 1994 Ranger up for sale.

The Good:

-4x4
    -Auto A4LD
    -Supercab
    -XLT, power everything, cruise control, A/C(doesn't work though)
    -Truck is in extremely good shape for the mileage, as far as the body and interior goes. Interior is dirty but a good cleaning will make it look much better. There is one tiny bubble of rust on the passenger lower side of the cab. The tailgate also has some at the bottom. I would say the truck is 98% rust free. Door jambs, wheel lips and bed are all 100% rust free. Otherwise the body is in actually incredibly good shape for a truck and for the 165k miles it has on it.
    -Just installed an Alpine head unit
    -3 new Firestone Wilderness AT 265/75/15 tires. Just put these on this past month. Pics are with the old tires.
    -New autolite platinum plugs and Bosch lifetime wires.
    -Battery and alternator were checked and are working perfectly.

The bad:
    -The rear leaf spring mounts/shackles need replaced.
    -The front right tire is not matched to the rest. It's in decent shape but should probably be replace within the next year. I can't find another matching tire because these are discontinued, hence why I only put 3 new ones on.
    -The engine has a miss. It's a valve sticking on the driver side head. I've driven the truck like this every day for months and I can hardly even notice there is a miss unless I'm stopped. It was driven like this for 3 years before I bought it.
    -The valve cover on the driver side leaks as well as the rear main seal. I planned on just replacing the entire engine eventually anyway, so I haven't even worried about it.
    -The driver side window does not work. I have a dorman regulator that I have already bought and will include with the sale. Could possibly be the regulator though and the window is stuck all the way down right now.
    -Needs both balljoints
    -One of the tranny cooling lines had a pinhole rust through and started to leak. I cut a section out of the metal line and put a rubber hose there instead and clamped it on both ends for a temporary fix.
    -Needs shocks

The truck does need quite a bit of work, but it's nothing to make the truck not driveable. I drive this thing everyday back and forth to work, and even drove it to Plymouth, MI this past friday to pick up my trans.

This would make a great beater/work/winter truck.

In fair condition, this truck books for $2,800:

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/Pric...uizConditions=

I will throw in the engine for an additional $250. I also have a set of Doug Thorley headers that I planned on throwing on the new motor when I was going to repalce the it. I'd like $250 for those. I paid just that for the blasting/ceramic coating.

$1700

Best way to reach me is on my cell, call or text. 513-315-6583.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Very well written ad! So to get this straight, you have another 4.0 engine that can be purchased with the truck and a set of headers too? How many miles on the replacement engine?

I just got off the phone with him and he is delievering me the truck this eve. I am not getting the motor with it so it anyone still needs one he will have it available with 60k he says and the headers he is keeping also!!

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Very well written ad! So to get this straight, you have another 4.0 engine that can be purchased with the truck and a set of headers too? How many miles on the replacement engine?
    That's correct, but as blowncobra said, it's pending to him tonight.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Hey man sent you a text that the fifth third by my house has a notary there all evening so we can just go there to get the title done! Just call me when you get off and I will set you up with my addy!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    The truck does need quite a bit of work, but it's nothing to make the truck not driveable. I drive this thing everyday back and forth to work, and even drove it to Plymouth, MI this past friday to pick up my trans.

This would make a great beater/work/winter truck
    Ok, so let me reiterate/make this more clear for those who cannot read....

The truck needs work!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will make clunking noise when the rear shackles are rusted through. The temp gauge touches the "A" in NORMAL when driving! I drive this truck every single day, it DOES NOT overheat.... The driver side fender has a BIG dent in it....

I'm trying to think of more things that got NITPICKED on a $1700(which is obo btw and I did accept a lower price), running, daily driveable, WORKING 4x4, not rusted to the ground and almost none at all for that matter, top of the line truck.

PLEASE do not waste my time when I offer to drive TO YOU when you don't even have a car to begin with and tell me you have $XXXX in your hand for a work truck and then offer to pay my gas....
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Sorry man but that truck is not worth the $1400 that I was gonna pay. That truck looks nothing like the pics you have posted. That is an $800 dollar truck all day long. Needs $300 worth of exhaust work that you failed to mention in your ad as well. The left side of the bed is laying on the tire damn near and you say that's how it is in the picture get real!!! When you put it into gear it sounds/feels like the tranny is about to hit the ground. Just be honest about what your selling and in this ad you was about 1/2 honest about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by blowncobra View Post
    Sorry man but that truck is not worth the $1400 that I was gonna pay. That truck looks nothing like the pics you have posted. That is an $800 dollar truck all day long. Needs $300 worth of exhaust work that you failed to mention in your ad as well. The left side of the bed is laying on the tire damn near and you say that's how it is in the picture get real!!! When you put it into gear it sounds/feels like the tranny is about to hit the ground. Just be honest about what your selling and in this ad you was about 1/2 honest about everything.
    $300 of exhaust work???? LOL, the tailpipe is gone??

