Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 91 Mini Tubbed Mustang Coupe

91 Mini Tubbed Mustang Coupe

Hey everyone,
    Just taken new ownership of Craig Newport's coupe, I have many plans for this. To start I am building a Dart blocked 434W, trying to decide to run my built Powerglide or put a TKO 600 in it, what does everyone else think? I know to bracket race it the Powerglide would be the obvious choice, but I really like the idea of the UMTR class. Do not have any pictures of my own yet, I am sure many of you have seen the pictures of his post when it was put up for sale, I will post pictures as I go. Open to suggestions and or comments.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

real race cars have 3 pedals just saying
    glad to see it went to a good home have fun with it
    89 GT on the juice, 90 FHP SSP, 89 blue coupe, 72 Malibu
    Barney the 90lx , , 96 F250 PSD 4x4 96 f250 psd
    88lx roller 4sale

Any power adders? Build it to the classes thats affordable for you and what you'd like to run and whether or not you want it streetable or not...that's my advice...Good luck with the build!
    "Beat it with a stick"

Im puting a car together for umtr also, its just not a true mustang without the clutch pedal!! lol

The Bad Boy!

I have the oppertunity to purchase a TKO 600. It has the blow proof bellhousing, Billet fly wheel, spec stage 3 clutch, and a Steeda billet shifter. I am parting out my big block car to pay for this build. The coupe has all Strange Engineering suspension w/ Wilwood disc brakes all the way around. Need to get a rollcage put in it and have it painted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fast4You View Post
    I have the oppertunity to purchase a TKO 600. It has the blow proof bellhousing, Billet fly wheel, spec stage 3 clutch, and a Steeda billet shifter. I am parting out my big block car to pay for this build. The coupe has all Strange Engineering suspension w/ Wilwood disc brakes all the way around. Need to get a rollcage put in it and have it painted.
    Thats what ill be running, TKO600, Quicktime Bell, Steeda Triax, Billet steel flywheel and a spec stage 3+!! Oh it will be behind a 408w!! Ill be out in the spring with mine, i hope you go the umtr route and hi=ope to see you out there!!!

The Bad Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by orangedemon331 View Post
    Ill be out in the spring with mine
    ill believe it when i see it

Thats what ill be running, TKO600, Quicktime Bell, Steeda Triax, Billet steel flywheel and a spec stage 3+!! Oh it will be behind a 408w!! Ill be out in the spring with mine, i hope you go the umtr route and hi=ope to see you out there!!!
    I hope to see you out there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
    ill believe it when i see it
    And where has your car been for years?? The orange car will be done in the winter, im putting it together myself!!!!

The Bad Boy!

I hear the TKO600 is a beast of a tranny.
    1990 gt, trick flow heads, intake manifolds, TFS stage one cam, #30 injectors, 75mm t body, C&L elbow, full american thunder exhaust, chrome cobra r's, lowered yata yata yata

06 6.0 f350
    67 shelby gt500

Good luck with the project man!! Great to see the car stayed local and will be finished. Definitely make sure to snap some pics and post them along the way. If you need any help with posting them up lemme know and Ill help ya out.
    2011 Black on Black GT

Good luck with the build. Big inch windsor with a stick sounds pretty cool. I was hoping it might get built into a 8.5" tire car.
    Kilkare xtreme outlawseries X235 2014 Champion and Record Holder
    Dedpedal Racing;Sponsered by Lasota Racing;Tuned by S&M motorsports motorsports
    Boss block 347/225 TFS HP's/SR/BW S476/A2W/PG/FAST xfi on E85
    5.33@134 on a 26x8.5"

Quote Originally Posted by chris91 View Post
    Good luck with the project man!! Great to see the car stayed local and will be finished. Definitely make sure to snap some pics and post them along the way. If you need any help with posting them up lemme know and Ill help ya out.
    Thanks, I will keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff88coupe View Post
    Good luck with the build. Big inch windsor with a stick sounds pretty cool. I was hoping it might get built into a 8.5" tire car.
    It still could, I have also been debating a TH400 in it versus the other tranny.
    What do you guys think?

Im puting a car together for umtr also, its just not a true mustang without the clutch pedal!! lol
    X2!! Thats why mine has a c-4 but the clutch pedal is still hanging in there LOL!!Good luck that will make a real nice ride!!
    CINCY SPEED
    DAYTON PERFORMANCE
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2010
    DIRTY DOZEN #3 2011
    DIRTY DOZEN #2 2013
    Fall 2011 Cincy Speed SCS Winner

It has been a slow start w/ this but I have just acquired a cowl hood for it, not much room in the garage with the other car and engines sitting around. Really need to sell my big block and other roller to fund this new project. I do appreciate all the comments and will be working on this more often. I will post some photos later on today, not going to be the best looking car at this time but it will be a starting point and show progress as I work on it. I have my Powerglide and I have just acquired a Tremec 5-speed and Edelbrock Victor Jr. heads as well. Time will tell how everything works w/ that 434W Dart motor.

Latest update, working on getting the Stang over to Rob to install the Chromoly roll cage. I am working w/ him on picking it up and can't wait to get the cage in the car to start working on the other body components left to be finished and get it painted.

Not sure if I want to paint the car one solid color or add some character to it, Craig gave me some nice paint (House of Kolor Sunset Pearl).

If anybody has any paint schemes let me know or post it on here for me to see.

Here are a few photos of the car rolling on its own. If you haven't noticed the factory door handles have been replaced by another set, anybody able to figure out what they are from? Also notice the relocation of the fuel fill cap?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2Fast4You; 10-23-2011 at 10:01 PM.

Pontiac door handles?
    It looks like a brake part!
    NO NO !!! Its a balancer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xowner View Post
    Pontiac door handles?
    I was over there today and that was one of my first questions ...

Glad to see you finally rolled it out and took some pictures of it... Love the stance of that coupe...
    90 LX - new Toy
    " i have 4eye issues"
    1982 GT T-top
    1983 T-Top Dominator
    1985 Gt vert
    84 Turbo Gt
    82 Ttop

Glad to be back

Vette, .
    Quote Originally Posted by 89notch View Post
    I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.
    xtremeoutlawseries.com

Thread Information