Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 437

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMSSVT View Post
    I think if there needs to be so many rules then why the fuck even have the dozen?It doesnt matter if the rules are to a brandnew factory spec car someone will bitch about something.Like he lowerd his tire pressure...or hes running 93 octane instead of 87.See what I mean.Someone will bitch.
    I take it that you think i am bitching, i really do not care. Just the rules say street cars. 1 seat 5 gallon fuel cell 15 dollar a gallon gas slicks no insurance or tags,1gallon rad,towing the car up return road,seperate fuel system for nos is a street car my bad , must have just started racing yesterday.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Middletown
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    I take it that you think i am bitching, i really do not care. Just the rules say street cars. 1 seat 5 gallon fuel cell 15 dollar a gallon gas slicks no insurance or tags,1gallon rad,towing the car up return road,seperate fuel system for nos is a street car my bad , must have just started racing yesterday.
    Picking a fight you can't win. I lose this battle every year. And my cars are at the track every week and raced on the street every weekend

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    springfield
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    I take it that you think i am bitching, i really do not care. Just the rules say street cars. 1 seat 5 gallon fuel cell 15 dollar a gallon gas slicks no insurance or tags,1gallon rad,towing the car up return road,seperate fuel system for nos is a street car my bad , must have just started racing yesterday.
    havent seen anyone run a 1 gallon cooling system or tow's up return road unless something bad happened,
    all have tags to be on the list.
    otherwise sounds like a mean ass streetcar.
    i just have a different idea of what a streetcar is.
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eastgate
    Posts
    2,875

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    colerain
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    If people drive there cars once in a while they would find out if you have promblems . I have all kinds of after market stuff and drive regulary no promblems.Also it should have current tags and insurance . No one said you could not trailer to the track then leave from there. Not being able to work on it when you get there keeps people from changing plugs tires gas for nos tunes and so on . You should also have to have full interior to.
    full interiour is nice but does not make it a street car shit who needs a back seat when you got a funny car cage . shit there is so many bars you cant touch half my inteior . thats what happens when you get fast
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    colerain
    Posts
    985
    Street car is what you make it . If you like driving a 5 gallon fuel cell on the street and only go 40 miles round trip . So what its on the street . If you like burning 15 dollar a gallon gas and having no back seat and a big nos bottle riding shoot gun so what . He is still enjoying driving it down the street . No one said you had to like it just that he likes it and drives it . If you race your car at a track and its fast you got to give up some greacher comforts . Some people think its cool to drive a a fast ass car on the street . Some people think its cool to be slower but have more comfort . Thats what make the world go round
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    Street car is what you make it . If you like driving a 5 gallon fuel cell on the street and only go 40 miles round trip . So what its on the street . If you like burning 15 dollar a gallon gas and having no back seat and a big nos bottle riding shoot gun so what . He is still enjoying driving it down the street . No one said you had to like it just that he likes it and drives it . If you race your car at a track and its fast you got to give up some greacher comforts . Some people think its cool to drive a a fast ass car on the street . Some people think its cool to be slower but have more comfort . Thats what make the world go round
    Thats the promblem , because when you get to that point it is no fun to drive for a night or to costly to drive. have to put it back to street trim switch mufflers change jets tires plugs timing .Thats when it becomes a race car. All i also forgot have to get legit tags and insurance on said car. The dd list would get slower if people meet street car requirements that a street car is.Yes you can drive any car on the street for a short time is it fun yes for a while but it does get old fast that why most of these cars are trailer queens.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Picking a fight you can't win. I lose this battle every year. And my cars are at the track every week and raced on the street every weekend
    I can win this fight because the only people that respond back are the people that are guilty most of the time. By the way i liked your yellowbullet thread.I think that site might have to many fast cars for that stuff through.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    colerain
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    Thats the promblem , because when you get to that point it is no fun to drive for a night or to costly to drive. have to put it back to street trim switch mufflers change jets tires plugs timing .Thats when it becomes a race car. All i also forgot have to get legit tags and insurance on said car. The dd list would get slower if people meet street car requirements that a street car is.Yes you can drive any car on the street for a short time is it fun yes for a while but it does get old fast that why most of these cars are trailer queens.
    most of the cars get trailered to the track because there smart . who want to break something and not have a way home. most people that bitch about trailers dont even race there cars or to slow to break somthing . just becuase you think its to much work dont mean the next guy does .
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    most of the cars get trailered to the track because there smart . who want to break something and not have a way home. most people that bitch about trailers dont even race there cars or to slow to break somthing . just becuase you think its to much work dont mean the next guy does .
    I am all for trailering to the track but to be called a street car that means it has to be driven on the street.As for how fast someone goes depends on wallet size . Some people are et chasers others are bracket racers and some do not care how fast it is.We all no that you dont have to be fast to break something.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Springfield Township
    Posts
    2,629
    the only way to stop the arguments every year, is to get rid of the "street car" title in the DD rules ... then the 12 fastest cars win ... its that simple ...

