Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Gould #15 project

Quote Originally Posted by draggin50 View Post
    Ok its running!!!! I still have the same surging idle problem as I did before but its is running. I think I need to adjust my fuel pressure down since I have the 42 lb injectors it seems to be a little rich. I currently have it at 43 psi and Im going to bring it down to around 38 or 40. Timing is at 12 degrees and it just doesnt want to idle. Its starting to piss me off. Motor runs great but I have a slight miss along with a little vibration around 2800 rpm's. I think I may have a rocker to tight causing the dead cylinder or it could be a fouled plug. Ill check it out tomorrow and hopefully have it running good.
    what air meter you running? if it's a c&l swap it out i bet thats you surging problem,i've seen a few mustangs over the yrs with c@l meters have crappy idle issues,are clocking the meter to? food for thought.that motor from mike should thump
    Plan b is to finish plan a

Here is a picture of the orange car when I had it.
    I met a guy at a gas station out in my town that had this car, but it had white 97-98-ish GT wheels on it... This has probably been almost 2 years or so

is the compresion good on all holes blower and turbo moters tend to burn rings and head gaskets thats wear id start

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman View Post
    I met a guy at a gas station out in my town that had this car, but it had white 97-98-ish GT wheels on it... This has probably been almost 2 years or so
    Where you talking? Most likely it was me. I had those wheels on it when I bought it and then I put the Alumastars on it.

Quote Originally Posted by red srides View Post
    is the compresion good on all holes blower and turbo moters tend to burn rings and head gaskets thats wear id start
    It did the same thing on my old motor. The only thing the same is the intake and tb. Ill be working on it tomorrow and Ill figure it out.

Ok I got it all running and its great... Except for I have a slight vibration at 2200 rpm's. I shut it down and talked to Mike. Im going Monday to pick up the original flywheel and going to put it in. So today I get to pull the tranny and start tearing back into it. Never know I might order a TKO for it as well since its already going to be apart!!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Trade ya those heads for your old T5 if you pull it?
    Dan Badger

Ok I got it all running and its great... Except for I have a slight vibration at 2200 rpm's. I shut it down and talked to Mike. Im going Monday to pick up the original flywheel and going to put it in. So today I get to pull the tranny and start tearing back into it. Never know I might order a TKO for it as well since its already going to be apart!!!
    Well, before you buy a TKO somewhere, get with me. I might be able to get you the hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Well, before you buy a TKO somewhere, get with me. I might be able to get you the hook up.
    Sounds good! Hopefully Ill know something soon. Ill be up tomorrow to get the flywheel so I might just leave the tranny out until I get the TKO.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Cool, I have a TKO 600 sitting there brand new in a box, and I have another older model TKO coming in this week that will be for sale as well.

Brian looks like the car is coming along nicely.
    Derek Wamsley
    J&J Racing
    jjracing2008.com

Thumbs up

Thanks Derek! What are you working on now? We'll have to get together sometime and hang out.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I am working on my 85 right now. Hoping to have it to the track in 2011. Yeah we will have to get together, Raz told me you are working at Wilmington now.
    Derek Wamsley
    J&J Racing
    jjracing2008.com

Yeah working at the airpark for as long as it holds out. Never know from day to day. Its good work and great experience. Yeah just send me a pm with your number and as soon as I get the car together and it warms up I'll bring it over.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Where you talking? Most likely it was me. I had those wheels on it when I bought it and then I put the Alumastars on it.
    It was out in Sardinia, where Steves LX lives.. he and I are like 2 minutes from each other, but it was at a gas station in town.

I think maybe it was the guy you sold it to? It had for sale signs in like every window though... was it you?

Nope wasnt me. Probably the guy who sold it to a car lot right before I got it.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Car looks good Brian,cant wait to see it.

Yeah youll have to stop by sometime. I dont know how far its going to go money wise and how long its going to be down.

Ok I got the new flywheel today from Dayton Performance which was originally installed on the motor and I did manage to get the old one out. Here is a picture of the 2 side by side. The one with the weight on it was bought used and is the one that caused the vibration. The original flywheel from DP is the one without the weight
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1992 Gould GT project...

OK by the way Im not positive that the flywheel caused the vibration. I had talked it over with Mike and this is what we had came to. Once I get everything back together Ill know for sure. If anyone has any info on flywheels and can tell me the difference between the two please do!!!
    1992 Gould GT project...

Thread Information