Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: 91 Mini Tubbed Mustang Coupe

Traded my 9" Fox Body rear end for a JW Performance SFI Powerglide trans and an 8" PTC converter. I just had the trans gone through w/ the clutches and some bushings replaced. Trans has the forward pattern manual valve body and trans brake ready to go. Converter is being sent back to PTC to be rebuilt to my engine and race specs. I wasn't sure about the trade to start w/ but it seems that I really came out ahead on this deal, one for me. Trans came w/ a BB Chevy bell housing but luckily I already had the JW Ultra Bell bell housing to fit the Powerglide to my SBF so I have the BB Chevy bell housing to sell. I have been able to sell parts off of my other chassis to help support the build of this one. I am currently on stand by on ordering my pistons until I confirm the cc of the combustion chambers on my current cylinder heads, so until then I will focus on stripping the other car, thanks everyone.
    #9 2011 Spring Street Car Shoutout

1991 Mini Tubed Mustang Coupe, in the works.
    351W base, PG, Stock Suspension chassis

Another change has taken place, I have confirmed the cc of the combustion chambers on my existing Victor Jr's as 60cc but have decided to upgrade to a better head for the 8.5 class I want to run. So I am putting my Victor Jr's up for sale, if interested let me know. So I have changed transmissions, cylinder heads and how much I was going to spend on this. Man I sure hope I don't have to keep changing my mind.

Looking good, and changing plans is all part of it, lol

What heads are you looking to go with now?

I already have them on the way Brian, brand new Trick Flow Hi-Ports with some magic. They are coming w/ Comp Cams Pro Magnum roller rockers and rocker stud girdles. I believe I am going to sell the rockers and girdles and purchase some T&D shaft mounted rockers instead. Once again here I am changing my mind and I haven't even received them yet.
    I checked the tracking on them and they are showing to be here tomorrow being delivered by FedEx.

Here are the new additions to the build, looking forward to these getting the chance to perform. Bennett Racing CNC TFS Hi Ports Stage 3 porting, flow 350cfm intake, 260cfm exhaust, set up for power adder and solid lift cam, now I need to order my pistons to get the engine build under way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2Fast4You; 02-24-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Those r badass need to put them on my motor to c if they do any good lol

New addition to the build, thanks Shawn.

In the one picture of the exhaust port, it looks like the port work got into the bolt hole. Is that just the picture?

It is opened up so much that the CNC Porting went into the horizontal bolt holes. That is not an issue do to that I will be using the other bolt holes for the headers.

Just picked up the exhaust to be used on this set up for now, it is a set of used Kook's headers w/ 2" primary to 3 1/2" collectors and Spin Tech 3 1/2" X-Pipe w/ high flow Pro Shoot Out mufflers to dump at the front of the rear differential.

Not any updated photos but I have taken care of getting the steering linkage squared up and know focusing on the brake lines. I have also picked up a bare 351W block to start the mock up on the drivetrain. Waiting for the heads to be CCed to order my pistons also. This has been a slow process but it has had more done in the last 6 months than what Craig had done in the last 3 years. LOL

Here are a few photos, the non tilt steering column, Flaming River steering shafts, front adjustable control arms, Strange manual brake master cylinder, Hurst line lock and brake lines that have been mocked up. Still need to finish the proportioning valve install and rear brake lines. Fabricated a mounting plate for the B&M Pro Stick shifter. Also a photo of the JW Performance transmission w/ Pro Tree trans brake, 8" PTC converter and my ATI Super Damper balancer.

Some small steps to getting this thing ready to run this summer as follows:
    I have completely finished all brake lines up front back to the proportioning valve, rear brake lines not yet completed. My 15 year old son said he was bored last week and wanted to work on the Mustang so he started doing body prep. He sanded and wet sanded the body in most areas and then start to primer and wet sand those areas, he has never taken on such a task so with a little guidance on my end I have to say he did a fantastic job. Engine plate should be here today at anytime now via UPS and I will start the mock up of the engine and trans. This has been a steady work in progress and this car has seen more attention than the previous 460BB Mustang I just parted out. I will provide some updated photos soon. Everyone keep doing a great job.

Here are a few pictures, one of the finished plumbing of the line lock, the dash mock up, fuel cell mock up and the new Racecraft Inc. engine plate. Now I can start the mock up of the drive train. The chassis my son has started wet sanding and spraying primer. Need to get the door handles finished and the front pumper prepped.

Last edited by 2Fast4You; 05-14-2012 at 09:35 PM.

nice progress!
    1990 mustang gt- sold
    new project- ls 6 speed swapped into 94 s10

Not any updated photos but I did finally get my custom pistons last week and took everything I had to the machine shop. Should be about 4-5 weeks to get my complete engine, intake to oil pan ready to go. Can't wait to get my 351W based engine dropped in and get everything set up to run. Most likely won't be driving it this summer but want to get it running, I have next summer to look forward too.
    Last edited by 2Fast4You; 06-08-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Looks very good, keep up the good work!
    "Beat it with a stick"

Quote Originally Posted by 90fastgt View Post
    nice progress!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AZZKIKR View Post
    Looks very good, keep up the good work!
    Thanks

Get it done so I can drive it for u.

Thread Information