Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Running of the Dozen

understand, I have asked to be removed from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri1979 View Post
    understand, I have asked to be removed from the site.
    There is no need for that. We are a community brought together mainly by our love for the mustangs / racing etc..

Stick around, hang out, post, come to the events, and top the list.

you've got a car that can do it.
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

As I stated before Ive been a member since 2009. Look it up. HDNEMO. Its not my fault that this site didnt give me as a user the proper support.
    Whom did you contact? We've changed email addresses a couple of times in the last few years so I can only look back as far as Feb of this year and I dont see anything sent to webmaster@stangbangerz.com regarding your current account or the HDNEMO account? I also checked the moderators forum and see nothing mentioned there about your account. I can get both your accounts squared away, merge the accounts, using which ever name you prefer. We did have an email problem for the last few months that we were able to fix last week, but the email password reset system has been working otherwise, so you should have been able to reset your password for your original account as well.

I'm here to help.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Thanks, for your help. But does this keep off getting on the DD? Who makes that decision

Since I'm not a contender It doesn't affect me in any way. I think the bigger point they were trying to make is that, even if you were a 10 yr member, if you never posted or showed up to events you're not eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Since I'm not a contender It doesn't affect me in any way. I think the bigger point they were trying to make is that, even if you were a 10 yr member, if you never posted or showed up to events you're not eligible.
    yes, "participating member" is the wording vinny used, and specifically said, not just using the forums for selling stuff.

i welcome as many new members as possible. and that time would more than likely take the spot next year, but the posting does not warrant it for this year.

it's got nothing with me trying to stay "on top"

as soon as bills car is running again, he will bump up, and as soon as jeff gets some kind of a cruise in on his car, he will go above that.

like ricky bobby said "if your not first, your last" what difference would 3 vs 4 make to me?? 0, but, it would bump whoever is # 12 off the list, when they have participated, and been here. it's not about me, it's more about the #12 guy.
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Somethin' ain't right because I know for a fact I've seen some posts from an hdnemo username before. And in advance, I've never met this guy in my entire life.
    98 Cobra - Bolt Ons
    2017 F-150 3.5 EB

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0calypso93lx View Post
    Somethin' ain't right because I know for a fact I've seen some posts from an hdnemo username before. And in advance, I've never met this guy in my entire life.
    he posts on the other boards under the name, extremestreetcars for one
    2022 F150 10.76

I said I didnt give a fuck about the DD.

are you referring to the warnings from last night from me?

quit fucking warning me I will see you @ the track friday.
    2022 F150 10.76

Thanks, for your help. But does this keep off getting on the DD? Who makes that decision
    No single person makes the decision. It is a group effort any time there are questions so that there aren't any favorites being played, or someone can't try to keep someone else off the list to protect their position.
    --John
    Still Stangless

what do you suggest. I dont have time to play games with this.

Tim has been to all the scs races. I believe these count. And I think beefcake has a personal vendetta with Tim judging by past posts when Tim trailered beefcake at the spring scs

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by stocknotch View Post
    Tim has been to all the scs races. I believe these count. And I think beefcake has a personal vendetta with Tim judging by past posts when Tim trailered beefcake at the spring scs
    I have 0 vendetta against Tim.

All the stuff with the trailering started out as good fun and jabbing. Some people take things too serious.

The car runs great, and the car is fast. If it runs on the street and goes 8's that is very very respectable.

I post up the times for the list. It is not my final decision whom is on and off the list. As I said, when I update the list. I look at member time, post count, events, etc..

There are 0 posts for the hdnemo name, and the capri name was just registered and started posting yesterday. This does not make an active "Stangbangerz member". It just does not. So, it's out of my hands and up to the Admin and other mods. John has already stated he has not been contacted by anyone in reference to the hdnemo name, so, if you have a problem, talk to him. It's not me.

Beeny boy for example is a friend of mine. As he has not participated on the board enough. He will not make the list this year.

Jeff is a friend of mine, he has not "driven" during the cruise or scs yet. The car came out late in the year. So, it will have to prove it's street worthiness before the end of the year as well.

If I was showing favoritism, Jeff and Benny would be on the list already.

That's not how it works. I update the list per the rules. If there is a question on any of the times. It's up to the admin / mods as a group, as John has already said.

Everyone bitches at me, because i update a friggin excel database. It's not "Beefcake's" dozen, it's Stangbangerz Dirty Dozen.

It's the same thing that happens every year at the end of the year. EVERY YEAR.
    Last edited by beefcake; 10-18-2011 at 03:31 PM.
    2022 F150 10.76

I dont think Beefcake has anything against me. Its funny that Ive tried to get access and didnt get it. Will one all the admins get together and LMK. Yes or NO.

