Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running of the Dozen!

you've been a member of the board all year with your project thread and stuff.
    you got your project going so it should def. count!
    any e/t guess's? lol!

If they let me in...you should come in too!!!!

i'd say you would be in. the other guys that argued about it weren't put on because of low posts in about 3 years from what i understand. that would not make them an active member.

i will be at cincyspeed saturday morning as far as i know.
    '17 WRX- 312/317 driving all the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by zlou363lx View Post
    i got a screw in my tire leaking bad. so i won't be going to either until i either patch it or get my new one. lame.

does that make me "broke"? lol
    Dude... EVERY single time I've been to Edgewater this year I've got home and found my tire going down... from very tiny nails... Not saying I'm picking them up at E2o... but man it sure seems like it...

Picked up 5 nails in the right rear tire on the lincoln once...

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    Dude... EVERY single time I've been to Edgewater this year I've got home and found my tire going down... from very tiny nails... Not saying I'm picking them up at E2o... but man it sure seems like it...

Picked up 5 nails in the right rear tire on the lincoln once...
    I swear, I think racers must throw nails and screws out the window when they lose or something. We were getting the same complaints at Thornhill for a while. I started walking the track with the blowers myself before each race, and would find all kinds of nails, screws, bolts, etc. I can see some of the stuff actually coming from a car, but WTF with the nails?

I'll probably end up running my street tires, I do think I have anyway of getting my slicks there. Maybe I'll put a trailor hitch on the Cobra,lol.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by PKFIRE View Post
    I'll probably end up running my street tires, I do think I have anyway of getting my slicks there. Maybe I'll put a trailor hitch on the Cobra,lol.
    Put them in big plastic trash bags...one in the rear seat..other in the passanger seat. That's how I got my slicks to the track for years in my coupe.
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff88coupe View Post
    Put them in big plastic trash bags...one in the rear seat..other in the passanger seat. That's how I got my slicks to the track for years in my coupe.
    I may try this, thanks!
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    Ok let me ask a question, what if I make it this weekend and make a pass and its fast enough for the dozen, does it count? I have been and active member everyday on this site and have made it to watch a few races this year but have been building all year and now its done. So whats the verdict?
    i would have to discuss it with the other mods / admins

the membership isn't a problem, it would be the fact that it hasn't been to cruises, hangouts etc..

one of the main things with the dozen is that the car is a street car. so, for everyone else it was mandatory that they attend at least one of the cruises with their car. so, in that respect it's not fair to the guys that have had their car out all year, or a portion of the year, other than waiting til the last week and making a pass in the car,
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    i would have to discuss it with the other mods / admins

the membership isn't a problem, it would be the fact that it hasn't been to cruises, hangouts etc..

one of the main things with the dozen is that the car is a street car. so, for everyone else it was mandatory that they attend at least one of the cruises with their car. so, in that respect it's not fair to the guys that have had their car out all year, or a portion of the year, other than waiting til the last week and making a pass in the car,
    He tried to make it out last weekend, but it broke on the way to TS. (He was driving it)
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

First thing it I havent been waiting till the last weekend by any means. This has been an ongoing project all year and its just now ready to make a pass or at least try to.

Thanks Craig, I did start to drive it to Tristate last weekend but developed a small oil leak and a tire rub on the quarter and didnt want to take any unnecessary chances. That has been fixed and I'm going to make a few passes. If I make the dozen I make it, if I dont I dont.

it is the running of the dozen this sat so if you make it to that this weekend it is a event so you should be good !!!! there will be plenny of stangbangerz there to see
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    If I make the dozen I make it, if I dont I dont.
    I don't really think a 12.50 car will make it...moot point!!!
    Rich Taylor
    92 Mustang LX 357w...Carb'd!
    10.83 @ 124mph

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I don't really think a 12.50 car will make it...moot point!!!
    Were not taking your car

OUCH! Shouldn't you be digging a hole somewhere Mike?

Dug all freaking day today.

Thread Information