Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Dirty Dozen Discussion Thread

This is a 30 year old argument that people wont stop having. If you want a mild streetcar that gets driven a lot, great, enjoy. If you want a fast ass knuckle dragging street car thats a bitch to drive, stinks, breaks a lot, gets horrible gas mileage (thats really expensive), but has license plates so you can drive it when/where YOU choose to.....great, enjoy. I prefer the latter.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

The "street" car argument will continue on until the end of time. You have to set the clock back a few years to understand how all of this started. Vinny simply stated "wouldn't it be cool of everyone could drive out to a track one day and we could all find out who has the baddest street car?" Once that can of worms was opened we have endured these conversations every year.

The way I look at it is like has been already mentioned - if you are driving it on the street and get pulled over, would the car be legal? (I will alter that thinking so that things like NO2 bottles can be hooked up, slicks be used, etc.) Basically I agree with Vinny's thinking of old, if it is licensed and insured it should be considered a street car.
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Black Horse View Post
    Its NEVER a good idea to let others ride around all that rigid, unforgiving material. A good cage is designed to protect the driver, and in some cases the passenger provided the occupants are wearing all their other protective gear (helmets, harness, etc.) I don't know of any cage designs that take in to consideration rear seat passengers. And forget the padding argument. Even the SFI pads are designed to help a HELMETED head withstand the impact. The soft foam padding does absolutely nothing in an impact, it is more there to protect you from banging your body parts as you get in or out. Let's be honest, if you have a cage in your car and you drive without a helmet you are taking a risk, period. Let's not get kids hurt.
    Life is risk, you gotta roll the dice occasionally. I used to sleep on the rear package tray of my parents mid 70's Oldsmobile, ride in the back of pickups, and I'm still here. You cant live a risky life without things biting you occasionally, but you cant stay in a padded room either.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    Life is risk, you gotta roll the dice occasionally. I used to sleep on the rear package tray of my parents mid 70's Oldsmobile, ride in the back of pickups, and I'm still here. You cant live a risky life without things biting you occasionally, but you cant stay in a padded room either.
    i always remember us riding in the back of pickups as a kid, never a big deal
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Basically I agree with Vinny's thinking of old, if it is licensed and insured it should be considered a street car.[/QUOTE]

Atta Boy
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

I agree with what somebody said earlier. There is always going to be bitching about the list as long as it includes the word ''STREET'' cars. Fuck it, just make it the 12 fastest cars on SBZ with 2 rules. Liscensed and insured. and be done with it

then you could always have another list for the slow guys with what they consider "real" street cars that way they have a way to be on a list besides bitching about the definaition of street car

I think some people get the DD confused. It means DIRTY DOZEN. Not DAILY DRIVERS. Most of these cars on here are built for weekends, nicedays, cruises, and shows.The ones that wont even get on the dozen. I would prob. bet, that anyone on the DD could go outside to go to work, and there daily driver not start, they could drive there old hotrod if they needed. To me thats a street car.

Or u could make a rule saying if you have never been on the dozen or currently not on it, you dont get to give your .2 cents on the rules.

I agree as it was started if it has tags and insurance (but has anyone ever really shown proof of insurance) that it is a street car. If someone wants to drive a hollow shell more power to them. If someone wants to run a car with all the creature comforts, thats great too. I had fun this year (like every year) putting times up on the list. If I got bumped so be it, if not great I got a sticker and something to smile about. Isn't that was this was supposed to be about. People enjoying themselves at the track, trying to run the best ETs they can? I will always throw my name in the hat for this.
    2006 Mustang GT "Shirley" sold 11.37
    2011 Mustang GT "Ashley" Bone stock?

I say keep them the way Vinny made them and stop trying to change the damn thing every year. Its just a sticker at the end any way so go race and have fun(which is what the thing started as in the first place)
    2011 Gt/Cs 1 of 23 Grabber Blue with glass roof.
    3.8 Whipple supercharged, E85, TH400 tuned by Palm Beach Dyno

^^^
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

Quote Originally Posted by firestang70 View Post
    I agree as it was started if it has tags and insurance (but has anyone ever really shown proof of insurance) that it is a street car.
    The first time I ever met Vinny was him walking up to me, introducing himself, then asking to see my proof of insurance, lol.
    #12 2007 dirty dozen

Quote Originally Posted by JIMSSVT View Post
    Just change the rules so Fasthawk can get on the list this year
    My car is fastest enough to make the list now {ALL MOTOR] with full int subs amp cd changer radio tags insurance and i do drive it.Thats also being a stick no cross breeded glide.
    Last edited by fasthawk; 01-06-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Just change the rules so the #1 gets a free pass for the next year so I don't have to be afraid of the DD curse and I can go ahead and put my times up this year!
    Fix.t
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Fix.t
    Get off my back asshole...Im not posted so just stop with me.Ok?
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Quote Originally Posted by fasthawk View Post
    My car is fastest enough to make the list now {ALL MOTOR] with full int subs amp cd changer radio tags insurance and i do drive it.Thats also being a stick no cross breeded glide.
    Man...are you trying to single out one person or what?
    2014 CTS V-sport

Get off my back asshole...Im not posted so just stop with me.Ok?
    as opposed to your front asshole? lol

somethings gotta get ya back on the list
    2022 F150 10.76

as opposed to your front asshole? lol

somethings gotta get ya back on the list
    Aint no way im postin again...Thanks
    2014 CTS V-sport

Aint no way im postin again...Thanks
    skeeerd?

seriously though, i think, you have a bad ass ride and it should be on there imo
    2022 F150 10.76

skeeerd?

seriously though, i think, you have a bad ass ride and it should be on there imo
    Not scared of anything...My 14 second timeslips wouldnt last long anyways
    2014 CTS V-sport

Thread Information