Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    That's what I thought you'd say.
    Actually it has been tested and minimum octane rating for E70 (winter blend you are referring to) is 105 octane, and E85 in summer blend format is closer to 107-109 octane. I wasn't aware of the fact that E85 was "dirty" like diesel fuel is. Yes it does require a lot more voume to flow E85, and I have to admit maybe its only in boosted applications that E85 pays off? I am unsure about a N/A car. I personally know of a car that picked up as much as 100hp (roughly 70 more at peak) in the curve just by switching from 100 cotane to E85 (same boost of 21psi).

And listen pal, I am not here to be a forum badass, you call me out on a race trying to be a badass....I don't even know you and you throw shit at most people on this board. I wish, and sorry if I am being rude, that you would just drop off this forum and never come back. I was asking you a question, you never provided clear proof, and now you want to race me lol. I have a 4000lb + vert so you are truely a badass if you can beat me....
    2004 Comp Orange Cobra Coupe
    2010 F150 Lariat SCrew
    2010 Fusion Sport
    1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe aka "race car"

I do know. Mike whitt with silver chevelle that says Blown Income on the hood switched to it and it has slowed down a half a second. And he's happy with it. If you can't afford to use the right fuel than you shouldn't build and engine that needs it. E85 takes like 32% more fuel and its only 100-105 octane depending on the season. Plus its a dirty fuel like diesel. So like I said run your crap gas and be slow. Guys like me with good gas will continue to laugh at you
    I don't know Mike Whitt but because this one guy tried it and slowed down that must make it true. There is a whole lot of informaiton being left out.

Dirty fuel? You have got to be kidding me. Ethanol burns cleaner than regular gasoline and way cleaner than that the leaded stuff you are running. There is a damn good reason the government banned leaded fuel for use on public roads in the 70's.

Cost has nothing to do with it. I could put VP fuel in my car if I wanted to but it would be a waste. The reality of it is that you can get E85 at far more places and for roughly half the cost of Turbo Blue and for far less than you pay for VP, Torco, etc.

Yes it takes roughly 30% more fuel to run a car on E85 and methanol takes roughly twice as much volume compared to gasoline. Does that mean the alcohol dragsters and funny cars that run at the track are running on "junk" fuel?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by cobraman302 View Post
    Actually it has been tested and minimum octane rating for E70 (winter blend you are referring to) is 105 octane, and E85 in summer blend format is closer to 107-109 octane. I wasn't aware of the fact that E85 was "dirty" like diesel fuel is. Yes it does require a lot more voume to flow E85, and I have to admit maybe its only in boosted applications that E85 pays off? I am unsure about a N/A car. I personally know of a car that picked up as much as 100hp (roughly 70 more at peak) in the curve just by switching from 100 cotane to E85 (same boost of 21psi).

And listen pal, I am not here to be a forum badass, you call me out on a race trying to be a badass....I don't even know you and you throw shit at most people on this board. I wish, and sorry if I am being rude, that you would just drop off this forum and never come back. I was asking you a question, you never provided clear proof, and now you want to race me lol. I have a 4000lb + vert so you are truely a badass if you can beat me....
    Nope you proved my point right here. I have a 4000lb vert. That is an EXCUSE. So is the fuel its like pump gas an EXCUSE for your car to be slow or not to be raced. CRY BABY gas. Its not even saving money because you have to build a fuel system around it and its not super easy to get so its not really convenient. Its simply cry baby fuel

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I don't know Mike Whitt but because this one guy tried it and slowed down that must make it true. There is a whole lot of informaiton being left out.

Dirty fuel? You have got to be kidding me. Ethanol burns cleaner than regular gasoline and way cleaner than that the leaded stuff you are running. There is a damn good reason the government banned leaded fuel for use on public roads in the 70's.

Cost has nothing to do with it. I could put VP fuel in my car if I wanted to but it would be a waste. The reality of it is that you can get E85 at far more places and for roughly half the cost of Turbo Blue and for far less than you pay for VP, Torco, etc.

Yes it takes roughly 30% more fuel to run a car on E85 and methanol takes roughly twice as much volume compared to gasoline. Does that mean the alcohol dragsters and funny cars that run at the track are running on "junk" fuel?
    Let me know when John Force switches to it

Let me know when John Force switches to it
    So when are you switching to nitromethane?

