Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Running of the Dozen

Then why come here year and after year, bitch about the rules, and stir up a bunch of shit. Its exactly that kind of behavior that has driven long time members away from here.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

That's not the reason they've left.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

This isn't my battle so I'm going to step back. But last year I myself had to run naked through magic kingdom to get my time posted up.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

You can keep telling yourself that if you want. There are quite a few long time members that don't come here any more or don't post anymore. I know of at least a couple that got fed up with allt he BS drama over shit like this.
    Last edited by cstreu1026; 10-19-2011 at 08:56 AM.
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

And most just switched to racing web sites like this used to be.

2010 DD #1
    2010 SS #2
    Xtreme 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Capri1979 View Post
    Thats the issue I never recieved a 2nd email. But what funny last nite after I was on here for a while. I done it again and recieved the email you are talking about. When you stated that the site had some issues what were they?
    The only issue was emails not being sent. But since you got the first email you did it while there wasn't an issue. If you clicked the link within 24 hours then you'd have had your pwd reset and had the 2nd email sent to you. If you clicked it after 24 hours then obviously it wouldn't work.

Based on that, it wasn't a site problem that kept you from resetting your pwd.
    --John
    Still Stangless
    2013 Ford F150 FX4 Ecoboost
    2013 Honda Odyssey (wifey's whip)

It's funny how people want to bust my balls since I am posting the list. Craig included. The person updating the list is always "hated upon"

It's like no one remembers why Craig didn't want to do the list anymore. It was specifically because of this same thing.

All the bitching and complaining and people hating on the person trying to adhere to the rules.

The rules and my opinions have not changed since day 1! I guess now that Craig is the advocate for Middletown and doesn't want to take the heat, that I am left standing alone.

If we look back though at people not coming to "Stangbanger" events or posting on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    My 9 year old can understand better than this guy....

Ok Paul, follow closely.

GAC was NOT a Stangbangerz event. Although, I appreciate you guys showing up.
    Its not fair to all the guys who support this site and show up to events...
    Scott has a very streetable, good looking Stang, but if he cant make the effort to show up to at least one Stangbangerz event or contribute something useful to the site, then why should he be on the list?

Everyone else on the list has been to The Spring and Fall Crusie ins and/or running of the ponys. Hell a couple have made ALL the events and are regular posters in here.

Either way...
    He doesnt post, he doesnt show up to any SBZ events, he doesnt support SBZ....

You are correct.
    Since you guys "dont post here very much" why are you still here?

As for Scott, noone is questioning his Stang nor what track it runs at. ( We have quite a few Dayton & Middletown guys that come to the evevts) The issue is He has not been an active member till he gets threatend off the Dozen. That looks like he is here to only be on the list and contribute nothing to the site.

An "honorable mention" should be made

If he has a geniune interest in SBZ, then he will post (valid posts not post whoring) and maybe bring his Stang to some events or even just show up. Then he can be eligible for the DD 2007.
    I really dont see what is so hard here...You support SBZ by showing up to SBZ events and/or be an active member on the boards.
    6) Must be a current active member of StangBangerz.com.
    7) [b]Must attend at least one of the Cruise ins[b], at least one of the Dozen Shoot outs and possibly another Running of the Ponys.

Thats MY opinion

[B]2015 Mustang GT - 8.40@170
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

You are taking a quote out of context with the driving in the street thing. What is being quoted was vinnys idea of a cool stret car race . The Dozen was created to get people off their asses and get them to the track to talk a little smack and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Timido View Post
    You are taking a quote out of context with the driving in the street thing. What is being quoted was vinnys idea of a cool stret car race . The Dozen was created to get people off their asses and get them to the track to talk a little smack and have fun.
    I agree, I am not sure what is being taken out of context.

All those quotes were in reference to the same thing. A person that had posted up a time on the dozen, and had never posted on the site or been to a Stangbanger event.
    2022 F150 10.76
    www.beefcakeracing.com for all your late model Mustang, Hemi and Camaro Exhaust / Supercharger / Suspension and suspension needs.

Yayyyyy Beefcake is #1.....Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!! Now he can post he was #1 on the sbz DD in his next magazine shoot!! After finishing on top of the DD maybe he can get even more sponsors!!! Yayyyyyyy for Beefcake!!!!!!

P.S. Hey Beefcake, you ever thought maybe the reason the real fast guys quit posting is because they didn't want to deal with your crybaby ass every time they post a time??? Maybe you should get off your high horse of thinking your somebody just because you take care of the DD and hand it over to someone that's not a jackass so it can be ran right. Maybe then you'll have your real dozen back....Just a thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Whyucryn View Post
    Yayyyyy Beefcake is #1.....Yayyyyyyyyy!!!!! Now he can post he was #1 on the sbz DD in his next magazine shoot!! After finishing on top of the DD maybe he can get even more sponsors!!! Yayyyyyyy for Beefcake!!!!!!

P.S. Hey Beefcake, you ever thought maybe the reason the real fast guys quit posting is because they didn't want to deal with your crybaby ass every time they post a time??? Maybe you should get off your high horse of thinking your somebody just because you take care of the DD and hand it over to someone that's not a jackass so it can be ran right. Maybe then you'll have your real dozen back....Just a thought!
    It's amazing that people simply can not read.

