Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get the best times out of an 07?

How to get the best times out of an 07?

So my dad took his 07 to test and tune last night and the best he could muster up was a 15.2. Long story short, I bet him a steak dinner that I could run a better time. He was blowing the tires off and not letting out. I told him I thought I could run atleast a 14.79. So that's where I have to get to. The car is pretty much stock. It's a 5-speed, 3:55 gears, 18" wheels with the stock BF Kdws, Roush shifter, and tuned by Ken at Mod Depot. I know my 60' time will make or break it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have to show the old man up.

Launch as you said is key. My car launched best for me on stock rubber by reving the car to about 2500 and riding the clutch out nearly all the way through first gear before grabbing 2nd. Shift at about 6000rpm as well. I was only about to run about a 13.8 with a tune and shifter, but I'm not the best driver in the world either. Eventually with bolt on's I was able to run a 12.85 on drag radials.

Hope this helps.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Practice your launch, You got this Robbie lol.

What were your 60' times? haha I hope so Tyler, if I don't, I will hear about it for the rest of my life.

Install a sneaky pete nitrous system in it without him knowing on that day, he'll be quite surprised lol.

haha all I need is to blow up his car, he will own me forever. How is your car coming along?

Well Im going up to Dayton wed to look at Demented5oh's foxbody to look at a possible trade. Everything is good with my car just always wanted a nice modded fox body hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by 98stangv6 View Post
    So my dad took his 07 to test and tune last night and the best he could muster up was a 15.2. Long story short, I bet him a steak dinner that I could run a better time. He was blowing the tires off and not letting out. I told him I thought I could run atleast a 14.79. So that's where I have to get to. The car is pretty much stock. It's a 5-speed, 3:55 gears, 18" wheels with the stock BF Kdws, Roush shifter, and tuned by Ken at Mod Depot. I know my 60' time will make or break it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have to show the old man up.
    Really? Take hellen keller out of the driver's seat, and go bust off a mid 13 like that car should be doing tuned LOL.

Anything LSX...GO 2:
    www.ts-performance.com/
    www.cincyspeed.com

Launching these boats stock are tough. My best bonestock was a 13.55. 4.10s DRs CAI and tune it ran 12.7s. Suspension work and UDPs it ran 12.5s. I went FI after that but knew 11s were possible. Anything over 2k with no clutch slippage the car will just spin for the first 2 gears. Try launching at 2k and practice slipping the clutch. Good luck.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

Still doesn't explain a 15.2 LOL. You could do a 2.5 60 foot and still probably run deep 14s or touch high 13s.

Anything LSX...GO 2:
    www.ts-performance.com/
    www.cincyspeed.com

I hope that 15.2 was a v6 time.

Foxxx5oh is offline ˙˙˙pןɹoʍ ǝןʇʇıן uʍo ʎɯ uı
    i ran a 15.2 in my Elantra before it got totaled....i would have handed my keys to someone who knows how to drive before i would claim a 15.2 in an 07 GT...
    ʎpuɐ sı ǝɯɐu ʎɯ

1992 K1500 Suburban, not quite stock. -- 1996 GT Vert, mostly stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 85_SS_302_Coupe View Post
    Some of us are confined by the boundaries of such things as common sense, logic, pride and even peer pressure and political correctness. This guy is clearly much less confined than i am.

Ahh he was just having fun, this was his first time. He was trying to launch wayy too hard and staying in it. You have to start somewhere.

I have heard mixed reviews about burn outs on street tires, although most people say don't. It's almost impossible to drive around the water box and not get the tires a little bit wet.

i tried to tell him to lower the pressure in the rears and up the pressure in the front, he didnt wanna mess with it, lol

best advice anyone can give ya ... drive it like you stole it , or running from the cops... and grab some gears

Foxxx5oh is offline ˙˙˙pןɹoʍ ǝןʇʇıן uʍo ʎɯ uı
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra429boss View Post
    best advice anyone can give ya ... drive it like you stole it , or running from the cops... and grab some gears

reminds me of how i was taught to powershift...stay in it and dont be afraid to grind em til ya find em lol
    ʎpuɐ sı ǝɯɐu ʎɯ

1992 K1500 Suburban, not quite stock. -- 1996 GT Vert, mostly stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 85_SS_302_Coupe View Post
    Some of us are confined by the boundaries of such things as common sense, logic, pride and even peer pressure and political correctness. This guy is clearly much less confined than i am.

Try and get a good night to go down, track conditions make a huge difference as you probably know. The colder the air the better the motor will like it, but the colder the track the less traction you'll get.

It is possible to hook a 1.9-1.8 on the stock tires, but not reliably every time. I have achieved 1.9's and two 1.8's (best 1.85). I go around the water box and only do a "dust off" burn out dry (in first) and launch @ 2200 RPM. Tire pressure on rears @ 28psi (NLT 26psi), 40psi (NHT 45psi) on fronts.

Just be careful going into second. Like others have said you can light them up easilly in the S197 if you hit second too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 4.6Power View Post
    Try and get a good night to go down, track conditions make a huge difference as you probably know. The colder the air the better the motor will like it, but the colder the track the less traction you'll get.
    I don't think it'll get much cooler this season...

Anything LSX...GO 2:
    www.ts-performance.com/
    www.cincyspeed.com

Thread Information