That's not the case here at all. Terry doesn't own the dozen, he only updates this thread and keeps the list accurate. Decisions regarding eligibility for the dozen are not under any one persons control, we make a group decision if there are any potential issues. This eliminates any bias or personal issues. Tim (Capri1979) hasn't been posting on this board actively till last night. He was posting under someone elses name (which wouldn't count), but I can't find any attempts to PM me or another admin, or open up a thread in the help section, or email the board via the contact us link to request his password reset.

The bottom line here is that though he may have participated in SCS events and maybe others that would qualify him for the Dozen, he hasn't been an active member of the board till last night (at least officially).

I'm fairly certain that after some more of the mods weigh in with each other that we are going to not allow him on the Dozen this year. This doesn't take away from the hard work that he put into his car, or mean that we don't want him to be a part of the SBZ family. Stick around, have fun with us and lets see you at near the top of the list for the 2012 dozen.
    --John
    Still Stangless

And Jeff goes to everything. Where does it say your dd must attend? This is why no one fast posts up there ets the list has lost its sense of value with all the "rules" seems like there is to much time spent keeping guys off the list.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

And Jeff goes to everything. Where does it say your dd must attend? This is why no one fast posts up there ets the list has lost its sense of value with all the "rules" seems like there is to much time spent keeping guys off the list.
    The rules have not changed. They are the same rules vinny had, it's pretty simple in a sum up. Come to "SBZ Events" and be a "participating" member on the board.

Vinny's idea was around true street. A 30 mile cruise and run the car.

When Craig started up the new Shootouts, we added the shootout as a Stangbanger event as well. Although the cruise falls short with only being 15 miles, we are still counting it.

I do believe the cruise range should be doubled in the future, but it's not my event.

I will post it again, as it seems I always have to several times at the end of the year.

Vinny's rules, not mine or anyone elses.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny5oh
    Here ya go.....

Also, you can expect things to shake out at the end of this season to level the street-car vs race-car issue. We're going to pick a test and tune day at the end of the season, have all potential dozen members meet at a set location and DRIVE to the track and make passes. This will weed out the 5 gallon fuel cell race cars, prove their street credibility as well as keep the list local. If you can't make a test and tune session around here then you aren't local. We may recquire that all dozen list members attend the fall cruise-in as well to once again prove their street creds as well as their involvement with this site. We don't need one-post-wonders claiming to be a SBZ member, making the cut and leaving somebody off the list with more of a street car and more time on this site.

So with that, I'll start the first round.
    "His car isn't really a street car" is something I hear a lot. Problem is, everybody's opinion on what a true street car is will be different. As the rules sit right now, a street car is defined as having license, tags and insurance. I made it this way only to parallel the NMRA Wild Street definition. This is probably the toughest one to call so making these cars come out on the street to stay on the list will make things more fair in my opinion. This can be accomplished by requiring the cars to drive to the track at least once and/or showing up at our big cruise-ins.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

Thanks for reading
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny5oh

-A Participating member of Stangbangerz.
    **That means, you show up to SBZ events and get-togethers.

**AND**

**you are an active member on Stangbangerz forums (posting 100 things for sale is NOT an active member)
    Vinny wanted street cars, period! For as long as I am here, I will fight to keep the dozen the way Vinny wanted it, and no one else.
    2022 F150 10.76

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    That's not the case here at all. Terry doesn't own the dozen, he only updates this thread and keeps the list accurate. Decisions regarding eligibility for the dozen are not under any one persons control, we make a group decision if there are any potential issues. This eliminates any bias or personal issues. Tim (Capri1979) hasn't been posting on this board actively till last night. He was posting under someone elses name (which wouldn't count), but I can't find any attempts to PM me or another admin, or open up a thread in the help section, or email the board via the contact us link to request his password reset.

The bottom line here is that though he may have participated in SCS events and maybe others that would qualify him for the Dozen, he hasn't been an active member of the board till last night (at least officially).

I'm fairly certain that after some more of the mods weigh in with each other that we are going to not allow him on the Dozen this year. This doesn't take away from the hard work that he put into his car, or mean that we don't want him to be a part of the SBZ family. Stick around, have fun with us and lets see you at near the top of the list for the 2012 dozen.
    So if I can find my older emails that I sent to reset my pass word Im good to go.

Here is an attempt in May 2011.

Dear hdnemo,

You have requested to reset your password on StangBangerz Forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
    http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/l...e1271a6a6eb1a8

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: hdnemo

To edit your profile, go to this page:
    http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/p...do=editprofile

All the best,
    StangBangerz Forums

-----
    No virus found in this message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 10.0.1209 / Virus Database: 1500/3610 - Release Date: 05/02/11

Thread Information