IRL cars run on ethanol. So how does what John Force use prove that E85 is junk fuel?
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

I don't know I was just going off what you said. Ethanol and e85 are not the same thing. And I was kicking around running some nitromethane

I ran it and it worked well for me, must have been a fluke. lol. Craig, if you don't like it, just don't run it man. I thought you'd be the last person to bulk at 105+ octane fuel for 3 bucks a gallon. But I'm not getting into this pissing match, and no I won't race ya, I'm too fucking far away, unless you come here and give me the dig

I guess I like my motors to much to run a cheep ass make shift fuel in it. But like I said to each his own. Oh and Mike what kind of gas is your car on? We both know

All it takes to tune your car to run E85 is

One of these

And one of these

But...you do have to know how to use both of them.

Some E85 performance related links for those interested:
    http://www.e85performance.net/forums/

http://www.proe85.com/
    -A 8.90 index class at No Limit raceway in Indiana..uses E85 as spec fuel. Many different combo's running it.

http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/in...?topic=47094.0
    tt 331 mustang making 1000+rwhp on E85
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

Local evo made 700awhp on e85.

There is a dude on my site with an S10 on it that runs the 8.90 index on it. Still be faster on race gas. Kinda reminds me of going to a regular radial shoot out

There is a dude on my site with an S10 on it that runs the 8.90 index on it. Still be faster on race gas. Kinda reminds me of going to a regular radial shoot out
    Show me, or for that matter anyone else on this site, back to back testing between the two and maybe your argument will carry some weight. Until then its nothing more that speculation, opinions, and ASSumptions.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

How about this, we find a car that is fairly easy to tune (I'm thinking fairly high compression NA car) that has enough of a fuel system to support both race gas and E85 and we put it on a dyno to figure out which really does produce more power. I'll buy the fuel and split the dyno time with you.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

We looked into it. Big Rob wanted the turbo car like that bad and after two months of research we figured out it junk. I knew after the first day but Rob wanted it bad so he spent lots of time looking into it. Plus my buddy Smack(stocknotch) was determined to make it work on his turbo car. It cost him 3 engines and he talked to all kinds of guys who ran it and spent countless hours on the web researching it. I talked him into making the switch to turbo blue and his car went from 9.80s on a good tune to a 9.20 on a soft tune. So I'm not running my mouth we've tried it, its shit!! So I'm cool if you run it you'll just have junk

NXcoupe, 05yellowgt, jeff88coupe, antirice347, recklessop, and white01 all are running or have run E85 without blowing up anything. That's 6 different cars, 4 different tuners, and a variety of combinations. Hell I bet 05yellowgt has made 100 or more dyno pulls with it and I don't know how many street miles without incident.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Jeff88coupe is the only one that is really fast but how do you know how many times its been apart. I kinda feel like its apart a lot. All the other cars are nice but mike bell doesn't run it any more and if the yellow05 is still on it I can't wait for him to switch back cause it will fly. I rather hear it was on pump gas. Its definitely better. I don't know antirice.

Like I said I may just value my engine more

Wow!!! I have never seen a guy who spends more time putting peoples stuff or ideas down than this Metcalf guy.....I dont know why you guys even waste your time responding to to his ignorant posts.
    There are alot of good knowledgable guys on here that are willing to help guys out and provide good POSITIVE information for people that have questions or ideas and thats what this board was supposed to be for(at least thats what I thought).
    But he gets on here and provides absolutly nothing positive for the members of this board all he does do is spout off on his shitty opinions about how everything is junk and everybody combination is wrong and how slow everybody is(unless of coarse he uses it or its his combination then its the best fastest shit ever made!!!!)
    And just the simple fact that he puts KING or KING OF THE STREET or sum dumb shit like that on his signature(and believe me hes not the king of anything) just proves that he is an arrogant azz and I wouldnt pay attention to a word out of his mouth.
    This board could be so much bigger and better than it is but your gonna have to get guys like this off of it so that more people will join and make friends and hang out more because there wont be all the negative drama....

Well got nothing better to do ha ha ! i will start off with saying e85 has it good points and bad . Does not have to many but does have a few . but imo the good out ways the bad in most combos . now for back to back compros last year jeff was having a problem with his car . I suggested taking it off e85 and runing it on race gas witch was easier to read the plugs . He did problem stayed car lost cant rember exacly but it was more than a tenth . Now i pay 17 bucks a gallon for race gas if i can ran as good or better for 2.50 a gallon that would be great!!! NOW HERE COMES THE BAD PART . There is not alot of people that know what they are doing with the shi.. e 85 dont blow your shi.. up a bad tune did . one of the benfites of it you can add more timing . Well theres were the gread comes in . on a bad air day or you get a good bach of the stuff you make good power 3 weeks from now the da drops like a rock and you get a lower bach bam hole in the piston . Once more poeple get used to it you will see it more in racing . And i got news for ya 10 years from now old obama is goiing to take my c-23 from me so better start learning
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Thread Information