Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flyin2jz View Post
    Well other than that. Are there gains with my combo trying higher octane and maybe upping the timing? If anyones tried it it u Craig.
    you will never use spray so I really doubt it

Well other than that. Are there gains with my combo trying higher octane and maybe upping the timing? If anyones tried it it u Craig.
    Probably be minimal at best IMO. There are a lot of NA cars out there running way higher octane fuel than what they may actually need or what the engine wants. Too many factors (cam timing, combustion chamber, quench, etc.) to say for sure if you'd gain anything on your combo. Surprised you haven't tested it yet though.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

38 total

My last dyno was on 89 so I at least need to try 92. We tried upping the timing and it gave us 9 more rwhp but when we went 1 more degree it lost 6.

My last dyno was on 89 so I at least need to try 92. We tried upping the timing and it gave us 9 more rwhp but when we went 1 more degree it lost 6.
    Funny how timing will do that. Gotta find that sweet spot. I've seen 100+ rwhp gains with 1-2 degrees of timing on boosted combos.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

That's way more than I'd run in it but if it works rock it

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    I guess I like my motors to much to run a cheep ass make shift fuel in it. But like I said to each his own. Oh and Mike what kind of gas is your car on? We both know
    Yeah, in my race car? I was talking about my supercharged street car. I have to run VP C10 in the race car because of rules. If I could run whatever, I would run E85 because of cost and access. I have to drive all over to get C10, usually buy all they have so I won't run out. If you don't like it, don't use it, but to each his own. I could use more octane with my car, that's for sure, it's limited now by the fuel octane.

excuse
    You've been wathcing too many street racing videos.

Yea I told him to keep putting timing in it till it lost power. That was with the victor efi. I kept the same timing tables in the pms and just for fun put more in it thinking I may not have got the dizzy exactly where it was before I put the new super victor on.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    You've been wathcing too many street racing videos.
    I wish I could be making some

Who pulled your string Clown. You aint no body. You had a car that may have been fast 8yrs ago but it was all borrowed parts. You wasn't anybody then and you aren't anybody now. Do me a favor and just sit there honking you big clown nose thinking you worry some one
    LOL!...You are a tool and a sad excuse for one at that...you were a shit talkin ass back then and I see nothing has changed...you think you are king of street but the only thing that you are king of is running your mouth.
    Whats sad is that when I hear people from this board talking and your name comes up they all say the same thing...that you are a complete ass jockey and the only reason they even pay attention to your posts is because its funny to hear you talk about how great you think you are.

BTW....For the record Im not trying to worry you I dont care if your worried or not...all im saying is that I think you are a fucking idiot!

The only idiot here is the poser with nothing. You've never had nothing or built anything for your opinions to matter. When did I talk about how great I was? I thought I was talking about how junk e85 was. I realize clowns like you look up to me and always wanna surround yourself with my greatness but I'm just a man. No different than the next guy. This is something your going to need to except and move on. Maybe you should watch more tv, find you a nice movie star to stalk that way you can quit worrying about what I have to say. Later stalker

Hahaha...Ive never had anything or built anything huh?....Tell you what smart guy I heard that you are making some changes to you combination...thats cool.....well so am I.
    I will make a deal with ya KING ..you go ahead and make all your changes you need I will make my changes and when were both done you bring your car to the track and I will bring mine and well see who builds a nicer car and then well see whos is faster...I will be more than happy to let my car do the talking for me..you game?.
    Last edited by JROUTLAW331; 07-17-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Haha..wow the pot got stirred up. E85 isn't for everyone...but it works well for me. I did a back to back dyno with my car with 93 pump gas and E85. My motor is only 11:1...it doesn't need 110 race gas n/a. I did use to run a 50/50 mix of 93 and 110 when I was spraying over a 100 shot on it for some insurance. On the same dyno the same day I had my car tuned on pump 93. Drained the fuel cell...put it E85...got the a/f correct..didn't touch the timing. Car picked up 10rwhp on e85 vs 93. I think with the final tune we picked up a few more.....made right around 400 at the tire with my C4 and a nitrous converter. I also run my NX wet efi nitrous plate kit on E85. All I did was call NX's tech line to get a E85 jet map for my plate...and then get the correct fuel jets. I haven't sprayed more than a 150 shot yet...but that will probably change toward the end of the season. Right now I've been only spraying a 100 shot working on my 10.0 index tuneup.
    I've got some big changes planned for this winter for the car. I'm going to be putting a turbo on my car. Going with a PT88/FAST XFI/PG setup.....will be a whole new animal next year that will still be running E85.
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

Quote Originally Posted by JROUTLAW331 View Post
    Hahaha...Ive never had anything or built anything huh?....Tell you what smart guy I heard that you are making some changes to you combination...thats cool.....well so am I.
    I will make a deal with ya KING ..you go ahead and make all your changes you need I will make my changes and when were both done you bring your car to the track and I will bring mine and well see who builds a nicer car and then well see whos is faster...I will be more than happy to let my car do the talking for me..you game?.
    The difference between me and you is my car will be done soon and yours will never be done. So ill tell you what get your car done with all your parts and let me know and we'll square off at the track. I probably can't beat 30 stangbangerz teaming up to help you get your car out but I can make a mockery out of you

The difference between me and you is my car will be done soon and yours will never be done. So ill tell you what get your car done with all your parts and let me know and we'll square off at the track. I probably can't beat 30 stangbangerz teaming up to help you get your car out but I can make a mockery out of you
    Quoted for a later time.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

oops sorry wont be able to make it after all...we are making a few changes to car and it wont be done
    notice it says WE so i guess you are right metcalf LOL

lol...Once again mr know-it -all has spoken........Well lets see!!!!.....Lets take a poll..Has ANYONE on this board EVER helped work on any of my cars????.....If anyone on here has ever even turned a screw on my car speak up...??????
    Nobody works on my car but me...NOBODY.
    WE is referring to me......And thats cool like I said smart ass you finish your fucking car and I will finish mine and then well see who makes a mockery of who.
    Im tired of talking to a lil kid.....I will let my car bust your ass

lol...Once again mr know-it -all has spoken........Well lets see!!!!.....Lets take a poll..Has ANYONE on this board EVER helped work on any of my cars????.....If anyone on here has ever even turned a screw on my car speak up...??????
    Nobody works on my car but me...NOBODY.
    WE is referring to me......And thats cool like I said smart ass you finish your fucking car and I will finish mine and then well see who makes a mockery of who.
    Im tired of talking to a lil kid.....I will let my car bust your ass
    It must be lonely with no friends because when I say we I mean WE because I roll deep with 12-30. But I'm the dick with no friends. Lmao!!! Like I said clown let's dance. Here is the straight up my car is at Plated's getting a face lift ill have it back in a week or two. My motor is paid for at Robinson Race Engines. It will be there for 2-4 weeks. Then I've got nothing better to do then bust your ass. See I'm always showing up with a pieced together hoopty. This time things are different and I going to make you look like the clown you are and always will be

LOL...Well I dont see any response from anybody.....guess you were wrong huh?
    Like I said Im done talking, talking is for kids.....You dont like me and I dont like you so we will let our cars do the talking.

Thread Information