Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Official ET List

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Huh, I that that if you fixed it quickly it was considered maintenance?
    to my understanding, a head gasket isn't considered normal maintenance.
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

It is on a forced induction car, lol. Its not like he replaced the blower with a turbo. He didnt upgrade or downgrade parts. Does that mean if someone throws a tubular kmember in a car they're off the list? Or changes control arms? Those aren't maintenance either

Quote Originally Posted by Whyucryn View Post
    It is on a forced induction car, lol. Its not like he replaced the blower with a turbo. He didnt upgrade or downgrade parts. Does that mean if someone throws a tubular kmember in a car they're off the list? Or changes control arms? Those aren't maintenance either
    Your exactly right, the car broke into a condition it could not run in. Was it too much boost? Was the tune too agressive? Don't know.

Just like my car ate it a couple weeks back and would not be able to duplicate the numbers.

I didn't make the rules, vinny did

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
    **That means, you show up to SBZ events and get-togethers.

**AND**

**you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)

-Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with fellow SBZ members witnessing them (these are our local tracks)

-A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car. Pump gas, race gas, slicks, radials, whatever... But exhaust must run through a muffler of some sort. Turbos do NOT count as mufflers.

-Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If fail to post up that you broke to deliberately stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. Your new best will be your qualifying number. No "one hit" wonders.
    *Broke is: Something happened and you cannot make another run (or drive it home).
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

not trying to stir the pot hell i'm not on the list but technically he could have driven it "home" with a blown head gasket couldnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull1052 View Post
    not trying to stir the pot hell i'm not on the list but technically he could have driven it "home" with a blown head gasket couldnt he?
    could it rerun that e.t. after it blew the head gasket?

i ate a piston, i could have driven it home, it's still broke
    2022 F150 10.76

Come on guys, are we really going to argue this? It was a mechanical failure, bottom line. That's pretty cut and dry. right? I know I wouldn't drive my car if I blew a head gasket! I thought the rules were pretty clear that Vinny had originally set forth.
    2004 Comp Orange Cobra Coupe
    2010 F150 Lariat SCrew
    2010 Fusion Sport
    1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe aka "race car"

Not arguing the rules on this, I totally agree. My problem is, because my car remained on the list for two weeks after it happened I was under the impression it was not considered broke. Why wait until the tracks close to remove it? Hell, its got trick flow heads and an intake on it now, I know it would've went faster so I damned sure would have made it back to the track if I would've know.

Quote Originally Posted by chad393na View Post
    Not arguing the rules on this, I totally agree. My problem is, because my car remained on the list for two weeks after it happened I was under the impression it was not considered broke. Why wait until the tracks close to remove it? Hell, its got trick flow heads and an intake on it now, I know it would've went faster so I damned sure would have made it back to the track if I would've know.
    the list had not been updated
    2022 F150 10.76

Yea, I know. I just thought after Metcalf made the comment about blown head gaskets not being considered broke, someone would've responded to that.

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    could it rerun that e.t. after it blew the head gasket?

i ate a piston, i could have driven it home, it's still broke
    Did I miss a post about this? What happen?

That means that you changed combos AND it was broke. Obviously you know that if you change combos that you are taken off until you run again.

I agree though that the list should have been fully updated with who was off/on the week before the final E20 Test n Tune night. But you did change combos so that doesn't matter. Sucks pretty bad.
    2004 Comp Orange Cobra Coupe
    2010 F150 Lariat SCrew
    2010 Fusion Sport
    1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe aka "race car"

Did not think about the combo change thing. Sure wish I would have remembered that. Its sucks, I have been on the list every year since it started. Sure wish something was open this weekend.

Did not think about the combo change thing. Sure wish I would have remembered that. Its sucks, I have been on the list every year since it started. Sure wish something was open this weekend.
    yep, combo change also makes a diff, ya shoulda brought that biotch out if it was gonna be faster!
    2022 F150 10.76

Wanna borrow my Gtech Pro? It will give ya 1/4 mile times!
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Quote Originally Posted by cobraman302 View Post
    That means that you changed combos AND it was broke. Obviously you know that if you change combos that you are taken off until you run again.

I agree though that the list should have been fully updated with who was off/on the week before the final E20 Test n Tune night. But you did change combos so that doesn't matter. Sucks pretty bad.
    This is why I asked for the list to be updated on a weekly basis. Even if there were no changes, a "No Changes" this week could let everyone know where they stand.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    This is why I asked for the list to be updated on a weekly basis. Even if there were no changes, a "No Changes" this week could let everyone know where they stand.
    again, coming from the guy that updates once every 6 weeks lol
    2022 F150 10.76

No my only thing is I thought at the beginning of the year we talked about what was considered broke and we decided that a head gasket was no big deal as long as it was fixed in I timely manner. Not try to start problems guys but that was my understanding. But I failed to make the list myself again this year

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    again, coming from the guy that updates once every 6 weeks lol

Im sure we could find someone to do it. Your busy, I'm busy. Hit me up with who you think could maintain the list next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    No my only thing is I thought at the beginning of the year we talked about what was considered broke and we decided that a head gasket was no big deal as long as it was fixed in I timely manner. Not try to start problems guys but that was my understanding. But I failed to make the list myself again this year
    If someone blew a HG one week end, fixed it and backed up his best ET, I dont see a problem.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Im sure we could find someone to do it. Your busy, I'm busy. Hit me up with who you think could maintain the list next year.

If someone blew a HG one week end, fixed it and backed up his best ET, I dont see a problem.
    i don't have a problem doing it, just at the end of the year with 1 change or something, don't think it was a big deal.

i was the one updating it all the time and you complained about it, lol.

as far as the head gasket, you nailed it, back up the e.t., thats what you have to do when something breaks
    2022 F150 10.76

I totally agree. I know my combo change rules me out, but if the list was updated shortly after I broke, I would have realized I needed to get it back to the track.

Thread Information