Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Gould #15 project

Nice progress!!! Let me know when you hit the track or the streets for that matter, should be a mean one!!! I will buy a ticket to ride

BTW....does Bundy still have #14??

bundy will take that car to his grave,believe me i dont think he would sell it for any amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALSTANG View Post
    BTW....does Bundy still have #14??
    Yep he still has it. he`s living out in Oklahoma and I talked to him a wile back and he said its just sitting in the garage. I think he said he hasnt drove the car in years. You can stop by anytime. Once I get it going it should be a runner!

brian,tell your buddy that i will take 4grand for my coupe,no wheels and a stock hood,glad to see you get your car going,btw that offer is only good for 2 days,found something i may want .

Quote Originally Posted by 1baddlx View Post
    brian,tell your buddy that i will take 4grand for my coupe,no wheels and a stock hood,glad to see you get your car going,btw that offer is only good for 2 days,found something i may want .
    That sucks. I wouldve bought it just to have for that price! Ill let him know and Ill see what I can do for the cash myself as well.

im not going to post it,ive only got ten grand in it in all reality,if its going to sell it better be quik if not its going to get redone sometime in the future.

Alright I made some progress today!!! I got the new flywheel in and put most of it back together. The tranny is back in and all bolted up now and filled with fluid. I do however still have to put on the new X-pipe i bought off of 93LXhatch and bolt the exhaust back together. So here is the good part!!! I started it up and it fired right over and guess what? My vibration is gone. Completely smooth throughout the entire RPM range.. Finally and Im so happy!!! It does still have a few bugs that need worked out and then I'm going to get with Matt at Dayton Performance for a good tuning! Hopefully in the next week or two it will be completed. Im looking forward to tomorrow to finish it up and actually take it down the street to see how it does. Ill update then. Thanks Mike!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

No problem man, glad to hear you got it sorted out! Can't wait for my ride.

Yeah Im pretty excited. Ill get a hold of them at the shop and set up a time and date for some tuning.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Well I finally got to drive it. Put maybe 2 miles on it now. I still have some bugs to work out but its getting there. I have an oil leak issue with the passenger side valve cover and it looks like its leaking out of the dipstick as well. I'll get them eventually, but for now I'm done. I love the way the X-pipe sounds though!
    1992 Gould GT project...

After coming home from driving it I did notice I had some condensation in the oil fill. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or not? Seems to run great and pulls pretty good. Still needs tuned and possibley new plugs and wires. Heres a picture of the oil fill and it sitting outside!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1992 Gould GT project...

My fill tube looked exactly like that a couple weeks ago. People have been telling me its normal this time of year but I have never had it happen before on any of my other cars Congrats on getting it going!

Quote Originally Posted by AntiRice347 View Post
    My fill tube looked exactly like that a couple weeks ago. People have been telling me its normal this time of year but I have never had it happen before on any of my other cars Congrats on getting it going!
    Yeah I havent seen it before on any of my other motors either. Maybe it has to do with Global Warming! I dont know. Maybe its just got alot to do with all the snow we`ve had and the moisture in the air. Thanks!

other than a couple little problems this thing runs awesome

Since it was an E85 motor, it could be condensation, but I sent you a reply to your PM, I want you to get it to Matt and I will have him go over it. We'll make sure that's all it is. That's too nice of an engine to just ignore it. Whatever it is, we'll figure it out and if it needs something, it'll get fixed for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by NXcoupe View Post
    Since it was an E85 motor, it could be condensation, but I sent you a reply to your PM, I want you to get it to Matt and I will have him go over it. We'll make sure that's all it is. That's too nice of an engine to just ignore it. Whatever it is, we'll figure it out and if it needs something, it'll get fixed for sure!
    I sent ya a couple pm's back. I'll go ahead and set something up and trailer the car up. We'll get it figured out. Thanks for all your help Mike!

And for anyone else, Mike has been there for all my questions and helped me out in every pinch I have been in. I was interested in the motor and he gave me a good deal on it and we spoke often on it. I couldn't have asked for a better person to deal with. Dayton Performance will get my business for years to come.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Ok just got the car dropped off at Dayton Performance for some needed tuning and to check out a few things. Ill pick it up next week sometime and post up more info and how its doing. Maybe get some dyno numbers up!! Thanks DP!

Looks great Brian,That condinsation is probably from this weather change and all the moisture we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot View Post
    Looks great Brian,That condinsation is probably from this weather change and all the moisture we have had.
    Thats kind of what we are thinkin. Im sure its nothing. The motor runs great and feels real good even though its running a little rich.

Thread Information