Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Running of the Dozen

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    The rules have not changed. They are the same rules vinny had, it's pretty simple in a sum up. Come to "SBZ Events" and be a "participating" member on the board.

Vinny's idea was around true street. A 30 mile cruise and run the car.

When Craig started up the new Shootouts, we added the shootout as a Stangbanger event as well. Although the cruise falls short with only being 15 miles, we are still counting it.

I do believe the cruise range should be doubled in the future, but it's not my event.

I will post it again, as it seems I always have to several times at the end of the year.

Vinny's rules, not mine or anyone elses.

[b]

Vinny wanted street cars, period! For as long as I am here, I will fight to keep the dozen the way Vinny wanted it, and no one else.
    yeah but vinny didn't run the dd with an iron fist like it is now. Vinny was a racer and hell would have to have froze over before he would have told jeff he didn't make the cut. This is why your guys dd gets slower every year and guys like me don't post our times.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Capri1979 View Post
    Here is an attempt in May 2011.

Dear hdnemo,

You have requested to reset your password on StangBangerz Forums because you have forgotten your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To reset your password, please visit the following page:
    http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/l...e1271a6a6eb1a8

When you visit that page, your password will be reset, and the new password will be emailed to you.

Your username is: hdnemo

To edit your profile, go to this page:
    http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/p...do=editprofile

All the best,
    StangBangerz Forums

-----
    No virus found in this message.
    Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
    Version: 10.0.1209 / Virus Database: 1500/3610 - Release Date: 05/02/11
    Ok, you got the email, what happened after that?
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

It would not let me log on.

OK, click reset password and whatch what it does. Thats what it done nothing. You can try it and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by stocknotch View Post
    yeah but vinny didn't run the dd with an iron fist like it is now. Vinny was a racer and hell would have to have froze over before he would have told jeff he didn't make the cut. This is why your guys dd gets slower every year and guys like me don't post our times.
    x100000000

Quote Originally Posted by stocknotch View Post
    stocknotch, your right this site is a pain in the ass. I will stay on Extreme Street Cars where its straight foward.

Need to set up a race between Extreme and Stangbangerz. That would be funny.

imo why not let the list govern itself. if the members/racers see someone they dont think belongs let them point it out.

IMO the list was originally something fun and cool to have a friendly competition and show off some of the fastest mustangs in the tri-state. Vinny was a working class cool ass racer and if someone had to work 6 days a week 52 weeks a year to support their familys and couldnt make it out in their sponsored magazine featured race car every weekend. but bullshitted in the garage with other mustang enthusiasts/ members of this site, had his car tuned at and supported local speed shops that support this site, made it out one day a month to go race and have fun etc. I'm pretty damn sure he'd be on the list. And not having enough posts to be on the list what a joke. Just because you post on an internet forum while you sit around all day at your desk job doesnt make you any better than maybe someone who doesnt have a fancy laptop and wireless internet, maybe some racers post up when they get a chance to use the computer at a friends house or library, but still spend countless late nights in the garage with more members of this site than other who "make the list"

just a bunch of drama and BS if you ask me. turning something fun into some strict ass retarded rule filled bullshit.

you cant get around the fact that almost none of the "fast" guys even bother posting up for the dozen anymore. Why do you think that is Terry?

It would not let me log on.

OK, click reset password and whatch what it does. Thats what it done nothing. You can try it and you will see.
    Did you try the link within 24 hours of getting the email? As the email says, that link is only good for 24 hours. I just went through the entire pwd reset process on my side on my own account for shits and giggles.

When you click the pwd reset link you will get an email with the link that is good for 24 hours. Click that link and your pwd is instantly reset and you are logged on. You get a 2nd email with your new pwd and you can either use that or go to your User CP and reset your pwd.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

Quote Originally Posted by dsmawd350 View Post
    imo why not let the list govern itself. if the members/racers see someone they dont think belongs let them point it out.

IMO the list was originally something fun and cool to have a friendly competition and show off some of the fastest mustangs in the tri-state. Vinny was a working class cool ass racer and if someone had to work 6 days a week 52 weeks a year to support their familys and couldnt make it out in their sponsored magazine featured race car every weekend. but bullshitted in the garage with other mustang enthusiasts/ members of this site, had his car tuned at and supported local speed shops that support this site, made it out one day a month to go race and have fun etc. I'm pretty damn sure he'd be on the list. And not having enough posts to be on the list what a joke. Just because you post on an internet forum while you sit around all day at your desk job doesnt make you any better than maybe someone who doesnt have a fancy laptop and wireless internet, maybe some racers post up when they get a chance to use the computer at a friends house or library, but still spend countless late nights in the garage with more members of this site than other who "make the list"

just a bunch of drama and BS if you ask me. turning something fun into some strict ass retarded rule filled bullshit.

you cant get around the fact that almost none of the "fast" guys even bother posting up for the dozen anymore. Why do you think that is Terry?
    why are you asking me, i don't control the times?

