Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Gould #15 project

Brian, matt will get on it asap and run every test we discussed, just to make sure I don't need to do anything to it. We need to get a hose on that nipple off of the filler tube and eventually get another breather somewhere since you don't have a PCV in that intake. Every engine makes a little crankcase pressure, and it also sucks in outside air through that nipple. That's where a nice catch can would come in handy. look at my r/s car's setup next time you're up there.
    I am very curious to see what hp it will put out all motor with that blower cam and lower compression. It made an easy 600 with the blower, so I'm excited to see what it will make.

Yeah Mike I looked at your R/S car while I was there today and Matt showed me how you had yours ran into a vented catch can. I like that set up. Matt said he is going to tee in a pcv valve in the vacuum line. I am anxious thats for sure!! It seems as I'm not having much luck with anything lately since the hood ordeal and then I bent a dipstick so I bought a new one and the dipstick is hitting the main girdle apparently. It goes in till about the last inch and just stops. Then loading it on the trailer this morning I scratched the front bumper cover up a little bit. I guess thats my magic brown finger!! Everything I touch is turning to shit! But my hopes are high and I'm still breathing somewhat fresh air so life is good! I also looked at the D1SC that is sitting there... I am thinkin hard on that but the wife isnt to happy with me spending so much on the car when I need a new garage built and she is wanting a concrete patio poured outback so it might have to wait. I told Matt Id see what happens this weekend and let him know. Thanks for all the help Mike!!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

I have been driving my car alot the last couple days and the milkshake is gone from the cap so I'm sure yours is fine to. Any dyno numbers yet?

No dyno numbers yet. It should be done Monday sometime. Matt has been taking care of everything for me and checkin it all out. Im anxious to see how it does myself!

Saw your car at the shop yesterday, looks good man!!

Thanks Mark! Hopefully everything will get squared away and run like a dream. I cant wait!

Well dyno numbers will be up tomorrow. I talked to Matt and so far so good. Im so excited. He told me what its made so far but we`ll see if that stays or if it goes up anymore. I cant wait to get it back and to the track! Thanks Mike and everyone at Dayton Performance!

the motor looks great in the begin. looks like mine now

what did it dyno???

I cant say just yet since its not finished and I dont have exact numbers. If Mike knows he can post some up whenever.

Lookin good!! Let me know when it makes the track debut!! Should be a fun ride for ya!!

It should be out in a couple weeks. Still have a few small things to do to it when I get it back. Steph said ya stopped by the other day. I got Jesse`s car in the garage putting Performer heads Rpm 2 intake and a bunch of other stuff on it. Ill let ya know when mine comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALSTANG View Post
    BTW....does Bundy still have #14??
    Yes when bundy moved to oklahoma i tried to get him to have the car transported out there and he was scared to.so my wife took a week of vacation and we trailered it out for him.we have flown him home a few times to visit since he has been out there.and are planning on visiting him again out there in june.the car just sits.

Ole Bundy sure is a character! I bet that car is just as nice today as it was 10 or 15 years ago when we all used to run Hillsboro's streets! I dont talk to him much anymore since he's out there but I still do every now and then on the internet. It always was a nice car!
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Not to go off topic but he had a nice Capri that sat in his garage also...I wonder if he still has that one?? He was a nice enough guy, I rode with him to trails once, he about killed me on ET streets merging on 71 south

I will try and stop by this week sometime or next!! good luck with the ride!!

to the group of us that were around when Bundy was, a 6" hood will always be refered to as a "Bundy Hood"

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALSTANG View Post
    Not to go off topic but he had a nice Capri that sat in his garage also...I wonder if he still has that one?? He was a nice enough guy, I rode with him to trails once, he about killed me on ET streets merging on 71 south

I will try and stop by this week sometime or next!! good luck with the ride!!
    I bought the capri from him right before he moved to oklahoma.I sold it to another friend of mine and he had it a few years and sold it and I do not know where it ended up.

The Bundy hood!!! I remember that! He was something else. We`d all have the cars up in Hillsboro and take off to go do some street racing and he wouldnt ever race. Probably the only smart one out of the bunch. I never did see the Capri he had.

whats the wait on the dyno # is it that bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by red srides View Post
    whats the wait on the dyno # is it that bad lol
    Actually we ran into some issues with it. It is done now though but I have to pick it up Saturday. I`ll let ya know when I get it home.

Thread Information