    "street" cars run on pump gas, have full interior, they are tagged and insured ... they dont have 4.56 gears and a ton of power adders ... it gets too complicated to make a set of rules up for 12 cars to have some bragging rights ...

    make it the fastest 12 cars and be done with it ... we get the same arguments every damn winter ...
    331 Mexican, TW205's, tf box r, Cam Motion Cam 10.41 @129.12

    11.38 @119 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXfVgm9jpd0

    10.98 @123 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBgUh...=youtube_gdata

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    springfield
    Posts
    1,119
    if you need to change jets,timing and plugs for the street your doing something wrong.lol!
    i drive mine on the street just like i race it at the track,mufflers ,slicks and all.
    usually has the t-n-t no. on it still!
    this year will be no diff.
    fact, trailer haters dont own one. lmao!
    they are very nice to have,and yes i own one.
    is that funny car caged beast safer than a no cage stocker? yes.
    lets face it, knowone can fit in the back seat anyway! ford shoulda just left the sucka out.
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sardinia
    Posts
    2,276
    I just like to take my "street" car to the track and race. I try to go faster than the last pass. I have never trailered my car to the track. The only reason is I can't afford a truck and trailer. I also like meeting with people hopefully gain some knowledge and more importantly a friend. My car gets faster every year. When does it ever stop???? I am impressed when I see cars like Jim,Shannons etc that run those ETs with all the comforts with a cage. Very impressive.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sardinia
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    if you need to change jets,timing and plugs for the street your doing something wrong.lol!
    i drive mine on the street just like i race it at the track,mufflers ,slicks and all.
    usually has the t-n-t no. on it still!
    this year will be no diff.
    fact, trailer haters dont own one. lmao!
    they are very nice to have,and yes i own one.
    is that funny car caged beast safer than a no cage stocker? yes.
    lets face it, knowone can fit in the back seat anyway! ford shoulda just left the sucka out.
    trailer hater....nope just jealous! lol
    i keep debating about a cage, I hate to kill some of the "streetability" of the car, mine still goes to soccer practices
    get a S197, the back seat is quite roomy
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    springfield
    Posts
    1,119
    streetcars are not stock daily driver type cars,i think thats where people get confused.
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    springfield
    Posts
    1,119
    Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    trailer hater....nope just jealous! lol
    i keep debating about a cage, I hate to kill some of the "streetability" of the car, mine still goes to soccer practices
    get a S197, the back seat is quite roomy
    im jealous i cant afford a S197 lol!
    a nice tight fitting custom cage will let the rascals still get back there.
    i think your gonna need one anyways soon.
    just tell them its and obstacle course or jungle gym.
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Willamsburg
    Posts
    1,847
    Just change the rules so Fasthawk can get on the list this year
    2006 Black CCSB Powerstroke
    Black C6 Z06

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    burlington
    Posts
    1,001
    Trailer queens is a bad way to look at it, in my opion its a money saver. I have broken shit at the track so many times that some of these so called trailer queen cars have driven their cars home so mine could be trailered home! So that should mean that they are street cars, because they were legal for the street. And it dosent matter what anyones opion of a street car is! The only one that matters is the police! If you can get pulled over and not get busted for an illeagal car than it must be a street car!!

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Eastgate
    Posts
    2,875
    LOL at the streetcar debate. The real question is how much street time are these cars seeing? Fast cars that get driven often is where its at. No disrespect to the guys that dont drive their shit.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    7,542
    Quote Originally Posted by bbfstanger View Post
    a nice tight fitting custom cage will let the rascals still get back there. i think your gonna need one anyways soon.
    just tell them its and obstacle course or jungle gym.
    Its NEVER a good idea to let others ride around all that rigid, unforgiving material. A good cage is designed to protect the driver, and in some cases the passenger provided the occupants are wearing all their other protective gear (helmets, harness, etc.) I don't know of any cage designs that take in to consideration rear seat passengers. And forget the padding argument. Even the SFI pads are designed to help a HELMETED head withstand the impact. The soft foam padding does absolutely nothing in an impact, it is more there to protect you from banging your body parts as you get in or out. Let's be honest, if you have a cage in your car and you drive without a helmet you are taking a risk, period. Let's not get kids hurt.
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!



    -- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •