Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss......

Smack did ok and he sucks at racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Absolutely not. We were putting the cash for the fastest car at the shoot out. Not the DD.
    Agreed!!....also i think in order to be eligible to win the cash you need to put in the cash......My vote is $100 buy in and the fastest pass of the day takes the cash that way someone doesnt come and put in $5 bucks and get the same opportunity to win with people that put up $100.....And if the guy with the fastest pass also drives well and wins the qwk 16 shootout then they get the money and the plaque

I cant believe I only see 5 people on the list for the money......Wheres everybody?????
    Jay?
    Foss?
    Tino?
    Jim?
    Eddie?
    I know im forgetting some people too.....lets do this once and for all and see who has the baddest car
    Last edited by JROUTLAW331; 01-30-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    347...98/88..bs3...ams-1000...glide..9 inch...1100 rwhp at 6700 on 24 pds with hydr roller.

we posted up 100 for house of horsepower dont know why its not up there
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    o.k.....But how many menber are there in house of horsepower?....Shouldnt be $100 for each menber ?
    347...98/88..bs3...ams-1000...glide..9 inch...1100 rwhp at 6700 on 24 pds with hydr roller.

imo if its just the fastest pass then there is realy no reason for a cruz there will be 6 or 8 cars that can man up cash just let them go to e20 and have it out . now if your doing the cruz you need to have a shootout kind of goes and in hand shows your a bad street car that can go some rounds instead of a car that can make a little drive and cool off for hours and make one pass
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by JROUTLAW331 View Post
    o.k.....But how many menber are there in house of horsepower?....Shouldnt be $100 for each menber ?
    if thats the buy in we can put 100 for every car entered as of now its just one car . but see what happens with the rules might be more

imo if its just the fastest pass then there is realy no reason for a cruz there will be 6 or 8 cars that can man up cash just let them go to e20 and have it out . now if your doing the cruz you need to have a shootout kind of goes and in hand shows your a bad street car that can go some rounds instead of a car that can make a little drive and cool off for hours and make one pass
    It should be the same rulz as last years shootout...(meet up ,cruise, qualify for top 16 etc...).... just with the extra side challenge of the fastest pass during the event.....There aint gonna be no trailor queen crap....its about having the fastest street car
    Last edited by JROUTLAW331; 01-30-2011 at 08:16 AM.

i like the way it was last year . i think part of being a fast street car is being fast pass after pass.. you could see that the 10 min turn around was starting to take its toll on some of the cars witch is the same stuff that a street car has to go threw . most people can ice down the motor and change a few things and get on fast pass but let him have to go a round then have to do it again in 10 mins the car has to be set up a little diffent . i mean if we are just looking for the fastest pass then those cars on here i can count on my left hand. now having to go rounds and be fast the list just grew

It should be the same rulz as last years shootout...(meet up ,cruise, qualify for top 16 etc...).... just with the extra side challenge of the fastest pass during the event.....There aint gonna be no trailor queen crap....its about having the fastest street car
    AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought the dd list was for the fastest street cars and thats why people quit posting #s because they were not driving the cars on the street anymore and the list slowed down.

Dont change the shootout it worked great. Would like to see the street issue be inforced a little better but it was all good when a real street car won anyway.

As far as this run whatyabrug stuff i think this needs to go to edgewater on a fri night because there will only be a couple cars run for the money anyway. I have already been told 1 car will not do this at tri-skate.

Were not scared of tristate . I loved it last time. The track itself is like driven on the street .haha

Reson everone stoped postin was the whiny people crying all the time instead of stepin up

I dont know why my names up there. I know EVERYONE on this site has their doubts about me even getting mine running, let alone run the number...For a whole summer...
    Xtreme Outlaw Series
    S&M Motorsports llc
    Precision Turbo
    Performance Torque Converters
    Leash Electronics

I just threw my $20 in because I want to see it happen. Thought maybe a few other people would too and help up the pot just to see some of the fastest cars on here get it!

My car most likely wont be done and if it is, probably wouldnt be fast enough anyways. I just hope I can make it to the SCS with it.
    1992 Mustang LX Coupe, 302, PA C4 and On3 70mm.
    1993 Reef Blue hatch, 347, 3550, and a kit.
    1992 Gould GT project...

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    One Race.

So now we are at.....$520!!

