Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    i have my street bracket semi finalist plaque on my wall at work, courtesy of Cincy Speed. Aug 25th 2001!!! I think I coulda won the whole thing if my damn S/C impeller hadn't imploded lol!
    That was the first one. The second was the Best one.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Powerfest was the bomb!!!!!!

Due to work schedule I can only race Sat. nights and on Sunday. I plan on running some UMTR events @ Edgewater and maybe running for points at TriState in the Amsoil Street class.

Anyone here ever ran for points in a bracket class??????

Almost 5 years since I've made a pass, going for 13.99 NA, low 12's on the bottle.

Yes, in a FWD Honda, under 1800 lbs without my fatass in it....so about 2020 with driver.

i'll be happy to make a pass this year!
    Xtreme Outlaw Series
    S&M Motorsports llc
    Precision Turbo
    Performance Torque Converters
    Leash Electronics

I can't wait to get back at it next year. Still have a lot of work ahead of me this winter, but will be worth the time/effort.
    When the turbo's spinnin', you ain't winnin'!

Quote Originally Posted by bkstang95 View Post
    I can't wait to get back at it next year. Still have a lot of work ahead of me this winter, but will be worth the time/effort.
    What are some of the changes the car will see besides the repairs?

Bigger intercooler, better radiator/fan, drag suspension (instead of Tokico road race shit i had before), ditching the factory wiring harness and doing a Painless harness, wheels/tires...nothing drastic, but should turn out better than before.
    When the turbo's spinnin', you ain't winnin'!

I'm still voting for Powerfest 2010. I took Runner up in the Quick 32 last time in an LS1 6speed on 17in DRs

I'm sorry for those who were confused, but I plan on being in the "other dozen" for the non Mustang/Ford cars, only 5 cars in it for 2009.

Those who thought I was dumb enough to think I could be in the DD with mostly 8-9 seconds cars, yeah right.....only if you count my 1/8 mile time.

Cracker, what would it take do a Sunday trackday @ Edgewater?

$20-25 a car, as many laps as you can, grudge races on pro tree if needed, door prizes, support our local shops, yadda yadda yadda, big turnout would help support local charitys and such.

Common Cracker, you know you like talking smack from the tower!

power fest is always cool . but alot of work and money !! with this econmany it will be hard . but if it happens i vote for a quick 16 and then run them heads up on a inverted ladder !
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    power fest is always cool . but alot of work and money !! with this econmany it will be hard . but if it happens i vote for a quick 16 and then run them heads up on a inverted ladder !
    Like that will happen, I say with a 30 mile cruise and not allowed to work on the car when you get to the track and see who has the fastest car .
    That way we could weed out the trailer queens ..

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Like that will happen, I say with a 30 mile cruise and not allowed to work on the car when you get to the track and see who has the fastest car .
    Sound exactly like true street.If I get my car done soon ill be at a few NMRA truestreet races again this year.
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by JIMSSVT View Post
    Sound exactly like true street.If I get my car done soon ill be at a few NMRA truestreet races again this year.
    and I'll be the pit crew

a faster car is always a faster car . both the slow guy and the fast guy might lose a .10 becuase of rich plugs but most cars would run the same . if you need a 30 mile cruze to make people feel better bring it on but most nmra legal drag radial cars and some sso cars could make a 30 mile cruze . just cost them alot in gas and valve springs . i remeber st lois a few years back big daddy made his 30 mile cruse and then went 7.49 at 199.
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

lets say if you have a certified rollbar you can compete=racecar
    no aftermarket RACE axles
    no race parts on the engine=racecar
    alot of the mustang parts say off highway use right on them so no coldair kits.
    no popping the hood lookin for leaks or any thing safety like that.
    no trailers,you half to find a way home buddy!

oh screw it ,lets just run it like it has been for years!
    lmao!!!!
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post

lmao!!!!
    I think that's the smartest thing you've ever said !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Even though I won't be in contending status this year, I'm looking foward to going to the track and hopefully meeting some of you guys and hopefully learning from the experience.
    I've yet to make a pass down the 1320 so we will see how that goes.
    I'm trying to get my driveability taken care of so there won't be any issues there. I hope to have all the drive line issues taken care of by spring.

John

lmao!!!!
    sounds like a plan !!!!!! its all for fun

lmao!!!!
    If people drive there cars once in a while they would find out if you have promblems . I have all kinds of after market stuff and drive regulary no promblems.Also it should have current tags and insurance . No one said you could not trailer to the track then leave from there. Not being able to work on it when you get there keeps people from changing plugs tires gas for nos tunes and so on . You should also have to have full interior to.

If people drive there cars once in a while they would find out if you have promblems . I have all kinds of after market stuff and drive regulary no promblems.Also it should have current tags and insurance . No one said you could not trailer to the track then leave from there. Not being able to work on it when you get there keeps people from changing plugs tires gas for nos tunes and so on . You should also have to have full interior to.
    I think if there needs to be so many rules then why the fuck even have the dozen?It doesnt matter if the rules are to a brandnew factory spec car someone will bitch about something.Like he lowerd his tire pressure...or hes running 93 octane instead of 87.See what I mean.Someone will bitch.
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by JIMSSVT View Post
    I think if there needs to be so many rules then why the fuck even have the dozen?It doesnt matter if the rules are to a brandnew factory spec car someone will bitch about something.Like he lowerd his tire pressure...or hes running 93 octane instead of 87.See what I mean.Someone will bitch.
    PERXACTLY !!!
    Aaron

F**K Photobucket !!!

Thread Information