Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Discuss......

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    Hope we go to the faster tree
    Yes. No one likes winning due to a Red light!!! But they will still take the $$!!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

That money is gonna cause a problem for the slower guys. My times last year would have put me 5th in last years SCS, but nowhere close enough to hang with the top 3 cars, unless they had huge issues. A guy thats 12th or lower on the ladder is gonna be throwing cash into a deal he has no shot at.
    Last edited by evil8; 01-30-2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

16. Ryan Richards, 87 Mustang. 11.606@120.08
    15. Greg Thomas, 91 Mustang. 11.577@116.21
    14. David Roe, 90 Mustang. 11.563@117.12
    13. Steve Schmitt, 89 Mustang. 11.561@118.76
    12. Brian Barth, 72 Nova. 11.487@116.44
    11. Rick Hohweiler, 01 TA. 11.464@118.43
    10. Rick Terry, 93 Mustang. 11.458@118.6
    9. Bill Metcalf, 86 Mustang. 11.355@119.6
    8. Steven Rocks, 97 Supra. 11.319@127.4
    7. Michael Ritter, 79 Malibu. 11.191@117.72
    6. Tim Gentil, 04 Evo. 11.042@118.35
    5. Mike Foss, 93 Mustang. 10.616@127.73
    4. Jeff Cummings, 69 Corvette. 10.270@130.32
    3. Shawn Pevlor, 89 Mustang. 10.080@139.75
    2. Zach Simmons, 88 Mustang. 9.495@143.72

1. Brandon Adkins, 87 Mustang. 9.460@145.37

If its anything like last year, you're gonna be asking guys to throw in loot into a pot that has guys that are 2 seconds or more quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

that list will look nothing like that this time alot of the faster cars never showed but will this year . i like keeping it and 50 that way your not asking to much ..
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Set up a 100 dollar buy in list of people. Then at the end of the day and all the dust settles...whoever on that list made the fastest pass wins the money. It wouldn't be right for a guy to win the money if he doesn't have the balls to throw in his 100. Show up, throw Craig your 100, put your shit in the beams and find out who's the baddest mother fucker there. If you can't do that, sit back and watch those that can.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    We are liking the Winner of the Shootout take home the $? I like that as well. Like you guys said, it weeds out the trailer cars and showcases the actual "streetcar"

So we will run everything EXACTLY like last years SCS 2010. "Top Gun" (Fastest Car) will get a Plaque stating the fact that he had the fastest ET of the day. EVERYONE that shows up and registers will get a SCS 2011 Sticker. It will cost you NOTHING to qualify!!
    NOW, when we determine the Q16, thats when it should be mandatory to pay up $50 or $100 from each of the cars qualified. (The amount will be left up to you guys) And I will toss in my $100 and Ill check and see if Mike wants his $100 to go here, or to Vinny's DD.
    Either way, the winner is looking at a Great chunck of $$$!!

$50 x 16 (Qualified) = $800 + $100 (Cincy Speed) = $900 + $100 (Dayton Performance)= $1000!!!

The other option.....

$100 x 16 = $1600 + $100 = $1700 + $100 = $1800!!!

You guys realize this will DEFINITELY bring out other cars from the area as this payout is more than most heads up classes pay!!! You ready for it?

I have no dog in this hunt, but I would really like to see the $ go to someone local and one that I know. Big $$ brings out the BIG DAWGS!!! I mean this is Yellow Bullet material!!

Ideas, comments, suggestions? Keep em coming!!
    Thats Fine by me if the money goes to the winner of the Q16 as long as they pay the buy-in(whatever everyone thinks is fair) that way a car cant just go out and run a pass and then just quit and wait to get the $$$ they need to prove they have a true street car by goin rounds.
    But thats a negative on bringing out the "big dawgs" your talking about.....there should be stipulations on who can enter for the $$$.
    This is a stangbangerz event put on for stangbangerz menbers...I dont care if people from outside the board enter the shootout BUT this $$$ challenge was to give they guys on THIS site with the more powerful cars some motivation to show up and run at the event and prove who has the baddest car on stangbangerz!!
    Also agree on th pro tree!
    Last edited by JROUTLAW331; 01-30-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    347...98/88..bs3...ams-1000...glide..9 inch...1100 rwhp at 6700 on 24 pds with hydr roller.

Screw the tree...I think we should have Craig launching everyone from the line Pinks style....true racing for true street cars!
    I can "Visualize Whirrled Peas" - thanks for the ride Vinny, it was much too short!

-- Dave
    Resident Philosopher

dot tires !!!!! STREETCAR
    house of horspowerold school dirty dozen member back when the list was fast and post counts did not matter !:

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    dot tires !!!!! STREETCAR
    Yeah. Street tires, No slicks , Must be DOT .. For real i know some of you all do roll around on slicks but its a STEET car shootout..

Lol. Why is everyone scared of slicks? If peoples gonna cry for STREET tires let's just meet up wherever on the STREET and STREET race our STREET cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Horse View Post
    Screw the tree...I think we should have Craig launching everyone from the line Pinks style....true racing for true street cars!
    Then we would have prob with guys leaving early and some poeple will say he didnt and some will say he did.. Thats how that works when you have money on the line.. Hell if everyones does run in this i think the quick 16 will be close.. But I think we may have some 8 sec Street Cars this time, The high 9 low 10 guys, Are not going to want to pay to get it when they will lose..
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Whyucryn View Post
    Lol. Why is everyone scared of slicks? If peoples gonna cry for STREET tires let's just meet up wherever on the STREET and STREET race our STREET cars?
    Then again like you are saying, When you start going that fast. It shouldnt matter what tire you are on, Its going to either work or its not.. It is what it is i guess on that rule.. They let them in last year so why change it now.. After all wasnt the car who won the quick 16 on Drag Radials

I think the bigger money might be a problem for the slower guys too. You might be better served, turnout wise, if you leave the Cincy Speed and Dayton Performance money as the first place prize and then let all the fast guys who want to get down for a $100 buy-in or whatever, run a side pot.

Either way, its gonna be cool as hell. I'm guessing the bump will be a second quicker or more this year.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

I'll put my money in because I said I would but I think I'm going to sit this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Metcalf Racing View Post
    I'll put my money in because I said I would but I think I'm going to sit this out.
    what you back down from a race ??????

Quote Originally Posted by JASON408 View Post
    what you back down from a race ??????
    I'm not really feeling it.

Too many people trying to throw in BS rules. The money was brought up because a select few guys on here are arguing about who has the fastest car. Not who is going to be #1 on the dirty dozen. Why not just all you guys on here that know each other and think you have the fastest car throw in X amount of money and set a date to be at the track and whoever puts up the fastest ET takes home the money? Just leave stangbangerz/dirty dozen/streetcar shootout, out of it.
    Last edited by Whyucryn; 01-30-2011 at 08:22 PM.

nothing wrong with saying you just arent fast enough just never thought i would have heard you say that !!!

Too many people trying to throw in BS rules.
    I wouldnt worry about that. It seems like the ones who complain about the rules are the ones that are not going be running.
    Xtreme Outlaw Series
    S&M Motorsports llc
    Precision Turbo
    Performance Torque Converters
    Leash Electronics

Too many people trying to throw in BS rules.
    whats the bs rule ??????

Thread Information