Craig (Cincy Speed)..............$100
    Craig Metcalf.......................$100
    Eric Weyda..........................$100
    Mike (Dayton Performance)....$100
    House of Horsepower.............$100
    Draggin5oh..........................$20
    Fixed.

Agreed!!....also i think in order to be eligible to win the cash you need to put in the cash......My vote is $100 buy in and the fastest pass of the day takes the cash that way someone doesnt come and put in $5 bucks and get the same opportunity to win with people that put up $100.....And if the guy with the fastest pass also drives well and wins the qwk 16 shootout then they get the money and the plaque

I cant believe I only see 5 people on the list for the money......Wheres everybody?????
    Jay?
    Foss?
    Tino?
    Jim?
    Eddie?
    I know im forgetting some people too.....lets do this once and for all and see who has the baddest car
    Im thinking $100 will make a lot of the 11-9.90 cars NOT show up. Why waste $100 when you know a 10.20 is not gonna get it done.

I have quite a few New customers that have never been down the track. They heard about the SCS last year and cant wait to do it again. I tell them they have to Man up and toss in $100 to race their 12sec Camaro, they wont show. We will have to work on the $$ situation. As I want A LOT of Street Cars showing up!!

Dayton Performance and Cincy Speed has thrown in $100 each to the winner, but we need to determine what the winner is....Fastest ONE pass of the day or the Winner of the Shootout??

Got it!

We can do the DD at E20 on a Friday night as its the Fastest Pass and we dont have to worry about the Q16 Shoot-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowpastyou View Post
    I dont know why my names up there. I know EVERYONE on this site has their doubts about me even getting mine running, let alone run the number...For a whole summer...

Well prove everyone wrong!

Keep the ideas coming!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

run the shoot out the same way as last year. with an OPTIONAL 100 dollar buy in. the 100 bucks must be given at the registration and only those who buy in are eligable to take home the cash. and it should be the winner of the quick 16 not the time trials. in a big money street race its on one race......which is more like the final q16 race not who can muster together the best time during a whole day of racing

I have never done more than go to test and tunes for the hell of it. But here is my idea.... Why not have everyone just put in $10 or $20 to run for the fun of it. Even if they know they can not win they might be willing to at least put that much in the pot for the winner?...maybe also give out a window banner just saying "2011 Stangbangerz Shootout" or something for everyone who runs. Then make a list of the top 10 or 12 for the event/year, but also make a complete list showing everyone who ran. That way they can have braging rights on cars with similar set ups.
    2017 BMW 430i
    2012 Chevy Impala 9C3

i was thinking the winner of the race should be a take all thing.
    not the fastest pass of the day my .02
    when a stroker windsor just wont do

Like I said before if we want to do a fastest pass there realy will only be 3 to 5 cars that could run 8.50 or faster. And being real that's what its going to take . Now I think we do a shootout style where the cars have to hold up to the track and the pace . I think you need to let the slower cars have a chance to prove and show that they have a fast car that. Can hold up . . The money realy just gets the fast cars a reson to show up . I mean. If you have the fastest car you should win the shootout so it should not matter . I mean its cool to have the fastest pass but if you can't. Seal the deal not much cool ness there

Hope we go to the faster tree

We are liking the Winner of the Shootout take home the $? I like that as well. Like you guys said, it weeds out the trailer cars and showcases the actual "streetcar"

So we will run everything EXACTLY like last years SCS 2010. "Top Gun" (Fastest Car) will get a Plaque stating the fact that he had the fastest ET of the day. EVERYONE that shows up and registers will get a SCS 2011 Sticker. It will cost you NOTHING to qualify!!
    NOW, when we determine the Q16, thats when it should be mandatory to pay up $50 or $100 from each of the cars qualified. (The amount will be left up to you guys) And I will toss in my $100 and Ill check and see if Mike wants his $100 to go here, or to Vinny's DD.
    Either way, the winner is looking at a Great chunck of $$$!!

$50 x 16 (Qualified) = $800 + $100 (Cincy Speed) = $900 + $100 (Dayton Performance)= $1000!!!

The other option.....

$100 x 16 = $1600 + $100 = $1700 + $100 = $1800!!!

You guys realize this will DEFINITELY bring out other cars from the area as this payout is more than most heads up classes pay!!! You ready for it?

I have no dog in this hunt, but I would really like to see the $ go to someone local and one that I know. Big $$ brings out the BIG DAWGS!!! I mean this is Yellow Bullet material!!

Ideas, comments, suggestions? Keep em coming!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Thread Information