Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flyin2jz View Post
    What if we started a poll on whether to bring him back on the site with his user name. If the po shows people want him back on then un ban him. I understand I don't know the reason he was banned but it would still be good to have some life around here other than Craig
    All good in theory, but the poll doesnt pay the bills or make the rules.

AND, he poked at the wrong person one too many times and he knew exactly what he was doing and got the ban. Ask him, he will tell you exactly that.

Time to drop this.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Yeah the yougotjunk name is done forever. I think he will be back just under a different name. I wasn't willing to do that but I got banned last time so I couldn't defend Rob not for causing trouble. Lol. Its all good. I agree with Craig and we should just let the topic die

Craig your avitar cracks me up everytime I look at it.

I had a dancing Milk carton, but it wouldnt upload.

Soooo, anyone running in this Heat tonight??

I thought about it but after being in it all day I will pass. It was 112 heat index in the shop.
    I wish my lawn was Emo so it would cut itself...

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    dart killer
    Thats the same thing a certain black mustang thought to , he sold it and had to start over .

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Thats the same thing a certain black mustang thought to , he sold it and had to start over .
    what your not helping this time
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

what your not helping this time
    I have to much of my own junk to work on right now.

How did old fruit salad due at the umtr in columbus.

think he might have broke out . think he looked over and seen blue and said no blue car is ever going to beat me so he sayed in it
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

think he might have broke out . think he looked over and seen blue and said no blue car is ever going to beat me so he sayed in it
    Thats what happens when your ego gets the best of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Thats what happens when your ego gets the best of a person.
    true ..

Here we go again! Its almost time for the tracks to open! Time to get out and have some fun! Same "rules" as last year (as greatly outlined by Vinny and Craig):

Vinny said it best. It was his idea to see the areas fastest STREET Mustangs & Capris. In his words:

Originally Posted by :
    Originally Posted by vinny5oh
    Here ya go.....

Also, you can expect things to shake out at the end of this season to level the street-car vs race-car issue. We're going to pick a test and tune day at the end of the season, have all potential dozen members meet at a set location and DRIVE to the track and make passes. This will weed out the 5 gallon fuel cell race cars, prove their street credibility as well as keep the list local. If you can't make a test and tune session around here then you aren't local. We may recquire that all dozen list members attend the fall cruise-in as well to once again prove their street creds as well as their involvement with this site. We don't need one-post-wonders claiming to be a SBZ member, making the cut and leaving somebody off the list with more of a street car and more time on this site.

So with that, I'll start the first round.
    "His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

Thanks for reading

Here ill post here since I am no longer allowed to post in the other thread. I just went back and read this for my self and I guess I was wrong. But however it does say umtr so those tracks should be included. Getting rid of the list will only lessen Stangbanger board activity. Its a problem every year because so many want to make the list. Everyone is competitive. The post count thing is a little sketchy but I've got more than enough so it really doesn't concern me. So if I get my car and engine back in time ill see about winning by the rules

A Participating member of Stangbangerz. That means, you show up to SBZ events, you show up to some SBZ get-togethers, you also make one of the following:
    -Running of the Ponys
    -Running of the Dozen
    -Local T&T at E20 or TS with fellow SBZ members
    -Running of the UMTR with fellow SBZ
    -Attend the SBZ Track day in July
    The Dirty Dozen was started by Vinny to get ALL of us motivated to come out and enjoy our Stangs together. We all know Vinny loved being with everyone at the track and he looked forward to racing along side each of us.

-A true street, Ford powered Mustang/Capri with insurance, tags and registration matching the car.

-Owner may have had help building his/her car, but they will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

-If you break, blow up, change combo, your off the list till you re-run the car. All times before are void. No "one hit" wonders. If fail to post up that you broke to delibratey stay on the list, you are off...PERMANENTLY.

Oh and one more thing...it is STRONGLY suggested you have the NHRA level safety equipment for whatever times you are running. Its not a requirement, but we want to be sure everyone is safe while they are having fun. Besides, most tracks now require the proper equipment.

Sorry here is where it says umtr. This should allow the umtr tracks

The post count thing is just plain crazy. You cant be on the computer and working on a car at the same time. Maybe some people would have faster cars if they got away from the keyboard.

Oh I'd say for sure. Some of them may actually get a car

Craig when's the running of the dozen day? I know I'm not on the dozen so does that keep my from running in the event because my post count is low and don't know a ton of the guys?

You've posted enough lately to make the list

Nope...Black cars aren't allowed. Rule #137

Quote Originally Posted by flyin2jz View Post
    Craig when's the running of the dozen day? I know I'm not on the dozen so does that keep my from running in the event because my post count is low and don't know a ton of the guys?
    Im having an ALL CAR Shootout on Sept 18th. Meet at a location, DRIVE to the track and bust em off!! Thats the only rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    You've posted enough lately to make the list
    There will be cars from other forums there so Run what ya brung.

Quote Originally Posted by stocknotch View Post
    Nope...Black cars aren't allowed. Rule #137

Black, Pink, Magenta, Primer, Rust, I dont give a shit what color it is. Drive your heap, run at the track! Pretty simple.

Thread Information