The ONLY thing that is different about the truck now than is in the pics is the toolbox is long gone, newer tires and the dent in the fender. That is EXACTLY how I picked the truck up months ago and I haven't done anything to it. That is how the bed looks when you have a tire that actually has tread on it. Better yet, here's a pic of the truck as it is sitting in my driveway as of 30 seconds ago. If this is so called "damn near sitting on the tire" you probably shouldn't be looking at buying cars. As stated in the ad the rear shackles need replacing, what did you think???:

Tell you what, if you think I'm not being honest, I can get the previous owners info and you can call him and ask him about the rear shackles and if it was like that when I bought it, which those pictures were taken about two days after I bought the truck from him sitting in front of my old apartment in the island club as you can see in the background of the pics. I picked this truck up from out of lawrenceburg so there is no other reason this truck would be on this side of town for me to take a "shady" picture lol....

As far as the trans goes, yes it does shift hard, the truck has 165k on it!!! Does it affect anything as driving goes??? You tell me, you drove it!!!

Tell you what, find me an $800 Ranger that is in this condition and I'll delete this ad right now.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

PM SENT

331 Mexican, TW205's, tf box r, Cam Motion Cam 10.41 @129.12

11.38 @119 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXfVgm9jpd0

10.98 @123 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgUh...=youtube_gdata

I'm not going back and fourth with ya man. Take good pics of the truck in the daylight like the 1st pics you posted and everyone else can see the difference. On top of that the trans has an issue no matter how you slice it and I didn't buy the window motor BS for one second!! I don't blame you for one minute trying to get top dollar out of a rag but I'm not gonna be the one to fall victim!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blowncobra View Post
    I'm not going back and fourth with ya man. Take good pics of the truck in the daylight like the 1st pics you posted and everyone else can see the difference. On top of that the trans has an issue no matter how you slice it and I didn't buy the window motor BS for one second!! I don't blame you for one minute trying to get top dollar out of a rag but I'm not gonna be the one to fall victim!!!
    Ok buddy. I don't really see how a picture in the daytime is going to affect the RIDE HEIGHT of a truck but if you say so
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Needing work or not ,a running driving truck with functional 4X4 that the body isnt rusting off the frame is well worth $1400. Just my .02 though! Good Luck with your sale

Quote Originally Posted by leroy93lx View Post
    Needing work or not ,a running driving truck with functional 4X4 that the body isnt rusting off the frame is well worth $1400. Just my .02 though! Good Luck with your sale
    Thanks man, that's what I thought too?
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Have you fixed the window yet or is it still stuck down? Has it been raining inside the truck ?
    How about a pic of the big dent in the fender?
    Eric

Don't race it if you're afraid to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by NUTTSGT View Post
    Have you fixed the window yet or is it still stuck down? Has it been raining inside the truck ?
    How about a pic of the big dent in the fender?
    I've got a plastic bag covering it now. It's going to a mechanic down the street to get the tranny lines replaced and he is also going to check out the window. I don't have the time to mess with it right now. I'll get some pics of the dent tonight.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Ok, found something I want bad, so let's get this gone for $1300 FIRM!

I'll throw in the headers and engine for $1600.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

So what was the determination of the mechanic down the street as far as the window goes? And are the trans line leaks fixed? The day you posted this I had decided I needed a ranger for the shop to run parts in instead of a 3/4 ton diesel truck.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    So what was the determination of the mechanic down the street as far as the window goes? And are the trans line leaks fixed? The day you posted this I had decided I needed a ranger for the shop to run parts in instead of a 3/4 ton diesel truck.
    Somehow, the previous owner had a passenger side regulator rigged up on the driver side, but it never worked even when I bought it, so I'm not sure if they ever got it to work. The bracket that the regulator was bolted to was hacked up, so I'm trying to source down a driver side door with power everything that I can swap everything over to my door, or maybe even get lucky and find a whole door that I can just swap over, rather than having to replace all the guts. The glass is actually riveted to some of the brackets in the door and I really don't feel like shattering the glass out.

The trans line has been fixed. I cut out a section of rusty hard line and replaced it with some goodyear hose and clamped it on both ends. I've been checking every saturday and it has been bone dry since. I was planning on replacing the entire metal hard lines with new line, but it runs just under the exhaust manifolds and through the bottom of the engine bay and would be quite a big job to replace the entire lines.

Still driving it everyday back and forth to work with no issues.

I also priced out the rear shackles and they are $23 per side for Dorman pieces from KOI. These will get put on next week if I still have the truck. I've also traded the headers for a 3" PA Body Lift kit and will be replacing all the body bushings when/if I do the body lift, I have the truck that long.
    Last edited by 5.0calypso93lx; 10-08-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

This has been sold. Please close.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Thread Information