I DO NOT RUN THE DOZEN. I update the database list. That is all.

I'll be more than happy to let Dave, or John or someone else update the database next year. That way I don't have to take all the fukin grief that pops up the end of the year like every year. Then, whomever is the one posting up the list, can listen to everyone bitch and complain and tell them to pass the list to someone else. Just like every year.

IT's NOT MY LIST. IT"S THE STANGBANGERZ LIST. I AM NOT THE ONE WHO DECIDES WHO IS ON OR OFF THE LIST. ALL OF THE MODS AND ADMINS DECIDE. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUKING SKULL.

I was not on the top of the list until a break last week. As soon as NOSHOT reruns, and Jeff gets on the street, they will both move up on the list.
    2022 F150 10.76

I vote for either Tim Duncan (Timido) or Jeff (jeffs88coupe) to run the DD next year. Both of these guys are stand up guys and respectful to everyone equally. I think everyone on here respects both members and respect goes a long way. I'm sure there is others that would do a great job but these two get my vote. Beefcake, noone likes you.....GTFO!!!!

I don't care who runs it next year it will be the same whining and bitching over a sticker next year.

1998 Mustang GT
    Coyote Swapped

Quote Originally Posted by Whyucryn View Post
    I vote for either Tim Duncan (Timido) or Jeff (jeffs88coupe) to run the DD next year. Both of these guys are stand up guys and respectful to everyone equally. I think everyone on here respects both members and respect goes a long way. I'm sure there is others that would do a great job but these two get my vote. Beefcake, noone likes you.....GTFO!!!!
    Craig was pretty well respected too, that didn't stop the bitching and complaining when he was updating the list.

It doesn't matter who does it. And again, I could give a shit who does it next year. It's been the same pattern every year since we've had the list. Even when Vinny was here there was the same drama and people bitching about.

And it's for the exact same reasons now as it was then. It has nothing absolutely nothing to do with who updates the list. It has to do with people who know they don't qualify, posting times to be on the list, and then the bandwagoner / trouble makers jumping on board stirring the pot.

It is 100% that simple!
    2022 F150 10.76

Quote Originally Posted by cstreu1026 View Post
    I don't care who runs it next year it will be the same whining and bitching over a sticker next year.
    You beat me to it.
    2022 F150 10.76

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    It's funny how people want to bust my balls since I am posting the list. Craig included. The person updating the list is always "hated upon"
    You should be use to it by now.

It's like no one remembers why Craig didn't want to do the list anymore. It was specifically because of this same thing.

Actually I figured it would be a conflict of interest between shops and was trying to avoid conflict by staying neutral in the hopes that more people would post their time. I was guessing if someone doesnt like me, then why would they post if I was "maintaining" the list

All the bitching and complaining and people hating on the person trying to adhere to the rules.
    Been like that from day 1, you knew what you were in for.

The rules and my opinions have not changed since day 1! I guess now that Craig is the advocate for Middletown and doesn't want to take the heat, that I am left standing alone.

So you decided to drudge up OLD posts to try and take me down with you? Nice proof of character. Since when am I a "middletown" advocate? If you look at most of the current M-town guys, most of them are supporting other shops, which is fine, but dont think I am out helping any certain group.

If we look back though at people not coming to "Stangbanger" events or posting on the forums.
    Ill be the first to admit that I dont show up to SBZ events like I use to. There are many factors that support my decision, but mainly, I HAVE A FAMILY WHO I LOVE SPENDING TIME WITH would be the #1 reason
    Have a nice day.
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

Have a nice day.
    I am used to it.

I don't know what updating the list has to do with shops, but okay.

I did 100% know what I was in for.

I am not trying to "drag you down". I was making a point that from day one, it's been this way just like you said, even when you were updating the list. And that you had the exact same stance that I, and most of the mods / admins / vinny had about who should be on the list. People seem to forget this though.

I was also trying to make a point that even when someone "respected" as some like to call it, is maintaining the list, this crap still happens. Hell, Vinny was the most respected person on the site, and it still happened when he was here.

So, next year, I will pass the torch to whomever wants to become the next willing victim and after a year or 2, they too will get tired of it, just as you did, and as I have and want to move on from it.
    2022 F150 10.76

K.I.S.S, just kill the dozen, problem goes away. This shit is so juvenile.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    K.I.S.S, just kill the dozen, problem goes away. This shit is so juvenile.
    Looks like it
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/ Where all this began!
    http://stangbang.tripod.com/twisted/ Vinny
    1984 Mustang build @craig_btr on Instagram

I know I am a newb to the tenth degree and have not yet participated much on the forum or been to any cruise ins, so my opinion should be mostly unbiased. Why not make the Dirty Dozen thread where times are listed only available to people with a certain post count? Kind of like the classifieds. You could set any amount of posts as a minimum and people could post their times and list members who witnessed the run throughout the season. At the end, all the moderators could figure out the top times and make one list. One post that tells the winners. Like you guys said, it is what it is. If someone is truly concerned about a sticker with their position, just get one that says "legend in own mind". This is not directed towards any one person, just the situation. Maybe a possible fix. The Dirty Dozen should not go away. Just my .2

Thread Information