His rules are what I posted. Not mine. And Vinny was actually pretty strict when it came to the rules. whether it be the dozen, threatening people, just being an asshole, etc..

The only problem that ever arrises on the list is with people that aren't included by "Vinny's rules".

I 100% think Jeff should be on the list. But, the car just came out after not being ran at all this year. And has not been on the street yet. It simply needs to do some kind of a cruise and he'll be on.

Jeff is one of the oldest members like myself and I consider Jeff a friend. You can't just run a number in a car that has never been out on the street and say it's a street car. That's why Vinny made the rules he did.

He specifically said it needs to prove itself at least once, if not 2 times per year.

VINNY SAID IT, not me.
    [B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

im simply asking you what you think. WHY have so many people decided to not participate in the dozen?

im simply asking you what you think. WHY have so many people decided to not participate in the dozen?
    I have no idea who has decided not to "participate". The only times I know, are the times that people post. Not the times that aren't posted.

It really is a pretty simple process. Come out and hang out once or twice a year, participate on the fourums throughout the year. Run a number, post it up.

Why everyone overcomplicates it, I have no idea. I have never had a problem with making a cruise in or 2 a year. Running the car, hangin out on the fourms. Hanging out with friends.

I've got together several times with guys from the board outside of the forums at the track, and just hangin out bs'ing.

It should be easy and fun.

At the end of the year, as long as I remember, people jump on the board that either just joined, or joined, and made 10 posts in the for sale section, came to no cruises, and want to be on the list.

If it and the community is important to you. Be here. You don't have to be here everyday, but drop by once a week for 10 or 15 minutes and see what's going on.
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

DD

I agree, should take a poll and let the members make the desicion who should or shouldnt be on the list. Just because you dont have enough post is silly. Its about the guys and their cars not about texting each other like little school girls. How about we take a poll and get the real answer. It needs to be about the guys and the cars.

DD

Quote Originally Posted by 05yellowgt View Post
    Did you try the link within 24 hours of getting the email? As the email says, that link is only good for 24 hours. I just went through the entire pwd reset process on my side on my own account for shits and giggles.

When you click the pwd reset link you will get an email with the link that is good for 24 hours. Click that link and your pwd is instantly reset and you are logged on. You get a 2nd email with your new pwd and you can either use that or go to your User CP and reset your pwd.
    Thats the issue I never recieved a 2nd email. But what funny last nite after I was on here for a while. I done it again and recieved the email you are talking about. When you stated that the site had some issues what were they?

I agree, should take a poll and let the members make the desicion who should or shouldnt be on the list. Just because you dont have enough post is silly. Its about the guys and their cars not about texting each other like little school girls. How about we take a poll and get the real answer. It needs to be about the guys and the cars.
    Just playing devils advocate. If it's not about the site and posting, then why not just the guys that want to hang out together get a little piece of paper and write down who they want in their group and who is the fastest, and have their own dozen and not worry about the web board.

In the end, their has to be some guidelines to follow. There just has to.
    2022 F150 10.76

Why does this same bullshit come up every damn year. If this site sucks and you don't like the rules then don't participate. Its that simple.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

I am curious of this...... If you were allowed to use times from Bowling Green and Columbus, Does that mean times from Muncie Dragway would be counted also? It is closer than Columbus from Cincy I think. Not really localized. Just curious. Carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by leroy93lx View Post
    I am curious of this...... If you were allowed to use times from Bowling Green and Columbus, Does that mean times from Muncie Dragway would be counted also? It is closer than Columbus from Cincy I think. Not really localized. Just curious. Carry on!
    Like Craig said before, Vinny used to like to get guys together and hit those 2 NMRA events.

That's why we decided to use them again.
    2022 F150 10.76

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Why does this same bullshit come up every damn year. If this site sucks and you don't like the rules then don't participate. Its that simple.
    I agree with this statement. This is kinda what destroyed our hillsboro days because it became who had the biggest wallet or who wanted to go in debt the most. The thing that brought us all together ended up destroying our friendships because of dumb shit like this. If your proud of your hard work and the time you spent great , why does being number 1 on some internet forum hold so much power ?
    87 T-Top gt(sold)
    93 Cobra (blk/grey)(sold)
    96 Cobra (blk/blk)(sold)
    93 Gt(put out to pasture)
    93 Cobra #4084(sold)
    2010 kona blue gt(sold)
    2013 ghig gt
    2018 kona blue gt

The more I think about this, after reading the last couple posts, I can say it's because of the drama imho.

Every year, at the end of the year, this same stupid crap happens. The last couple years, it's me catching all the grief, for keeping a friggin database. I know Craig got fed up and didn't want to deal with it.

If people who didn't (and know they didn't) do what was needed to be on the list, their would be 0 drama!
    2022 F150 10.76

When Im sober, Ill post a response.

Everyone, is missing the point.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    Your right and that's what's going on. The real dozen doesn't post so you have a second string list. Guys stick around hoping one day the site will resemble what it once was.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Thread Information